Author Topic: Wes Fager  (Read 7219 times)

Offline pelberglaw

• View Profile
Wes Fager
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
In recent years the truth about Straight, Miller Newton, the Semblers, Kids and their progeny have become public.  While all of the villains have not been punished and the victims still deal with the aftermath the con that was Straight has ben exposed and the single person most responsible for making the truth known was Wes Fager.  Those of us who wanted to know the truth always knew that Wes was the primary source and his courage and dedication were an inspiration. Sometimes irrepressible but always honest and always extraordinarily decent he looked evil in the eye over and over again and he called it what it was.
Wes died yesterday.  He was an inspiration to me.  He should have lived a longer life then each of the bastards he exposed.  He didn't but the years he lived were well lived and he managed to take the harm that was done to him and his family and make it into something positive that was of value to the rest of us.  The world has been diminished by his passing.  He was a good man. He was a hero.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Re: Wes Fager
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
Rest in peace my friend. I know you're with the angels, Kaye and family, my prayers and love go with you.

Ken

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
What a blow!! This is so sad to hear!! He was a real inspiration to me as well, and will continue to be. I hope his passing was peaceful and without pain.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13:07 PM »
May the memory of Wes Fager and his relentless dedication always be an inspiration for continuing the pursuit of justice for ALL survivors. I'll miss you Wes.

:peace:
RG

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »
Quote from: "pelberglaw"
In recent years the truth about Straight, Miller Newton, the Semblers, Kids and their progeny have become public.  While all of the villains have not been punished and the victims still deal with the aftermath the con that was Straight has ben exposed and the single person most responsible for making the truth known was Wes Fager.  Those of us who wanted to know the truth always knew that Wes was the primary source and his courage and dedication were an inspiration. Sometimes irrepressible but always honest and always extraordinarily decent he looked evil in the eye over and over again and he called it what it was.
Wes died yesterday.  He was an inspiration to me.  He should have lived a longer life then each of the bastards he exposed.  He didn't but the years he lived were well lived and he managed to take the harm that was done to him and his family and make it into something positive that was of value to the rest of us.  The world has been diminished by his passing.  He was a good man. He was a hero.

What horrible news!

I am so grateful for all Wes did to expose the truth about Straight. I am so grateful for how much his research and website contributed toward my own personal healing. May he rest in peace....
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
Wes Fager is alive is very sick and please discontinue the comments about his death.

He is at present fighting for his life.

He has servered his country in the armed service, his community, his family and his causes and is a hero.

Kindly respect that.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »
Aw shit.  This is horrible news.  I wonder if the PFC goons will stop labeling us all "thestraights" now.  Maybe we should all take the name in honor of Wes.  I loved his website and activism.  It's a shame to see him go.  He was a hero.  Few in his position would have the integrity and strength to do what he did.
 :rose:
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:19:38 AM »
Is Wes alive? I can't imagine the OP posting about his death if he were alive.

I applaud Wes Fager for his dedication to the cause. As a parent I can fully understand his dedication which many would label as obsession.

It was due to the Straight website that Wes created and then to fornits which has opened my eyes forever to the many issues surrounding the "Troubled Teen Industry"

Thank you Wes for all you've done to help those who've been there, and to prevent many from going there.

:rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
I spoke with Wes Fager's wife this morning he is in grave condition in Baltimore.

Wes has fought cancer for 12 years all the while working hard to close places like Straight and expose their horrible abuses and frauds.

He never complained about his illness.

I know we thought he had passed the other day as his situation is so serious that was our understanding.

As of today he is fighting for his life.

If you have agreed with him or not, his heart has always been in the right place and anytime anyone needed him he was always there for all of us!

He dedicated his life to the service of his fellow man.

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 12:44:49 PM »
Wes passed away at 10:30 this morning.  :peace:

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
GOD IS WITH YOU NOW. THANK YOU TO WES AND HIS FAMILY.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
SAMANTKA :peace:
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »
Judging by all the calamity hitting the troubled parent industry just now, I'm guessin' he's already gone to work on the other side. Wish I could have gone dumpster divin' just one more time w/ that old man. Peace to ya, Wes, and to Kay and the kids.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
Dear Wes - Thank you for your dedication, hard work and for the love, support and encouragement you have given all survivors.  You will be missed, but never forgotten.  My preayers go out to Kay and his family.  Wes did much for us all.  He was the backbone of much of our efforts. Thank you for loaning him to us for so many years.

your friend and comrade in arms -

Mike

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
R.I.P. Wes! Glad to have known you!

:peace:  :peace:
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 08:35:18 PM »
"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men. Abraham Lincoln "

Wes lived by this statement.

Wes always put his fellow man before himself.  He dedicated his life to his country, his family, his grand-kids and his causes.

Wes thought things through very carefully, so when Wesley Fager spoke, he spoke the truth.

That's why the Semblers have always been afraid of him.

Wes set a very high bar for all of us to attempt to live by.  He was the most decent man I have ever met.

He was my father and brother, my counselor and friend.  

The lessons he has taught me and the values he projected on me, I shall forever be in his debt.                

To his grandchildren, your grandfather is a hero, hold your head high and tell people he is a hero because he is.

To his family and friends we grieve together.

The war is far from over and many battles are still to fight.

Wes Fager has given us the confidence and strength to continue in our efforts to rid our world of abusive and terrible organizations which set out with awful motives to ruin our society,  Richard Bradbury Tampa, Florida