Author Topic: Turning 18? DO THIS.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Turning 18? DO THIS.
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:13:09 PM »
http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/s ... php?t=4172

"My beautiful but troubled daughter and I spent wonderful day on her 18th birthday. We spent the whole day together, getting our hair done, shopping, talking, laughing. She borrowed my car that night to go the movies with friends. That was over a month ago and I haven't seen her since. I received 1 text message asking for her car (which she hadn't finished paying me for yet) and then a phone call telling me she was coming to see me. Then I never heard from her again."

Owned!

All in all, this is the most reasonable and sane way to deal with program or otherwise insane parents, and for our younger Fornits readers, I strongly advise it. Plan for your 18th birthday, and then disappear.

The only thing is, the kid kept the car, which of course the bitch used against her. They CAN AND WILL use absolutely everything they have to bring you back- even if you are over 18. Remember this! Give up the car, cell phone, whatever- what's important and necessary is that you SEVER TIES COMPLETELY! Get a restraining order if you have to!

You'll thank me later (later being the day you do it).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
Re: Turning 18? DO THIS.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
kick ass! but ya leave the car. mom got what she intended. (wwasp saying)
i have no feelings for the mom what so ever. had she listened and loved her child than the child would not have left. poor parenting plane and simple.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »
that mom actually sounded O.K. to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
Turning 18? Consider Benchmark.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 04:42:06 AM »
I dunno. I mean, I'm glad the kid isn't in a facility any more, and I don't know the whole story, but it still saddens me.

These places do nothing but tear families apart. Everyone loses.

It makes me think about Daniel Yuen.  :(

I hope they are able to reconcile at some point.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
Good advice,  Its very natural for kids to leave at 18.  I feel worse for the ones (and families) who hang on living at home into their twenties never getting their butt in gear or lives strightened out.  If a program was responsible for this kid maturing on time and realizing their parents are not the answers to all their lives questions then more power to them the parents did a good job.  They all should be out of the house figuring it out for themselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Good advice,  Its very natural for kids to leave at 18.  I feel worse for the ones (and families) who hang on living at home into their twenties never getting their butt in gear or lives strightened out.  If a program was responsible for this kid maturing on time and realizing their parents are not the answers to all their lives questions then more power to them the parents did a good job.  They all should be out of the house figuring it out for themselves.

Don't you have anything better to do than troll psy?   ::)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »

Don't you have anything better to do than troll psy?   ::)

You are in the wrong thread.  Psy hasnt posted here, try to stay focused.  No one is trolling here, just let people express their opinions.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »

It's one thing to just move out (as I did. couldn't fucking wait, either). It's another to cut someone out entirely and run away. The thing that saddens me is that, I would assume (and a safe assumption, I would think), the reason she did this was because she didn't want to be sent back, and/or she's furious with her parents for doing this to her. Both are totally valid reasons for getting the fuck out of there.

This is the fault of the industry, period. It is anti-family. It does exactly the opposite of what it claims to do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »
If i read the thread in question correctly, the girl was never in a program...read the thread that's linked . Not only was the mother not a program parent, she largely rejected the labels the industry tries to medicalize youth with...Read the thread, tell me if I'm getting this wrong.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:41:40 PM »
All in all, this is the most reasonable and sane way to deal with program or otherwise insane parents, and for our younger Fornits readers, I strongly advise it. Plan for your 18th birthday, and then disappear.

ah, this is what misled me. "program or otherwise insane parents." I missed the otherwise insane part.