Author Topic: Miller, McCarthy Reintroduce Legislation to Stop Child Abuse  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Miller, McCarthy Reintroduce Legislation to Stop Child Abuse
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
Great! It got stuck in the Senate again. They're sitting on it just like they did with the last one. We need to find who is blocking this and dis-elect his ass.

Yes, I know, it doesn't go far enough. Not the point right now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »
I still think that a regulatory bill only lends credibility to their existence. But then again, I've made no bones about the fact that I'm an abolitionist, not a reformist.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 06:59:42 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
I still think that a regulatory bill only lends credibility to their existence. But then again, I've made no bones about the fact that I'm an abolitionist, not a reformist.

I agree the whole industry is a sick veneer for crappy parents who want to abuse, dominate and/or get rid of their incoveniences. If a kid is really so "sick" he needs to be institutionalized then the only place they should be is a psych hospital--there is simply NO reason or justification for any program to exist.

Why can an adult  be remanded only to a psych hospital but a kid to anyplace a “parent” wants them to be?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"

I AGREE. regulations or not isnt it illegal to use someone as a slave or beat them to death? So why is it all of a sudden legal to do that in a "school"? We already have regulation in place: medical fraud--ilegal, kidnapping--ilegal, psychological torture--illegal. Enforce the regulations already in place.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »
I'd like to point out one more time, that yes of course all these things are against the law. Most would be felonies if prosecuted. But these programs are savvy enough to set up shop in tiny little communities with desperate economies and local yokels all to willing to look the other way even when kids end up dead.

As it is, if the local yokels decide there is no crime - which they are all to prone to do, as it is so much in their best interest to protect the program over the kids - then thats it. There is no protection or prosecution of the crimes committed.

This is why we need federal legislation. It is much harder to buy off the feds; and They don't give a rats ass about the local economy.

Its not a cure. It won't solve the problem. But as long as what they pass has some teeth - some sort of real consequence to violating the protective measures or committing assaults on body and mind - then there would be some incentive for the programs to operate in a less destructive way. And if they continue to continue - then there is someone the victims can turn to beside the local yahoos who are in the programs pocket.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »
I am doing everything in my power to work with the agency responsible for regulating these facilities, You all have my word I will fight tooth and nail to make sure that the proper steps are taken to keep these turds in line. I know there is only so much one person can do but to be fair I am one hell of a force to be reckoned with. Especially when it comes to this issue.

I've expressed before I want to assemble a committee to draw up the plans for this venture... I hope that some of you who are concerned about this bill keeping its "teeth" are willing to work with me. In my mind we are the teeth.

As usual feel free to PM me or email me.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]