Author Topic: Triple the Fraud at AARC  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Triple the Fraud at AARC
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:19 AM »
I have seen contradictory evidence as to the amount of AARC fees generally paid by clients.  AARC themselves claim that most client families are subsidized in some way, whereas most of the former inmates to whom I have spoken have families that footed the bill.
80% of AARC's funding is derived through government grants and charitable donations.  If the client families do indeed pay most the $150 per day, then AARC is taking in an additional $300 to $600 per day per individual client on top of fees paid by the clients.  Again, with a staff of amateur Clinicals and Peer Counselors, where is this money going?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Triple the Fraud at AARC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »
A single mother called AARC not too long ago to inquire about the program for one of her children. When she expressed concern about turning her home into a prison and the time commitment required, she was told that if she really loved her child, she would find a way to make it work. (By the way, consent is worthless in the court of law if obtained under duress)
When she informed the AARC staffer that she could not possibly afford the $50,000/year fee, she was informed that AARC would graciously allow her to pay off her debt over a number of years, and even offered to let her work it off by helping out on weekends. How nice.
If I was that AARC donor shown on the Fifth Estate, I'd really like to know where my $100,000 went. Somehow I doubt it was used to get "two miracles" through the program.

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »
I have mentioned this several times - I know several families who were made to bring in their financial information - investments, home equity assessment, tax returns etc. It is only after resources are exhausted, that donated money flows. SO WHERE ARE THE MILLIONS GOING????

Staff salaries are mostly very low. Families house and feed clients (seven nights a week, all day sunday and holidays), labour is done by clients and families. Vehicles are donated. Food is donated on special occaissions, prepared by "volunteers".

In a recent tax return posted here a million $s went to miscelaneous - thats a lot of unexplained cash disappearing....

If I was a donor or parent, I would demand to see AARC's financials. Nothing to hide?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »
$$$ Donations are given to the Swift Current Broncos to use for their PR

When you think you're helping create a Miracle at AARC you're funding a hockey team

SUCKER

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
A single mother called AARC not too long ago to inquire about the program for one of her children. When she expressed concern about turning her home into a prison and the time commitment required, she was told that if she really loved her child, she would find a way to make it work. (By the way, consent is worthless in the court of law if obtained under duress)
When she informed the AARC staffer that she could not possibly afford the $50,000/year fee, she was informed that AARC would graciously allow her to pay off her debt over a number of years, and even offered to let her work it off by helping out on weekends. How nice.
If I was that AARC donor shown on the Fifth Estate, I'd really like to know where my $100,000 went. Somehow I doubt it was used to get "two miracles" through the program.

Troll
alert !!!

I doubt an inquiring mother is going to refer to her own home as a "prison".  Nice try, though !!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »
AARC told this woman that she would be required to take clients home when her child progressed to the second phase, and that staff would come to her home to fit bars on her windows and make sure everything was secure. In her own words, yes, AARC made her feel as though they would turn her home into a prison. She chose not to put her child in AARC. (For that, and other reasons)

People are really paranoid around here. I am so not a troll.  :seg:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »
Well, I am sure Dean is pocketing the majority of it - it is the way I remember it being.

My father was pressured to make corporate donations even years after I was no longer part of the cult.

Thankfully, he woke up and stopped making contributions and stopped sponsoring the golf tournament...

What's Dean driving this week? The Saab or the Audi?

Guest44431444

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »
In all likelihood the money is off-shored.  The Caribbean is my best for the final destination of the "Miracle".  The Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda or the Caymans seem likeliest.  Any AARColytes travelling to Vanuatu recently?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
In all likelihood the money is off-shored.  The Caribbean is my best for the final destination of the "Miracle".  The Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda or the Caymans seem likeliest.  Any AARColytes travelling to Vanuatu recently?
Nah, he can keep all of it he likes.  There is no law against getting rich off of a company you started.  The donors dont care because they get their tax cut no matter what is done with the money.  Take a look at the drug companies (or drug dealers!!) and what they are putting in their pocket or the oil companies.  The Wiz doesnt even come close to their profit margin.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »
What is the wiz?  AARColytes I understand.  They are followers or supporters of AARC similar to Barackolytes are to Obama.  But who is the wiz?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »
AARC is not a company that the Wiz started.  He is not entitled to take whatever lucre he can from the organization.  It is a registered charity, originally funded by the Rotary Club and the Provincial Government of Alberta.  AARC operates in an industrial park out of a former warehouse joined to a former seismic shop.  The facility does not operate specialized medical equipment, nor does it have residential services.  It  keeps between thirty and sixty people during daylight hours.  The staff, aside from the two nurses, are not professionals.  There are teachers, paid for by the Calgary Board of Education.  Thus, in a setting equivalent to a school with sixty students, AARC takes in six or so million dollars a year, but unlike a school, AARC does not have to pay the salaries of professional staff.  Millions upon millions of dollars are disappearing into this black hole every year.  This money is, as stated above, likely ending up in an offshore tax haven.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »
AARC is not a company that the Wiz started.  He is not entitled to take whatever lucre he can from the organization.  It is a registered charity, originally funded by the Rotary Club and the Provincial Government of Alberta.  AARC operates in an industrial park out of a former warehouse joined to a former seismic shop.  The facility does not operate specialized medical equipment, nor does it have residential services.  It  keeps between thirty and sixty people during daylight hours.  The staff, aside from the two nurses, are not professionals.  There are teachers, paid for by the Calgary Board of Education.  Thus, in a setting equivalent to a school with sixty students, AARC takes in six or so million dollars a year, but unlike a school, AARC does not have to pay the salaries of professional staff.  Millions upon millions of dollars are disappearing into this black hole every year.  This money is, as stated above, likely ending up in an offshore tax haven.
No, I am sure it goes to the board members.  They are the ones running the place, after expenses they are entitled to their share.  Look at the bonuses the banks in the states are giving out.  A few million a year isnt much compared to what most other places are getting.

Salaries before bonuses.

Charities:
World Vision
http://www.worldvision.org
Richard Stearns, President: $407,799

Children International
http://www.Children.org
Jim Cook CEO: $365,700

Save The Children
http://www.savethechildren.org
Charles MacCormack, President: $336,335

Christian's Children's Fund
http://www.ChristianChildrensFund.org
John Shultz President: $290,799

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »
What is the wiz?  AARColytes I understand.  They are followers or supporters of AARC similar to Barackolytes are to Obama.  But who is the wiz?

The wiz is short for the “wizard of oz”.  As the story goes those who were lost went to see him for help i.e. courage, a heart or a way home.  But it turned out that they already had these things inside of them but it took the “wizard of oz” to help them to discover their own strengths.  This is similar to what the wiz (Dr. Vause) does.  He doesn’t give the kids anything that they don’t already have but he is more the catalyst in helping the kids discover what they have inside of themselves and helps them to help themselves.  Not sure who coined the phrase but it is a very accurate comparison.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »
Not sure who coined the phrase but it is a very accurate comparison.

It was one of the staff at AARC.  This guy use to talk about the kids taking a journey of self discovery similar to the story of the wizard of oz.  Also that the kids already had the ability to live a clean and sober life and all they needed was someone to help them discover this in themselves.  Does anyone remember who this guy was?  Ernast or Ernie?  It was like 4 years ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »
They money is very likely being offshored.  AARC wages to employees account for less than two million per year, out of the six million taken in by AARC each year.  The original Forge Rd building was paid off long ago, and the expansion into the digs formerly occupied by AARC parent Peter Boyd's AARCIS was entirely funded over two years ago.  Thus, each year, millions of dollars are vanishing through AARC.