Author Topic: Pathway in the news again 2/07/2009  (Read 6371 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Pathway in the news again 2/07/2009
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 12:18:14 AM »
there was a rather nutty TB parnet on there at one point.  Did you see this, FR?

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wish/ ... 4J/post615
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:33 AM »
nope i didnt see that one. thanks for the heads up.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 12:43:32 AM »
Quote from: "firstresponder"
nope i didnt see that one. thanks for the heads up.
She's a real bitch, ain't she.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »
She's one of those parent i'd put in the "sadistic fuck" category.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 12:49:08 AM »
This stuff exacerbates me. If I may share my feelings about the matter, I have feeling like crying just even just barely skimming those comments -- because WHA???? Parents restrain the kids now?   Oh because the kids aren't allowed to anymore???? So now even bigger fat asses will be sitting on the kids???

The other thing is --- WHA????? Parents are going in the bathroom where the kids are? What?????!!!!!!!  Excuse me because it will take a while to get to read it all and now I don't know what page to look on for that....

So I am not going to say anything until I find out!!!!!

Anyone got page #s on this and thanks psy for the page 18 reference!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 12:54:03 AM »
Quote from: "Wha again"
This stuff exacerbates me. If I may share my feelings about the matter, I have feeling like crying just even just barely skimming those comments

I'm pretty numb to this stuff at this point, but even I was shocked at some of the comments.  I agree.  The good thing is that all these parents have no idea just how batshit crazy they look to outsiders...  My strategy is to just keep em talking so they'll hang themselves with their own words.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »
Quote from: "Wha again"
WHA????? Parents are going in the bathroom where the kids are? What?????!!!!!!!

I didn't see that.  If I did I would have noted the page.  If such a comment is there, you'll have to go through it manually to find it.

I wouldn't trust what all the "parents" say.  Some might not actually be parents.  One parent, "James D", for instance, claimed that parents never participate in restraints.  Then comes Darren Williamson who admits he particpated in "a couple"...  There are other contradictions elsewhere.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »
Oh... and the "informed supporters".  There are a few of those too... kinda like the scientologists who go "I am not a scientologist but...  bla bla bla  scientologists are the best bla bla bla scientology is a completely legit religion bla bla bla"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:13 AM »
Why does PFC get hundreds of thousands of dollars for host homes when they don't pay for it the parents do?

Anyone done any kind of Michigan Bureau of Investigation, Freedom of Information Act, request on PFC? Why really did they close if they had enough money? Or didn't they have enough money? What's the non-profit tax form called that is supposed to be public?

Okay, thanks for your consideration of these matters, any information. Just another insomniac survivor here, thanks for wasting my time while I waste yours late at night on the internet unpaid while we slackers and hackers get out the bookkeeping ledgers and try to figure it out while playing yo-yo and do bong hits. :)

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 01:40:16 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
She's one of those parent i'd put in the "sadistic fuck" category.

no that's in a category all to itself. i think i have seen her before on antiwwasp. she is just insane. oh well keep em talking so they hang themselves. i love cat and mouse. someone is saving this shit right?
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »
someone is saving this shit right?
Yup.  And if it disappears. It'll be hosted here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 02:16:15 AM »
i was trying to point out that it things like behavior are better dealt with at the home level. if you feel that i was advocating FOR this torture than you miss took what i was saying. i am in no way trying to give them food for thought, im trying to do just the opposite. if a child can have one of what is mentioned (unfortunately a lot could fall into this via teenage rebellion) which is worse to or equal to what the parents are claiming and it is better to deal with it at a home level why not their child? or do they not listen to people who deal with this every day. (which most of the parents fall under. example i know whats right even thought there is proof to the opposite.)

Ok, maybe I’m not expressing myself well. Basically, what I mean is that ODD and CD are not legitimate pathologies and I wish you would not validate them The idea that "rebellious" "behavior" in and of itself is a disease is preposterous (and ODD and CD are but lists of "rebellious" behaviors) and its creation and subsequent diagnosis is a great human tragedy. This invention has pathologized and destroyed people through the "treatments" administered for it.

When did that AMA recommendation not to put kids who are dxed with ODD and CD in Bemod centers or BCs originate? As you can imagine, that recommendation is easily avoided by simply advertising your facility as a therapeutic boarding school.

Ot, but just saying

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 02:29:40 AM »
Most kids who are labeled with ODD/CD aren't actually diagnosed with it... other than maybe by the facility to justify more time (more money).  The definition in the DSM clearly states that normal teenage behavior should not be labeled as ODD/CD.

I wish that were true. I don't know if it is. Do you have links about how often it’s diagnosed by "doctors"? I just read some article where some medical finding was excerpted, saying as many as 20% of youth come down with ODD at sometime in their lives...

I have experience with this dx being dished out for ridiculous reasons. In the end, in “identifying” this "disorder" the dr will rely on parents’ description of behavior. And parent’s descriptions of behavior most often are not in line with reality.

Not to mention, whether or not the inventor of ODD doesn't want it applied to normal teen rebellion the disorder clearly describes normal teenage, hell, human behavior, so that can’t be avoided.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 02:58:46 AM »
Darren Williamson: someone should check into the DWs in the area... i wonder if all the blog activity will help the situation. i really doubt that parents are watching the kids go to the bathroom..i still its the kids doing it to the other kids. If it is the parents...well, i guess that's some kind of improvement. THey  don't do it like Straight did it anymore! They've changed! Now PARENTS, not kids, sexually abuse the captives en mass

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:30 AM »
LOL.. thread still going strong.  I have a feeling this is goign to turn out to be a VERY long news commentary thread.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wish/ ... 6MVS4J/p50