Author Topic: Records From PFC  (Read 1355 times)

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
Records From PFC
« on: August 06, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »
Pathway is now allowing former clients to receive copies of their records. However, they are charging money for the service. 25 cents a copy!  

Anyway, with daily group notes and billing sheets, say five a day, for my stay that would be around a thousand dollars! That's not including my treatment plans or anything else. This seems very unreasonable to me.

Does anyone know what PFC is required to do by law regarding one's personal records? EMSR  

[ This Message was edited by: SurvivorEMSR on 2003-08-06 16:45 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records From PFC
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »
Your record has always been available to you.  Go in and go through what you want to have copied. It's your information. Maybe there is just certain info you want copied.

Offline butternationalist

• View Profile
Records From PFC
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
this s the mot ludacris thing in the world . nearly thirty thousand dollars if not mor was spent on my stint at that hellhole and youtry and charge me for the files ive ben entitled to sincethe day i left. go fuk yourself pfc. the most youll ever get is a box of paper from me. ( which contains 500 sheets for 19.99 @staples. forty six dollars for mine. kiss my grits.
 :mad: peace-----smith

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Records From PFC
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 03:44:00 PM »
This is a magic incantation to make a jaberwok back off and hand over your intellectual property in exchange for a reasonable copy fee: medical records copy fee cap. Many states have a specific dollar about, like $100, no matter how many pages there are.

So try asking any legitimate medical professional and find out any statute numbers, common terms to use to describe any policies and practices. Ask a Mich. lawyer how much they'd charge to draft a letter citing whatever relavent jaberwok incantations they know of.

The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
--William Safire

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes