Author Topic: Oddly familiar Evangelist Tactics  (Read 1158 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Oddly familiar Evangelist Tactics
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
Welcome to CultyGroupthink similarity speed round.

Ok go......

Wife says Haggard told her of struggles years ago.
(1. evidence of crappy relationship skills coming from divine leaders teaching you how to give them all your money and feel guilty about an imagined laundry list of crapola. She swept it under the carpet and did nothing sensible about it.)

CHICAGO (AP) — Former evangelical pastor Ted Haggard's wife says she knew about his struggles with same-sex attraction for years and felt he was "winning the battle" before a scandal involving a male prostitute triggered his downfall in late 2006.
(2. Why the fuck is sex described with war terminology? Well at least we're winning the war on terror).

Gayle Haggard makes the remarks in an appearance with her husband on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to air Wednesday. She said she was shocked when Haggard first told her the truth about the allegations against him.

"The first words out of my mouth were, 'Who are you?'" she said, according to a publicity release issued Tuesday by Harpo Productions.
(3. Holy cedu speak! Perhaps he should go through his truth propheet again and discover his real chrome ball with a queer cadbury center)

However, Gayle Haggard also said her husband told her early in their 30-year marriage that he "struggled with some thoughts."
(4. Holy cedu speak - make it stop! Thought struggling? You mean "I" was telling "me" that 'I on I action' was hot?)

"I felt it was the thing that could destroy Ted if he gave in to it," she said. "So I prayed for him and I felt as though he was winning the battle."
(5. Doctrinius absiridtitus!!! Don't give into I. Talk to imaginary cloud person to help in the war against same sex boners)

Haggard, 52, resigned as president of the National Association of Evangelicals and New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo., after the male prostitute went public. Haggard confessed to "sexual immorality."
(6. Can anyone say Caroline and Randy? Prodigal children become power staff become child molesters?)

The scandal widened in recent days with disclosures that Haggard also admitted to an "inappropriate" relationship with a church volunteer, Grant Haas, who was 22 at the time.
(7. Swashbuckling is inappropriate.  Absolutely! Well, except in prison and unintentional contact during a 3 way with a broad. Didn't every single rap promote "inappropriate" relationships amongst peers/staff? How else shall one describe forced group disclosure of prior sexual acts??? )

Haas told KRDO in Colorado Springs that Haggard performed a sex act in front of him and sent him illicit text messages. He informed New Life Church shortly after the scandal broke, and the two parties reached a settlement in 2007 that included a confidentiality agreement. Haas went public as Haggard is heavily promoting an HBO documentary about his time in exile.

Time in exile? They fagfixed him real good? Excorcised satan right out of him? This will be a new frontier in evangelical insanity...Metro-born again-evangelism

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD95VNC080
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »