Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Who Am I Discovery/Whitmore

I See Mark - Where's Cheryl?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Anonymous:
Leave Mark and Cheryl alone. God you people are sickening sometimes. Cheryl is an angel, you just dont have the chance to know that because your head is so far up your own asses. You believe bullshit stories, and never even go to the source of things. If I was to write on here a long story of how the fucking sky is green and purple, you would probably be gullible enough to believe it.
All you who attack Mark and Cheryl, make me sick and I know that one day KARMA will come to bite you back.

Get a life. Seriously.....

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "SHUTUP" ---Leave Mark and Cheryl alone. God you people are sickening sometimes. Cheryl is an angel, you just dont have the chance to know that because your head is so far up your own asses. You believe bullshit stories, and never even go to the source of things. If I was to write on here a long story of how the fucking sky is green and purple, you would probably be gullible enough to believe it.
All you who attack Mark and Cheryl, make me sick and I know that one day KARMA will come to bite you back.

Get a life. Seriously.....
--- End quote ---

I believe the courts, not bullshit stories.  Mark Sudweeks is forbidden to own animals in Canada because he starved and neglected horses.  Mexico threw him and Cheryl out.  Juab County shut down the Whitmore.  The Sudweeks paid out a settlement recently, read about it?  

Now, is any of the above "bullshit"?  

--- Quote from: "SHUTUP" ---Cheryl is an angel,
--- End quote ---

See above again.  You have a weird concept of "angels".  Don't let the Sudweeks con you, too.

Anonymous:
Plea deal for ex-school operator
She agrees not to run another rehab facility in Juab
By Linda Thomson
Deseret Morning News
Published: September 22, 2006
The former operator of a therapeutic school for troubled youths who has been kicked out of Mexico and accused of starving horses in Canada has agreed not to run another rehabilitation school in Juab County.

The agreement in Cheryl Sudweeks' case was reached this week as part of a plea bargain in a hazing incident involving students at the now defunct Whitmore Academy in Nephi, once operated by Cheryl Sudweeks and her husband, Mark.

Sudweeks, 51, pleaded no contest to four charges of attempted hazing, all class C misdemeanors. She was originally charged with six counts of child abuse, class A misdemeanors, and two counts of hazing, one a class A misdemeanor and the other a class B misdemeanor. A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as such for purposes of sentencing.

The charges stem from claims by four teens that they had been abused at the facility, where investigators insist there were instances of physical abuse, as well as medical, educational and environmental neglect.

The grandmother of one of the victims is furious over the plea deal reached — insisting a child abuser got off easy. Even the prosecutor is muted in his praise for the outcome of the criminal case, calling it the best he could get under the circumstances.

"These kids made some allegations of abuse and I completely believe them. That's why I filed the case. But the fact that I believe them is one thing, whether a jury is going to believe is a whole different question," Juab County Attorney Jared Eldridge said.

The plea bargain allowed Sudweeks to enter a "plea in abeyance," which means the case will be closed in 12 months and the charges dismissed as long as she complies with the court's terms.

Those terms issued out the 4th District include completing 50 hours of community service and payment of a fine. Sudweeks also signed an agreement promising to never run a youth program in the county for the rest of her life.

"After discussing this case in the office and with other prosecutors I know, I felt this was a good way to resolve this case," Eldridge said. "It addresses some of the concerns I have — not all of them — but it resolves Mrs. Sudweeks to a be a law-abiding citizen for a year. Even if we got a conviction, that's all the probation she would have been given anyway. It requires her to pay a fine and do community service.

"And it shuts her down, at least here in Juab County, so they can't do business here. I believe it effectively shuts them down in the state of Utah," Eldridge said, adding that he forwarded the plea agreement to state officials over licensing.

Susan Schacherer, grandmother of a girl who was Sudweeks' boarding school for about a year, is convinced her granddaughter was repeatedly abused and humiliated.

Schacherer said the plea bargain is a slap on the wrist that sends the message that Cheryl Sudweeks can rough up minors and face no consequences. "For all intents and purposes, she got away with it," Schacherer said.

Sudweeks' lawyer, James Merrell, thinks otherwise: "Cheryl Sudweeks has had her life destroyed by the actions of some gullible people who work for the government who believe the words of kids that have a long history of lying and manipulating."

While the criminal case has been resolved, the families of four young people have filed a civil lawsuit against the Sudweekses seeking financial compensation.

E-mail: [email protected]

© 2006 Deseret News Publishing Company | All rights reserved

Anonymous:
MEXICO ORDERS UTAH PAIR TO SHUT CENTERS AND LEAVE
San Jose Mercury News (CA)

Dateline: SAN DIEGO

February 22, 2001

A Utah couple who operate centers for troubled adolescents has been ordered to shut down their program on the Baja California Peninsula and leave Mexico with 14 teen clients.

Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks were given until Friday to leave Mexico because they violated terms of their tourist visas by illegally operating a business, according to a spokesman for the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana.

The Sudweekses, of Alpine, Utah, ran the Chilanko Lodge Treatment Center in Santa Rosalia.

Suds kicked out of Mexico :rasta:

Anonymous:
August 2002
SPCA Continues to Care for Williams Lake
Horses as Sudweeks Appeal
As reported in last month's issue, the guardian of a ranch
near Williams Lake where 29 starving horses and seven dogs
were seized in January 2001 has been fined $4,000 and
ordered never to own another animal. On July 19 Mark
Sudweeks of Utah was found guilty of two counts of causing
or permitting animals to be in distress under the Prevention
of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act. This is the first time in BC
history that someone has been banned from owning animals
for life. The Sudweeks' caretaker, Bryan Tetz of Saskatoon,
was also fined $500 and banned from owning animals for
two years. The Sudweeks are now appealing the decision
with the hearing set for August 23.
Until all the details of the case are resolved, the SPCA continues to shelter and care for
the horses at a farm near Williams Lake, while the dogs remain in foster care. The
families caring for the dogs "would ultimately love to keep them," says Caddy.
This has been one of the largest cases, in terms of cost and number of animals, in the
history of the BC SPCA. Local RCMP, veterinarians, individuals, groups and businesses
have also helped by offering support and donating food, housing, foster care, dog walking
and dollars.
In addition to the successful criminal case, the BC SPCA also recently won a precedentsetting
civil lawsuit against the Sudweeks. In the decision, the B.C. Supreme Court
ordered the Sudweeks to reimburse the SPCA for the cost of caring for the seized
animals, which then stood at $120,000.
The SPCA is pleased with the outcome of both court cases. "The high penalties imposed
sends a strong message that it is entirely unacceptable to cause animal suffering," says
Doug Brimacombe, CEO of the BC SPCA. "The penalties and the awarding of care costs
set a precedent for other animal cruelty cases."
"It's been a long haul," says Sharon Caddy, Manager of the Williams Lake Branch.
"When the animals were first seized they looked like skeletons and skin." The horses and
dogs have regained their health since coming under the SPCA's care.
http://www.spca.bc.ca/news/Aug2002_AnimalsNews.asp

::deadhorse::   Mark Sudweeks  Animal Abuse Case  Canada

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version