Author Topic: Psy is not a program survivor, just an idiot  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Psy is not a program survivor, just an idiot
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 02:08:14 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
OP

I agree - all kids should have a set of 'battle tested'  brass balls by the age of 12.

This thread is about 18 year olds in programs not 12 year olds. These are adults who sign themselves in and know that they can leave whenever they want. They have the rights that come with being an adult citizen in the US. 12 year olds do not have rights, and that's why signing yourself into a program when you are 18 is completely different than being placed in one when you are 12. At that age you have no choice in the matter of placement, no say in when you leave and no rights whatsoever. When you turn 18 it's a totally different deal. You can leave whenever you want. Yes programs can choose not to give you any money but if you are being abused that wouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline MCL27

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/srfbrass
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Unless you have been in a similar situation you cannot say how you would react.  It comes down to two words "prove it".  The cops would have to prove that the staff did commit illegal acts, in such case it would be one person's word against another, since other teenagers enrolled who have been treated in a similar fashion would face retaliation by staff as well.  It's not a hard scenario to imagine, if you are truly convinced that what you are saying is true and you want to understand how and why he acted the way he did then call psy.  Unless of course you just want to make a spectacle of yourself at the expense of another person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
Quote from: "MCL27"
Unless you have been in a similar situation you cannot say how you would react.  It comes down to two words "prove it".  The cops would have to prove that the staff did commit illegal acts, in such case it would be one person's word against another, since other teenagers enrolled who have been treated in a similar fashion would face retaliation by staff as well.  It's not a hard scenario to imagine, if you are truly convinced that what you are saying is true and you want to understand how and why he acted the way he did then call psy.  Unless of course you just want to make a spectacle of yourself at the expense of another person.

Oh please, get over yourself. Your post doesn't even make sense. This is a forum to discuss topics related to the troubled teen industry. Given this topic is about the troubled adult industry I put it in the open free for all. Why the hell would I want to talk to any of you on the phone?  :rofl: He can post here in the discussion forum if he has a response. If he doesn't have anything to say then he doesn't have to post. It's not that complicated, it's as if you don't understand the concept of a discussion forum.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
Quote from: "MCL27"
It's not a hard scenario to imagine, if you are truly convinced that what you are saying is true and you want to understand how and why he acted the way he did then call psy.

And that goes for anybody here who wants to hear my side of it. I just don't have time to write it out right now (I already have anyway, if you use the search) since i'm working on my portfolio.  

See.  Sculpting an alien:
http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/foru ... topic=2143

Fornits ain't the only forum i post on.  I'm not gonna suspend my life at the whim of some ignorant/bitter asshole who wants a redundant response (information is already out there).

Right now i'm working on the hands but having a bit of an issue with retopology:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/foru ... topic=2144

Here's my most recent render (see attached):
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
I just don't have time to write it out right now

You seem to have plenty of time to go on for pages with kathyS.  Why not help everyone understand how it is an adult was forced into and to stay in a program, and yet you have not pressed charges against the program for false imprisonment? To me it doesn't make any sense how an adult signing into rehab is the same as a 12 year old placed without choice.

You can change the subject and offer for people to call you, which you know nobody will because they actually have better things to do than call up random weirdos from the internet. Why don't you want to talk about this subject? It's because there are facts that cannot be dismissed or ignored. As an adult you had a different experience than a underage youth in a program because you always knew if it got too bad you could just walk out. I want to know why someone who claims they were in abusive situation stayed there even though they had the choice to leave. Why would someone willingly let themselves get abused when they didn't have to? It doesn't make any sense. Unless the "abuse" was better than walking out onto the street, which suggests it wasn't really abuse.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
I turned 18 in a program like many of my peers.

Hell, some kids stayed after they were 18 and used the last few dollars of their family trust to pay for the final year knowing that when they graduated they wouldn't have a nickel to their name. I recall only a small handful of people leaving when they turned 18. I'm sure there are plenty of them that now regret leaving.

Looking back on it I wish I would have gotten the fuck out of there on day 1. It took me 15 years to fully realize this.

This is the entire point. You get sucked into the programs warped version of reality, believe it and live it.

You don't have first hand or related experience on the subject .

If you bothered to properly research the subject and develop a true understanding of the issue you wouldn't come across like a date rape advocate at a Klan rally.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 02:57:05 PM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
I turned 18 in a program like many of my peers.

Hell, some kids stayed after they were 18 and used the last few dollars of their family trust to pay for the final year knowing that when they graduated they wouldn't have a nickel to their name. I recall only a small handful of people leaving when they turned 18. I'm sure there are plenty of them that now regret leaving.

Looking back on it I wish I would have gotten the fuck out of their on day 1. It took me 15 years to fully realize this.

This is the entire point. You get sucked into the programs warped version of reality, believe it and live it.

You don't have first hand or related experience on the subject .

If you bothered to properly research the subject and develop a true understanding of the issue you wouldn't come across like a date rape advocate at a Klan rally.

So you claim you were brainwashed? To the point you couldn't recognize that you were being abused? I find that extremely hard to believe. If you were being abused then you wouldn't "believe it and live it", you would be desperately wanting to escape it.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:20 PM »
Welcome to Alice in Wonderalnd - down the rabbit hole you will go.

It's awfully anxiety provoking.

Perhaps you should just turn back now. You can't unsee the things you will see.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 02:43:05 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Unless the "abuse" was better than walking out onto the street, which suggests it wasn't really abuse.

Again, walking out wasn't really an option and if what you're describing was accurate, I would say you would have a point.  In any case, read the description in my signature of what Benchmark was like and come to your own conclusions of whether or not what some of the things they did were abusive.  I never claimed Benchmark physically abused kids (apart from maybe the Benchmark "diet").  I was quite clear it was almost exclusively verbal and psychological, as was CEDU, it's progenitor.  Synanon had a strict non-violence rule which CEDU inherited.  That being said the verbal confrontation was harsh enough to convince people to confess and even believe in things they did not do and problems they objectively did not have.  Clearly you do not understand how cults work.  I'm sorry if you suffered abuse in a physically abusive program (I assume that's why you're so bitter), but to discount all other forms of abuse is a slap in the face to a good 70% of this forum's population.  Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get convinced you had problems you didn't, and have to work that out later in life.  Consider yourself lucky you weren't convinced by the program that you were a worthless less-than-human being who had no ability to live on his own.  Consider yourself lucky you weren't beaten down that far, but don't dare judge if you were never there.

Again, if you want to know about the logistics of what went on, call me or use the search function.  I've already explained it at least five times before (but I lost my bookmarks on my other machine).
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »
So you claim you were brainwashed? To the point you couldn't recognize that you were being abused? I find that extremely hard to believe. If you were being abused then you wouldn't "believe it and live it", you would be desperately wanting to escape it.

Abuse was reframed as "help" or "therapy".  Since we had no pre-existing concept of what those things entailed, we assumed that's what they were.  Everybody around us was saying "you're just like us and you don't even know it".  "You are just in denial.  I was like you once but I came to realize that I needed help and this program is saving my life".  "You won't progress in this program until you admit your issue".  And so on and so forth.  Most kids who were there either because they thought it was a boarding school, or for reason such as ADHD or whatever _all_ ended up admitting to and a very large portion of them actually believing their trumped up confessions.  If you think this is fiction, go read some Robert J Lifton.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brain ... Confession

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
Unless the "abuse" was better than walking out onto the street, which suggests it wasn't really abuse.

Again, walking out wasn't really an option and if what you're describing was accurate, I would say you would have a point.  In any case, read the description in my signature of what Benchmark was like and come to your own conclusions of whether or not what some of the things they did were abusive.  I never claimed Benchmark physically abused kids (apart from maybe the Benchmark "diet").  I was quite clear it was almost exclusively verbal and psychological, as was CEDU, it's progenitor.  Synanon had a strict non-violence rule which CEDU inherited.  That being said the verbal confrontation was harsh enough to convince people to confess and even believe in things they did not do and problems they objectively did not have.  Clearly you do not understand how cults work.  I'm sorry if you suffered abuse in a physically abusive program (I assume that's why you're so bitter), but to discount all other forms of abuse is a slap in the face to a good 70% of this forum's population.  Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get convinced you had problems you didn't, and have to work that out later in life.  Consider yourself lucky you weren't convinced by the program that you were a worthless less-than-human being who had no ability to live on his own.  Consider yourself lucky you weren't beaten down that far, but don't dare judge if you were never there.

Again, if you want to know about the logistics of what went on, call me or use the search function.  I've already explained it at least five times before (but I lost my bookmarks on my other machine).

I do consider myself lucky, I never had to go to a program. But if I signed myself in after I turned 18 and then I got abused I would of walked out, I know that much. I'll read your link and maybe that will answer my questions, because as I understand it now I don't think comparing the choice of going to a program as an adult is on par with being forced to stay as a underage youth. It doesn't make sense to me why anybody would willingly stay and get abused when they could leave on their own whenever they wanted.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 02:59:08 PM »
I do consider myself lucky, I never had to go to a program. But if I signed myself in after I turned 18 and then I got abused I would of walked out, I know that much.

Read up on Margaret Singer's "Not Me Myth".
http://www.ideajournal.com/articles.php?id=12

More Is in her book, "Cults in our Midst".

If you were never there, you can't judge.

I'll read your link and maybe that will answer my questions, because as I understand it now I don't think comparing the choice of going to a program as an adult is on par with being forced to stay as a underage youth. It doesn't make sense to me why anybody would willingly stay and get abused when they could leave on their own whenever they wanted.

Then you have a lot to learn (though "willingly" is stretching it).  Watch Over The GW, read up on the CEDU forum, ask questions.  I'm sorry I don't have time to answer all of yours now.  If I have time, maybe tomorrow i'll answer your questions on how, logistically, it was made difficult (nigh on impossible) to successfully emancipate without the program.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »
Or sit back, relax and crack yourself open a tall glass of Liam...

Cedu Documentary Clip 4 - Raps

http://liamscheff.com/daily/2008/10/08/ ... ip-4-raps/

the Cedu Documentary. Students experience their first “Raps,” Cedu’s three-times-weekly, four-hour “attack therapy,” and based on the Synanon “Game.”

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »
Once you are brainwashed, you really don't have choices. Have you heard of Elizebeth Smart of Patty Hearst? Less famous is the prison warden's wife who after being abducted by an escaping felon...continued to live with him for 11 years, working in a chicken slaughterhouse

this is the story of colleen stam. she was abducted became so brainwashed she held down a job but returned to her captor every night. in court, her captor's defense team challeneged the "brainwashing" defense, claiming she was there volentarily, but she was victorius.
"Legally" brainwashing exists. And psy was brainwashed.
http://www.runshaw.ac.uk/groups/16-18%2 ... mind-4.pdf

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »
I've explained all this before.  Use the search feature.  I can't be arsed to look the shit up right now.  If you have the balls, you can call me on my phone and we can discuss this at length (+1802 332 6472).  I don't have time to type out a lengthy point by point response right now (especially one that i've already done).

It's hard to argue against the truth. The facts remain, you signed yourself in as an adult. You could of signed yourself out at any time. If you had any balls, you would of walked out the minute you realized it wasn't a "boarding school".

Psy is not a troubled teen program survivor, just some adult who signed himself into unnecessary treatment. How utterly pathetic.

That's not true, but again, if you want to discuss this at length, go ahead and call me number.  Block your number if you feel like it.  I'll still answer.  If you're really interested in finding out exactly how they kept us at Benchmark after the age of 18 (logistically and otherwise), call me.  Otherwise, if you're not interested in an explanation and are merely trying to upset me, good luck.  I've heard it all before.

How do you block a #?