Author Topic: Pam's address will be posted unless she renounces AA  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Pam's address will be posted unless she renounces AA
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
But you are going to teach him different right? That's very arrogant and program like of you. There are many arrogant 'dicks' in the world, I know my fair share. But somehow I manage to restrain myself from becoming a raving lunatic on their doorstep. Not because it wouldn't feel good to let loose, but because I am not completely batshit insane as you are. That's the main difference between sanity and you, self restraint and the ability to step back and look at the big picture. Good luck in your continuing search for sanity. I hope you find it some day soon.

Christ, talk about arrogant. ::)  You sure you're not related to him?

No, I'm going to regain some of my sanity by facing him and telling him that what he did was  wrong.  I hold no illusions of him ever "seeing the light".  He won't.  Ever.  But I did and for my own sense of control over my life, I needed to see him face to face.  Back a few years ago he was trying to open an adolescent psychology practice but was told he would be required to work "under the supervision" of another licensed psychologist because some other survivors made people aware of his past.  We all know he's not going to be under ANYone's supervision, so he decided to give it up.  Cool!  He couldn't stand to not have a following, so he then decided to become a "priest" so he could "counsel" children yet again.  I may not be able to completely stop it but I also couldn't just sit there and not say anything.

This obviously isn't the way that you would have handled things.  That's fine but it worked for me.  Beautifully.  And it did prevent at least a few kids from having to live under his rule so all in all, I'm a happy girl.   Being batshit crazy isn't all bad ya know.  :seg:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa