Author Topic: An Apology to Survivors of Straight from a Former Exec Staff  (Read 12877 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: An Apology to Survivors of Straight from a Former Exec Staff
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 02:08:07 AM »
Sir were you on Fager', or Straight's witness list for his son's lawsuit against Straight?

If not, why did you not come forward?

If so, what was your statements to the court?

Or did you clam up?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 07:24:36 AM »
Quote from: "From Richard Bradbury"
Sir were you on Fager', or Straight's witness list for his son's lawsuit against Straight?

Or did you clam up?

Here we go again.

Someone actually has the nadds to post here about their involnment in st8 and there are those who will attack, no matter what this person has to say.
Can we please go forward from here? Or is that too much to ask?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 09:24:22 AM »
Quote from: "here we go again"
Here we go again.

Someone actually has the nadds to post here about their involnment in st8 and there are those who will attack, no matter what this person has to say.
On an unmoderated forum, this sort of thing is inevitable. *shrugs*.  I'm not sure what can be done other than to try and address the resentment, if possible.
 :peace:
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 10:10:50 AM »
You are most eloquent in your apology; here, there is no doubt. You are most skilful in your avoidance of the word, wrong, as used in a sentence…I was wrong. It was used once…concerning dates employed, or rather said “On Staff”.

For 19 years you gave “little thought to my actions as a staff member of Straight.” And I as I take it, this began after your stint, time on your phases…ya know…incarcerated, against your will, oh and not to mention the 16 forms of Mind Rape you were also exposed to and…endured. So, I guess what I am saying is that there is no wonder in my mind why you had “little thought to my actions as a staff member of Straight.”

I struggle with your words. I have considered your words from the first time I read them. I suspect I have put as much consideration into the words as you did when they came from your fingertips. I have looked at the words from varying angles. From extreme distrust, inspecting motives and motivations that factor in your decision to articulate these words. Looking at the words and what they say on so many levels…amazing.

And yet I am in a conundrum. Take the words at face value (as they seem genuine, from the heart) or entertain a familiar contempt I have for the upper echelons of Straight Inc.’s operation central…from the time one is led out to the group and placed in the “chain of command” on upwards. As one climbed upward into the ranks of staff essentially got closer and closer to the evil.

You may have been “Executive Staff” at various locations, tending to what duties you had in day-to-day operations. Yet, you were a minion to a greater evil. Am I to be surprised you are the only one to come forward and apologize? The evil still exists and yet you broke free of the fear of that evil. I do not doubt that others, like yourself wish to come forward and do as you have done. They, I think have not out of fear. Not of us, the survivors, but the evil that pulled their strings, not unlike puppeteers.

For myself it is standard operating procedure to distrust any staff from the start. But this is not a start. I have already locked horns with you I believe, and you have continued to hit the boards. Your stories have remained consistent, your intent consistent and a sense of respect you show for those who suffer appears unwavering.

The cause or the genesis of my scrutiny comes from Straight Inc. It is what I was taught and trained to do. I am wrong to behave or communicate that way. I am responsible for my actions now, especially in regards to the “now” looking at the “then”. I genuinely do not like that I have had to re-train myself in that regard. But I have found it more and more necessary to develop some sense of forgiveness.

A staple in Buddhist Teaching (since ya already got a Christian perspective) is the concentration on Cause and Effect. Find that, establish that, make sure of that. Switch concentration to Forgiveness and ultimately switch concentration to Compassion.

I have found it easier to release a lot with individuals or in regard to individuals, but as an institution, not so much. Your words are my first words from an “Executive Staff” in the form of an apology. I hadn’t expected that. Considering that just a few days ago I posted a thread “On Forgiveness”. In the thread I ran a poll and of the five that participated only one indicated they would forgive with a written apology. Never the less I am convinced that is the direction I should go. I find that you have given much for me to consider, examine and reflect upon. This thread is of immense value, unspeakable value. Yes, for myself (even though it seems to have opened a can of worms, but at least not Pandora’s box) and for many others. I think in the long run your L.O.A will be refered to many many times. Un-countable people may read your words, after the shock, they may ultimately find healing. I think your LOA need be printed on every website devoted to Straight Inc. Survivors. Because I am assimilating information on Straight Inc. to take to a Tibetan monk, I plan to print your LOA out and include it in my package.

I was in Straight Inc, long before you probably smoked your first joint. I do not know you, and so on an individual level you never harmed me. However, three of my cousins may have been in the Atlanta Building under your “care”. One of the three was started over on 5th phase, as a college student he was invited to a keg party, which he did not attend, but because it was found out and because he didn’t admit it first to the group…blam…day one. Might you have been instrumental in this swift justice? Was that just a money grubbing opportunity? Insurance fraud? Or was it so goddamned important to admit to the group he declined an invitation to a kegger that not doing so deserved a start over?

Because of Straight Inc. our ties were severed for almost 30 years. One denied, at least momentarily, he had Straight Issues. That lasted for about 5 minutes, he spewed his guts to my better half and me for 90 minutes easy (we were on the road, I was driving). The other at least on the surface still spouts Straight Jargon and I haven’t been able to sit with the third in privacy yet. So I could only guess at their reaction.

I admire you for honesty and guts to put your conscious to words. I suspect you will loose favour of many of your past co-workers. Hope ya got all favours needed tended to before your LOA was released. It could very well be the straw that breaks the camels back. Up until now we were perceived as disgruntled folk with an axe to grind, written off as crazy as they probably deserved it.

Now, one of their minions has effectively blown the whistle. It will be interesting to see what unfolds as a result.

In all sincerity, I wish you much Healing
Om Shanti
In Peace
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
Thanks Rich.  I remember you.  I sent you an e-mail.

I remember when you copped out to VT and you were gone for a while before they brought you back.  Peace.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:16:46 PM by starry-eyed pirate »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »
sounds 2 good to be true

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
Thanks for your post. I think it took guts to do what you just did. I hope you can supply Wes with whatever information you have on them pricks so we can all contiunue to put this shit behind us one day at a time.

Offline richmullinax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 03:06:22 AM »
I haven't seen it come through yet ... [email protected]

Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
Thanks Rich.  I remember you.  I sent you an e-mail.

I remember when you copped out to VT and you were gone for a while before they brought you back.  Peace.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »
Quote from: "here we go again"
Quote from: "From Richard Bradbury"

Or did you clam up?

Here we go again.

It doesn't always go like that. Even in the realm of normal fuckups, sometimes you apologize and that's enough for the person to whom you're apologizing. Other times it's not. Like "Oh gee, I'm sorry, I stepped on your toe." is probably enough unless you did it on purpose in golf cleats, broke the toe, ruined an expensive pair of shoes, caused the dude to trip and not get out of the way of an oncoming bus, etc. Just let it roll, man.

Rich M seems to be up for this, ready to deal with whatever comes back. But he may not check the forum very often (as stated in the op) so you might want to email him, Rich.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »
Now here is a conumdrum; do I choose to believe that this is actually Richard Bradbury posting or do I choose to believe that this is someone other than him posting using his name to add credibilty to the post? How do I choose? How do I discern? Sure, some people may know and some may think they know, but in all actuality I haven't a clue.

I have to use judgement and disregard the post. Until I have some other proof, I cannot take it seriously.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:17 PM »
I don't have a problem with that, Tony. Anybody who knows Rich can ask him. I probably won't cause I don't have a reason to care that much whether it's him or not. Interesting question, though. I wonder where it's going? Wonder what the answer is and especially what the whole Fred Collins story looked like from Rich M's point of view. I know a few people who were tied in in various ways at the time, including having met some of the jabberwocks. Like everything else in that slanted house of mirrors, everybody was treated to a slightly different version of the show. I'd be very interested to read a response, regardless of who's asking.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
I don't have a problem with that, Tony. Anybody who knows Rich can ask him. I probably won't cause I don't have a reason to care that much whether it's him or not. Interesting question, though. I wonder where it's going? Wonder what the answer is and especially what the whole Fred Collins story looked like from Rich M's point of view. I know a few people who were tied in in various ways at the time, including having met some of the jabberwocks. Like everything else in that slanted house of mirrors, everybody was treated to a slightly different version of the show. I'd be very interested to read a response, regardless of who's asking.

I wrote conuMdrum.  Now I am using words that don't exist.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Freudian slip? lol

Offline wdtony