Author Topic: PFC Abandoning Ohio????  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: PFC Abandoning Ohio????
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 02:13:28 AM »
Quote from: "The Assessor"
Ol Julie, yes, she is the expert assessor there at PFC. Being a parent of a graduate of a program that uses the straight inc treatment model automatically places these parents in the positions of experts in the field of addiction. Is your child still there at that building? If so, where does he/she spend the night?

My son was only there from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. He went to a family in Ohio for the weekend. I found all this info Sunday night and raced down there to pull him out on Monday.
I'm so glad I listened to my gut and went in search of info on that place. I just wish I would have found all this before I sent him there. And let me just say, Julie is good at what she does. She lied to us about a few things and told us what we wanted to hear and after (she thought) we were trapped in and my son was down there, the truth started to come out.
I can't wait to get a good laugh when the bill comes in the mail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 02:23:48 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "The Assessor"
Ol Julie, yes, she is the expert assessor there at PFC. Being a parent of a graduate of a program that uses the straight inc treatment model automatically places these parents in the positions of experts in the field of addiction. Is your child still there at that building? If so, where does he/she spend the night?

My son was only there from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. He went to a family in Ohio for the weekend. I found all this info Sunday night and raced down there to pull him out on Monday.
I'm so glad I listened to my gut and went in search of info on that place. I just wish I would have found all this before I sent him there. And let me just say, Julie is good at what she does. She lied to us about a few things and told us what we wanted to hear and after (she thought) we were trapped in and my son was down there, the truth started to come out.
I can't wait to get a good laugh when the bill comes in the mail.

:notworthy:  :notworthy:

Good for you.  The world needs more wise and attentive parents such as yourself.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
Not a lot of parents recognize that sometimes "tough love" is just tough and even abusive.  Good for you, I hope you find a positive way to help your son.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
When I arrived at the PFC building in Porter/Chesterton all I can tell you is I got a creepy feeling about the place. I remember thinking what an odd/secluded place this is for a drug rehab facility. Then I drove around the building looking for the right entrance door and had to get out of my car and walk up to the building to read the very small sign they had in a window just to see if I had the right place.
I'm telling you I was spooked from the get go. But, I wanted help for my son so I followed through with the appointment.
What kills me is they don't tell you the truth about how things are run until after they get you to sign the papers and then you sit there and wonder how the hell am I going to do all this that they are asking me to do! But, at the same time you are grateful that you finally have some help saving your child. It's so sad what's happening to the kids and the parents.
I'm telling you these people at PFC are good! They have the brainwashed parents of  brainwashed graduates working there telling us how the place saved not only their children but the whole family. They had a "graduate" come in the room and tell us how the program saved her life! I mean we walked away thinking this place was sent from the heavens!
It's so sad because all we want is professionals to help us with these troubled children, not to take a beautiful child and turn him into a mindless broken spirit. I would never have signed up for that! No parent would if they were told the truth!
Anyhow, I live very close to the Porter area and I'm trying to figure out how to get the word out about PFC to this community.
I want to tell the truth, so any suggestions would be helpful!
By the way, the PFC here is only an intake/assessment building but will soon up and running just like the one in Indy. They told me around the first of December they are just a few months away from a full operating facility.
Is it legal to make flyer's and hand them out near the building?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Is it legal to make flyer's and hand them out near the building?

So long as you don't trespass (though you should double check on the fliers thing with the local authorities...  just ask them if it's legal to hand out fliers on public property. in your area of the state).

I'm not sure when the next protest is, but there should be something organized if you're interested in attending.

Also,  Just so you know PFC is hardly unique.  Many other programs in the troubled teen industry are far more discreet in their methods, but ultimately they rely on the same principles.

Oddly enough, what you saw as something sent from the heavens (parents and students giving glowing reports about "saving lives" and absolutely nothing negative at all to say) would be a serious warning sign to most around here.  Think about it.  Ask any kid about how he liked his high school or college.  99.9% of the time they will say positive things and negative things.  On the other hand, in the perception of a brainwashed person, the program is a savior within which no fault can be found.  What you're showing here is that most don't know what to look for until it's too late.  Again, I think it's fantastic you're both wise and perceptive enough to listen to your gut and checked the place out.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »
"guest"... Thank you for removing your son. Talking in person to the media would be a great way to broadcast the Truth. Print out flyers including websites with information, email ISAC Corp, contact your local county officials and the DMHA in Indianapolis. I am trying to figure out why the new building is assessment only though. Are you sure they are not "treating" kids there? The word had been that staff from Indy moved to Porter. Also, the media reported they were open for business there, earlier this month. Now, WE alerted the media, mainly the NWI Times of several PFC CADC and Porter County Council shenanigans involving over $350,000, plus the BS that is the "treatment" they offer, but the Times deliberately snubs offerings of the Truth.

One idea to ponder... raise some $$ for survivors to come up there and protest. It is expensive to travel and take time off from work, but if someone local up there could gather some funds for a specific event like that, then that would be a great way to help. Also, going to the school people, churches, radio stations, flyers work quite well at these venues. If you know where the program is fund raising, protest there too, LOL. They hate it when that happens.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 06:29:15 PM »
Actually, guest, I would like to have a private discussion with you, if you would contact me via e-mail at [email protected].

Thanks!
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
:feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:17:00 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:07 PM »
Brainwashing??? That's bullshit!!! Straight isn't brainwashing......anyway, the druggies' brains admitted to the program via our stringent intake process are almost always in need of a good washing!! Marijuana is a gateway drug! Pre-marital sex is a no-no!! A druggie needs the group like a fish needs water!! For YEARS now Straight has bravely fought the war on drugs in the name of saving kids from JAIL, INSANITY & DEATH!!!!!!!!!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 11:11:13 AM »
Waiting for funding? They received over $600,000 so far and they don't make any rent payments since the old tenant donated them till May of '09. I'd assume that drywall sold in Indiana has been priced out of range now, but I just so happened to catch the price tag at Home Depot and that job could be done for a small 5 figure, and that includes the white paint and tile floor. This could explain why it looks like they are going to be closing soon, yep, BOLO for PFC shut down. They got all that money 2 years ago... and now they claim to not have the $$$$? Holy shit!  :deal:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
Quote from: "Moneybags"
Waiting for funding? They received over $600,000 so far and they don't make any rent payments since the old tenant donated them till May of '09. I'd assume that drywall sold in Indiana has been priced out of range now, but I just so happened to catch the price tag at Home Depot and that job could be done for a small 5 figure, and that includes the white paint and tile floor. This could explain why it looks like they are going to be closing soon, yep, BOLO for PFC shut down. They got all that money 2 years ago... and now they claim to not have the $$$$? Holy shit!  :deal:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:15:11 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »
Well, I firmly believe there's more to it than just "organizing". I mean, come on...  :roflmao:  sorry, but I have to laugh or else explode with rage. Um, where was I... ok. um, you see, back in 2006, around August or so, PFC hooked up with the BOGUS Porter Co CADC and started looking to the Porter Co. taxpayers for $200,000 in CEDIT funds. After nearly a year of finagling this and that through the board meetings, council meetings, blah blah blah, well, magically, $200,000 appeared for PFC to open their little teeny office in Chesterton. Earlier in 2007 though, a woman by the name of Robyn Monaghan blew the lid off of PFC and their STRAIGHT modality. Ever since then, PFC has been playing catch-up. Then... ahem,  :roflmao: along came a concerted effort by former staff/clients of Kids Helping Kids (which had been acquired by PFC in 2006 there in Ohio) to protest the shit out that place. Well, after the equivalent of about 30 days of consecutive open meetings worth of protests, wouldn't you know it, PFC in Ohio moved the kids to Indy and surrendered their license.

Now, before getting off subject too far, um, the Porter place has been under fire CONSTANTLY by any given number of folks who see what is really happening to kids when they go there, staff has been changed, a BIG complaint was filed with DMHS in Indiana, um, all sorts of things have been going on. Oh, and there's a rumor floating around that the IRS may be involved now,  :roflmao:

So it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't be able to treat kids there yet, but they already told DMHS that' they were going to start that a couple months ago. I know this cuz that was part of that massive complaint. Hmmm, interesting. Well, maybe someone else behind the scenes could enlighten this discussion on that issue.

Now, there was a dad floatin around here who was all gung ho against PFC, but he has yet to file anything formal. It would be good if he did though... the sooner the better. Better yet, the Sheriff up there in Porter County appears to be getting cold feet too,  :roflmao:  If you see his pic disappear from the PFC website... um, well, whatever..........

Ok, time to check the bank account again. They've got plenty of $$$ to remodel. Maybe the "support" that they claimed they has since dried up???

Do you have a current list of doctors/nurses? and How much was that treatment fee supposed to be?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 10:30:29 PM »
Well, I firmly believe there's more to it than just "organizing". I mean, come on...  :roflmao:  sorry, but I have to laugh or else explode with rage. Um, where was I... ok. um, you see, back in 2006, around August or so, PFC hooked up with the BOGUS Porter Co CADC and started looking to the Porter Co. taxpayers for $200,000 in CEDIT funds. After nearly a year of finagling this and that through the board meetings, council meetings, blah blah blah, well, magically, $200,000 appeared for PFC to open their little teeny office in Chesterton. Earlier in 2007 though, a woman by the name of Robyn Monaghan blew the lid off of PFC and their STRAIGHT modality. Ever since then, PFC has been playing catch-up. Then... ahem,  :roflmao: along came a concerted effort by former staff/clients of Kids Helping Kids (which had been acquired by PFC in 2006 there in Ohio) to protest the shit out that place. Well, after the equivalent of about 30 days of consecutive open meetings worth of protests, wouldn't you know it, PFC in Ohio moved the kids to Indy and surrendered their license.

Now, before getting off subject too far, um, the Porter place has been under fire CONSTANTLY by any given number of folks who see what is really happening to kids when they go there, staff has been changed, a BIG complaint was filed with DMHS in Indiana, um, all sorts of things have been going on. Oh, and there's a rumor floating around that the IRS may be involved now,  :roflmao:

So it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't be able to treat kids there yet, but they already told DMHS that' they were going to start that a couple months ago. I know this cuz that was part of that massive complaint. Hmmm, interesting. Well, maybe someone else behind the scenes could enlighten this discussion on that issue.

Now, there was a dad floatin around here who was all gung ho against PFC, but he has yet to file anything formal. It would be good if he did though... the sooner the better. Better yet, the Sheriff up there in Porter County appears to be getting cold feet too,  :roflmao:  If you see his pic disappear from the PFC website... um, well, whatever..........

Ok, time to check the bank account again. They've got plenty of $$$ to remodel. Maybe the "support" that they claimed they has since dried up???

Do you have a current list of doctors/nurses? and How much was that treatment fee supposed to be?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:15:57 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »
DMHA stands for the Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction.

The Sheriff of Porter County wants to hear from people too.

the program people watch this board all the time, even more than the survivors...

Send an email to [email protected] asap for comprehensive information regarding complaints and other pertinent details.

Scholarships? That's odd since, on the 990's they provide to the IRS, they have claimed NO scholarships awarded to anyone over the last several years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »
DMHA stands for the Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction.

The Sheriff of Porter County wants to hear from people too.

the program people watch this board all the time, even more than the survivors...

Send an email to [email protected] asap for comprehensive information regarding complaints and other pertinent details.

Scholarships? That's odd since, on the 990's they provide to the IRS, they have claimed NO scholarships awarded to anyone over the last several years.

Thanks Moneybags.  :cheers: