Author Topic: this place is dead  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: this place is dead
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 01:17:41 AM »
What does hit and run mean? Like i get drunk, mow dow this forum, and drive off? Sorry about that guys Call my insurer. we'll work it out. You know,sometimes, people have good cause to post anon. You also don't know if I have an account, but am posting as guest now. I'm just making convo. This place has emptied out of recent. You and femanon are recent arrivals, so you may not know how busy this place used to be...it's a shame.

Yah that is true. Used to be some great posters. Some of your original points on why they aren't here though don't go far enough. You are right that alot of the immaturity didn't help.

Relax though.. I've found a mormon forum to harass.

I do remember though the forum taking a huge hit in numbers after the whole George Miller thing fell apart. That was sad on so many levels. Alot of good people went way out on a limb to get the GAO information and to find out their contributions were being dumped in the name of expediency. Very sad..
 meh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »
Quote from: "firstresponder"
i am also on tbfight.com and that is dead. no new post other than spam in the last few months. it used to be going strong and than nothing. same with antiwwasp. this is the most active one i have seen in awhile. and if this is dead i cant wait to see what its like.

hit and run, when you post and than never come back. we had a lot of those on antiwwasp for a while.

im still getting used to this site so grill me if i screw up. thats how i learn.

it's the gues feature that keeps this place going so strong. The anonymity frees you up to open up and post a lot. If people want to make a forum active, enabling guest posting will go a long way. I'll start posting on TB and Anti, if that helps, though I tend to be very scared and will have to figure out how to do that safely. So, here comes the coward to help you :)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 01:22:44 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
at least we registered for the site. instead of hit and run. why so shy? and che, ya well we all know a retard and well che is our retard and we like him. we dont discriminate at all here.

merry christmas to all.

What does hit and run mean? Like i get drunk,  mow dow this forum, and drive off? Sorry about that guys Call my insurer. we'll work it out. You know,sometimes, people have good cause to post anon. You also don't know if I have an account, but am posting as guest now. I'm just making convo. This place has emptied out of recent. You and femanon are recent arrivals, so you may not know how busy this place used to be...it's a shame.

As Antigen (who has been around here for a lot longer than I) has told me, this forum and the anti-program cause has had slow times before.  It always recovers and this time will be no exception.  I blame loss of hope for this most recent slow period.  A lot of people were hoping the GAO thing would spark widespread interest or otherwise get something done.  It didn't.  Am I surprised?  Nope.  As soon as I learned the whole thing was definitely going to be a political song and dance (which didn't particularly surprise me) I knew nothing was going to get done.  I could place blame for that, but at this point it would just be counterproductive.  Let's focus on "build it and they will come".

My opinion is if things are going to change, we're going to have to do it ourselves.  Don't expect the govt to do it for you.  The internet has been the downfall of many a program.  Let's used what has worked and keep fighting.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 01:23:23 AM »
na fear is a good thing sometimes. when i first started to post i was scared to death. i have PTSD thanks to those hell holes and know what you are talking about. time helps the pain to ease but never goes away. fear can motivate or demotivate one. it is how it is used.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 01:26:43 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Guest"
at least we registered for the site. instead of hit and run. why so shy? and che, ya well we all know a retard and well che is our retard and we like him. we dont discriminate at all here.

merry christmas to all.

What does hit and run mean? Like i get drunk,  mow dow this forum, and drive off? Sorry about that guys Call my insurer. we'll work it out. You know,sometimes, people have good cause to post anon. You also don't know if I have an account, but am posting as guest now. I'm just making convo. This place has emptied out of recent. You and femanon are recent arrivals, so you may not know how busy this place used to be...it's a shame.

As Antigen has told me, this forum and the anti-program cause has had slow times before.  It always recovers and this time will be no exception.  I blame loss of hope for this most recent slow period.  A lot of people were hoping the GAO thing would spark widespread interest or otherwise get something done.  It didn't.  Am I surprised?  Nope.  As soon as I learned the whole thing was definitely going to be a political song and dance (which didn't particularly surprise me) I knew nothing was going to get done.  I could place blame for that, but at this point it would just be counterproductive.  Let's focus on "build it and they will come".

My opinion is if things are going to change, we're going to have to do it ourselves.  Don't expect the govt to do it for you.  The internet has been the downfall of many a program.  Let's used what has worked and keep fighting.

agree that if you build it they will come. all sites go through slow times mostly summer and near christmas. in the summer people are out and about in the winter people travel and dont have a lot of time to post.

i also think that with jobs harder and harder to find people are cutting costs and one of the first things that people cut is the internet. every needs money and if you cant afford it than you get rid of it.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 01:49:26 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I do remember though the forum taking a huge hit in numbers after the whole George Miller thing fell apart. That was sad on so many levels. Alot of good people went way out on a limb to get the GAO information and to find out their contributions were being dumped in the name of expediency. Very sad..
 meh.

There were a LOT of good threads and posts on fornits during the GAO hearings debating all the relevant issues, and we lost them all during that DB wipeout earlier this year. I can tell you from personal experience/perspective that that loss quite possibly may have cost us some posters as well.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 01:59:28 AM »
Yep.. those as well. I remember some of those threads. The ones that weren't Whooter spam fests were quite good.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 02:49:32 PM »
Can I be retarded too? Just for a few days?

:rasta:
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
Considering how much time I spend devoting myself to the many forums I frequent, I would understand how that could be economically unwise. I'm lucky that I work freelance from home, well not so lucky considering how slow it is in the winter months but otherwise I would probably need to be working 2 full time jobs to support myself and my moochy boyfriend. At this point I can get away with one part time job and the freelance usually provides the rest.

We are living in desperate times, and unless you live at home or are in someway blessed with unconditional cash flow, sometimes things like posting on forums are pushed to the back burner. I think once the holidays are over people will log back in, its only us interweb addicts that would prefer the cold comfort of Fornits over spending time with our families. Then again yall dont know my family and I assure you most of you would prefer a colonic over spending time with them.

Anonymity has its perks, however there is a difference between posting anonymously and trolling. Often people come here just to stir shit up... and I wont say that I don't get a kick out of it, but I think that a lot of people would not feel comfortable subjecting themselves to a potentially harsh e-vironment. For Instance I have been getting in contact with a few Darrington Survivors, and they have expressed interest getting involved with our movement, however I really don't know where I should send them to "get involved". Fornits is too harsh, TTI is too dead, TBfight is too specific, ISAC is too hard to navigate, Cafety's sites kinda messed up, and the list goes on.

How does everyone feel about building the TTI Forum as a specific survivor support community. That way as I'm doing the networking on myspace I can have a place to send new people where they will feel comfortable and important that they are helping create the group from the beginning. Would it be agreeable to have some freedom to possibly change the name of the forum, create specific sub forums and do some design work? I am also in favor of keeping anonymity but I would prefer that our mods keep an eye out for trolls and take specific steps to keep the environment welcoming for new guests.

Please Discuss...
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »
It's different this time because the Houston Police are involved.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
I believe that Fornits has a mission, but in order to remain a tool against the BM industry, changes have to be made.

I think that the answer is to lock the sub-forums targeted against specific programs, so only registered users can post there. Thread after thread is lost in bashing.

Next we all want to close down the BM industry. However we dont agree of the strategy. Can we at least agree on the fact that we disagree and go back and work instead?

Psy: While I respect you I see things different than you. I wont go into details but I wouldn't have used haft the time on Sue Scheff that You do. Of course she is not harmless, but a single page about her would have done the job. I warned you and Antigen repeatedly about how vulnerable the hosting situation would be and we lost a huge part of 2007 and 2008 to various movings and dataloss. Time where we could have been in the offensive. I know that I lost a lot of info inserted on the wiki and that's there are three copies online today. As some know I work in the IT-business and backup is the main issue. Today Fornits is one of main boards we are on and if the vandalism of threads can be minimized it would continue so.

Kev: I would appeal to you to to redraw to anti-wwasp. You are doing a very fine job over there. Jens is so happy with communication. I wish that you can come to a somewhat agreement with the tbfight.com owner, so someone can help keeping it free from spam. I don't believe in consolidating. There should be room for both websites. I havn't been around apall.org but my google-alerts keep finding info from it regardless of the fact that it is password protected. On the other hand keep in mind that it is better to maintain a few websites which we can afford keeping in the air instead of a lot of websites, which is periodically down to a tight economical situation. While you are at it please put  FemanonFatal2.0 rep. power up again as an act of good will. We are not back at the school. We dont need to dump peoples levels just because they are critical at the system. It didn't help people being dumped back then. It certainly don't anyone now.

FemanonFatal2.0: I have reached out to you before and that offer still stand. But don't waste your time anyone parenting strategies regardless of the fact that little chick needs to grow its wings and fly. I disagree with Pam's strategy while I 100% understand the motivation because I see it in my house every week where I can tell my wife that her illness doesn't make her a bad parent and that she don't need to compensate the kids with gifts. I also think that the parents strategy of your mom was wrong when she denied you the possibility for a loan when she knew that the only reason you was pulled was because they didn't have a clue about medication when your grandmother called them (as stated in one of your previous posts and on cafety.youthrights.org wiki). While I have never asked anything of my mom after I left my childhood home in good standing, I know that she would have given me anything if I asked for it. I have put Klaus on your board so we can help kicking it up in gear.

We are also working with Fican. Unfortunately the message board works with another syntax making it difficult for us to send textfiles with posts to our contact so it could be posted without a lot of reformatting. We will engage in a dialogue to solve that problem.

I cannot tell you how tired I am of all these fights between the boards and it would not improve my motivation to return from my sickleave and return as an active poster.

But what are spft up to right now?

1) We are going to redesign our webpage. We have not a large amount of money for that. While our search engines are not exactly our but someone else working for an official domestic cause here in Denmark, we have to pay for our website with our own money. We would never ask for any so this is not begging.

2) The Wiki would be expanded with a new time consuming category. We would like others list the teens who have died in programs, but we will also list the names of teens who have lost their lives 1-3 years out of the program. Our research indicate that the mortality rate is higher among survivors than among ordinary youths in their teens. Beside all the paid surveys from the BM industry, parents should be informed that programs also carries the risk of loosing their son or daughter even when they take on the mask of the Stepford child and graduate the program.

Conclusion:

We believe in a future of Fornits and the other boards. Without Fornits the fight against the BM industry would be put 5 years back. We only need to remove some of the vandalism which have cost us a lot of posters in the past, who have done so much for the cause. Maybe the answer is to contact them and introduce them to one of the other message boards where the tone and language are more polite.

Anyhow this was the word from Spft. My neck is beginning to hurt again and I have to lie down.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »
Regarding the Darrington survivors. Maybe Fican could be the answer. The only thing is the present html syntax. Maybe I could talk with Kathy about that. Her new webpage is good, but the old forum was better.

Please email me. It is 23:29 here in Denmark so I would be in bed before long, so I can answer in 6 hours (I cannot sleep longer because then my neck starts to hurt and I am against medication when it comes to treatment of my neck injury.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
Covergaard.  Just FYI, the Apall project has changed names.  The site is now located at http://troubled-teen-industry.com/ (which I manage).  Kev quit the project due to "boredom".
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 02:27:46 AM »
Covergaard, Thank you for all your great advice.

Sometimes its hard to see what our little everyday battles do to our time consumption. Honestly tho, I am doing my part for the TTI project and what I do in my free time, that would be posting here and offering my advice to people is something I enjoy doing and I don't believe to be counter-productive.

However I agree that Kev should go back to antiwwasp, and stay there. The only one coming to Fornits to fight is him.

Often I think these boards get a bad name because of a few assholes, for the most part Fornits is doing what its supposed to do. I think spending time focusing on an issue helps develop our defenses as well as get to the truth about things. If Psy hadn't spent so much time on Sue-Sue it would not have become common knowledge that she is dealing dirty... it would have just been swept under the rug because at face value it seems that Sue is playing for our team, which would give us all a bad name if we choose to associate with her or run ads like Kev does. It wasn't until I talked to Psy that I even knew about Sue-Sue and her referring game.

I think what we all do here has a purpose. I think we can all disagree about how to go about bringing down the industry but I honestly believe that each of us doing our part in our own way makes a difference. I do enjoy working with people, but sometimes the constant disagreement can wear on you enough to be more successful going at it alone, or at least doing your part alone. There's a lot behind the scenes we are working on, and all it takes is perserverance and time. When you have so many strong willed people all dedicated to the same thing you are bound to run into a few harmless fights, but the important thing is we never take any of it too personally. I think we all keep in mind that we have a job to do and any drama on Fornits is just entertainment.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
I do enjoy working with people, but sometimes the constant disagreement can wear on you enough to be more successful going at it alone, or at least doing your part alone.
Powerful attitude, eh? We can help you with that...