General Interest > The Melting Pot

Photography thread

<< < (2/7) > >>

psy:
Horses on the beach in Brittany, France:

hurrikayne:
Damn, the panda looked a lil bit cranky.

Che Gookin:
He's actually in mid chew on a large piece of bamboo. The timing was dead on when I took the shot and it came out perfectly.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Che Gookin" ---Taken at the Shandong caves outside of Datong in China.

--- End quote ---
Good pic of a great work of art! I love how the rock stratas give the carving a certain psychedelic quality.

Che Gookin:
It is one of about 20 photos I took of the entire site. It is probably the only one that turned out half decently. Amazing site though.. I'm about imagine a six foot man standing at the base of it. There would still be 25 or so feet to the top of the Buddha's head. Some of the Buddha's inside the temples are just as amazing, but those pictures didn't turn out so well. However, from that Buddha in the picture an entire network of caves extends down the mountain at ground level with different Buddha statues and other small temples of worship.

Quite amazing.. and very unexpected.

I wouldn't put it on Par with Angkor Wat though. Psy ended up with those photos as we traded memory cards at the Benchmark protest for some reason that I can't remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version