Author Topic: Your Genuine Guaranteed Guide to Surviving a Program!  (Read 932 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Your Genuine Guaranteed Guide to Surviving a Program!
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:10:47 AM »
Found out you're getting sent to a program?

You might be asking yourself, what can I expect from this point forward? Don't be nervous, read through this guide and put your fears to rest. I am providing you free of charge all the information you need to survive in any most program open today. Ready to get started?

What is going to happen next?

The only reason you are on the internet now and reading this is because you were somehow tipped to your impending imprisonment. Perhaps your parents told you, thinking you were stupid enough to believe them about how fun it will be. You might sense an underlying satisfaction that only revenge can bring emanating from your parents recently. You know something isn't right, something big is about to go down. You are right. Something big is about to go down. You are probably about to be kidnapped from your room one night.

It's decision time. Do you want to run-away and take your chances on the street? You have that option, and depending on where you're being sent it might be the way to go. These are a few important questions that you should be asking yourself. This is just a small sample, you know yourself best and must trust your instincts.

• How old are you?
    It's hard to get a job and place of your own until you are 18, and because of lawsuits and minor laws most adults are generally weary of interacting in any way with a minor. This works to your disadvantage the younger you are. If you look older than you are that's great, but most kids look like kids. The younger you are, the harder it's going to be. If you are older, have a car and some money, you might just scrape by without incident.
  • Do you trust your parents?
    Did they tell you that if you don't like it, they will pick you up? Don't believe this for a second. Once you're in, you're in. There is little to nothing you can do to get out. Escape, and the police will drag you back in handcuffs. There literally is sometimes no escape. Remember that before trusting anyone, including your parents.
  • How bad of a program are you going to?
    Do some research. Maybe you'd rather be in a program than on the streets. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Trust your instincts, you know yourself best.
  • What will happen next?

One night you will be woken up and told to get in a car and you will be driven to a program. Or maybe one day your parents will tell you to get in the car and will drive you there. Or maybe your parents already talked to you about the program and you know you're going, and they are going to drive you. One way or another, if your parents will it, you will be put in a program. Assuming of course, you already didn't run away.

When you first arrive in the program

First things first. Don't ever, and I mean ever, trust anyone inside of a program. It is truly an every man for himself situation. The staff aren't going to help you. The other kids aren't going to help you. Your parents or family is not going to help you. Get used to it, you're going to be on your own for a while. The quicker you get this through your head the better. The sooner you trust someone, or depend on them for emotional support, the easier and faster they will manipulate you. The program doesn't love you, or care about you. It only wants to use you. Don't ever forget that.

In the beginning

Do what you can to learn the situation
Try not to stand out in any extraordinary way

You must start deciding what your game plan is going to be. The sooner the better, because then you can fall into your role. There are several roles that are options that you can choose. These are a sample of them.

• The I-Love-The-Program-kid: You love the program. You wished you could of been sent sooner. You were a troubled kid outside the program, model kid inside the program. You thrived. You are a flower that blossomed with the help of the program. You want to know how to progress, but not too quickly because you don't want to leave.Advantages: Extra freedom and privileges, short stay. Disadvantages: peer hatred, being a sellout
  • The Fuck-The-Program-kid: Fuck the program. I ain't doing shit. Do what you want to me, but I won't swallow your bull. I hate my parents and they're assholes for sending me. I'll never do what you tell me. Fuck all of you. Advantages: keeping it real Disadvantages: physical and psychological punishment and consistent attempts at breaking, psychological isolation, less privileges and freedom
  • The I'll-Do-What-I-Need-To-Do-Program-kid: You do okay, but not too well. Your peers trust you and staff is satisfied that you don't cause trouble. You don't progress very fast or get perks, but you also stay out of the psychological dungeon of being completely against the process. Sometimes you even wonder if the program might be helping you. Other times you hate it.  Advantages: Relative anonymity and less negative attention, relatively moderate privileges Disadvantages: getting lost in the system, long time to finish, compromise personal values to progress during pivotal loyalty tests
  • The-Suck-up-kid: You miss your mommy and daddy and need attention and love and naturally seek the only parent like figure around you which are staff. You give them hugs and tell them you love them. Sometimes you call staff mom or dad. Advantages: privileges, trust and relatively more freedoms Disadvantages: complete loss of peer and self respect

So there you go, that should help get your brain juices flowing. What type of program kid do you want to be? Soon you will have to choose, mine as well start preparing mentally. The program is a game, and you are one of many players. There are rules. There are winners and losers. You know yourself best and what type of person you are. If you don't prepare, it won't be an act, you will just fall into a role not of your choosing and one you might not agree with.

How can I convince my parent to take me out?

Good luck with that. If your parents even bother to read your correspondence or emails, they will not believe what you tell them. But who knows, maybe they will. You mine as well try. But I have to warn you, many of program kid have tried and very few have succeeded. These are a few ideas that have been tried and might help you get an idea of what works and doesn't work.
  • The I have found Jesus plea. You tell your parents you found Jesus in a moment of clarity and want to live a life devoted to Christ if only they would release you so you can spread the gospel.
  • The I promise I'll be better plea. You promise you will be the best kid ever and are sorry for whatever you have done. You beg and plead they bring you home and write I promise in all caps 10 times on the bag side of the page in a desperate attempt to convey through written word your seriousness.
  • The you have no idea what it's really like plea. You tell them that the program they thought they knew of is nothing like the reality. This isn't therapy it's brainwashing you tell them. Kids are abused. You hear screams at night. You are used to the site of abuse and blood. You are changing.
  • The I'm going to kill myself plea. If you don't pull me out I'm going to kill myself. Hey, it's ballsy. It might even work, but you might get pulled from the program and put in a psych hospital, so it's risky.
  • The I was abused plea. When I dropped my plate of food they tackled me and pushed my face into the food. Please take me home they are cruel and physically abusive. You'd think that would get their attention right? Wrong.

These are some of the common topics discussed in correspondence to the parents involved in the incarceration. I want to tell you though, sometimes it does work. Sometimes parents finally realize their kid isn't full of shit, and might actually be telling them the truth. Most dismiss it as outlandish lies, manipulation and ignore it. You have time though, so mine as well try. You just might hit the lottery, who knows.

Ok. Now what?

So your life has taken a downward turn. You are in a program. What can you do to make it easier until you get out? Please, don't ever forget, you will get out. It might not seem like it, but you will. Eventually the memories will seem distant and you can move on. It's not the end of the world and you should not lose all hope.

First of all. Don't assume anyone is going to help you. Create an emotional facade and reveal nothing that can be used against you. Were you abused as a child? Don't tell them. Have a shameful secret? Most definitely do not tell them. You see where I'm going with this. Don't give them the ammunition to use in your very own emotional assassination. Give them false information. Create a fake story and stick with it. That way you can keep the upper hand, and at least keep the program from seeping into your inner core. Once the program has penetrated your inner core, it will be hard to remove it.

Become a good actor. It's hard to explain, but you'll soon learn what I mean. It's going to be hard to fake it all the way. I don't even know if it's possible.

Thinking about how to give advice really has made me realize there is not safe, one size fits all type of advice that can help someone get through a program. I can tell you to try and put on an act, form a thick emotional barrier and let your real self, your soul, hunker down way down deep where it cannot be penetrated by the cult. But.. it's hard. Time takes it toll. Months upon months is a long time a cult can use to grind you down. We all put on an act to a certain degree in life. We want people to perceive us in a particular way. But to do this all day long, twenty fours hours a day with spotters watching you non stop can be tiring. You might give up. Don't be ashamed of this either. Try your best, but we are all human and these people are pros at breaking people down.

I really can't think of a way to advise someone to avoid ... some kind of emotional damage ... some compromise.. Your parents will pay for the program with cash, you will pay for it with a piece of your soul. That is what the program wants. It wants to peer deep into you, the you that has been untouched and should of remained so forever, and fuck around in there. They want to rattle you, and dismantle your mind so that you no longer feel safe relying on it. That is some heavy shit right there. I have to be honest and tell you, I don't know how to advise you to prepare for this kind of emotional onslaught from such an organized and driven group of individuals.

So am I fucked?

Not necessarily. Some programs are worse than others. Some staff are worse than others. You might make it through it fine and never think about it again. You might end up being a complete sell-out and making it your career. You might receive a deep emotional wound that will never completely heal. Nobody knows or can predict the future. Hope for the best, and do what you can to learn more about the place you are going is all I can advise.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are these programs full of crazy and violent drug addicted kids?
    No. Don't be worried about that. Most of the kids in programs are just normal teens with normal issues, and over reactive parents. They are just like you, caught up in a situation beyond their control. Of course there will always be a few crazies mixed in, but that makes it all the more fun trying to figure out who they are.
  • Is the staff going to rape and murder me?
    It is possible, you never know. You got to wonder about anyone who works in a program willingly, I can't really see the appeal of it. But to be honest, most aren't sadistic abusers. Be warned though, some are. You will quickly learn who these sadists are and avoid them at all costs. Learn who the "somewhat normal" staff people are, and go to them if you need to interact with staff at all.
  • Can my parents keep me locked up as long as they want?
    Yes. Until you are 18. Even 21 in certain circumstances. Sucks, doesn't it? ... and you thought you lived in the land of the brave, home of the free.. Ha!
  • Do my parents expect me to be a different kid when I come home?
    I guess. I have no idea what these parents expect from programs. They always seemed kind of looney if you ask me.
  • Can I get fucked up in the program?
    Yes. Kids are prescribed all kinds of medication these days. Learn who takes the good stuff and trade for it. Grind it up and snort it if you are nostalgic for home.
  • I'm embarrassed to be naked in front of other kids, what will I do?
    Well since the will probably do a strip search on arrival, you're kind of shit out of luck there. Soon you will just get used to people wanting to look at you naked. Shame, it's over rated anyways.
  • Is it really a punishable offense to be caught masturbating?
    Well don't you have a sick mind for asking such a perverted question. Well since you asked, the answer is yes. Get caught and you will face a stiff punishment.
  • What's the worst thing I'm going to see in the program?
    You'll see all sorts of interesting things. Kids getting slammed to the ground on a regular basis. But what will probably stay with you is the sounds. The screams of desperation and agony during adrenaline fueled restraints. You know, that sort of thing.
  • If I act really crazy, will they transfer me to a psych hospital?
    They might. But since they deal with this tactic, it's going to take something really shocking to convince them you are really crazy.

What now?

Now you go home. Congratulations, you lived through it. You are going to be tired, but this isn't the end of it. Your parents are going to expect you to be a trained dog. Some programs have a guarantee if you don't live up to their deluded expectations they can send you back for free. Once they send you to a program, trust is forever an issue. Your program parent's home is now an extension of the program, if your parents are believers in it. It is up to you to figure out how much your parents bought into the program. If you are at risk of being sent back, keep up the act the best you can. When you turn 18 you will finally attain freedom.

I'm 18 now, should I still be nervous?

No. It takes a court order to lock you up now, and that involves the state so it's not up to your parents alone any more. You can finally breathe easy you are no longer at risk of being sent back to the program. This would be a good time to tell your parents how you feel about the program. Who knows, they might even believe you.

You're probably angry at this point. Confused at how such a ridiculous thing can happen inside a country that claims to be free. Well consider yourself the beneficiary of a hard earned lesson in human nature and hypocrisy. You were just fucked over by your family, your country, your society and your peers in the program. You were fucked, top to bottom in every possible way, and then spit out like rotten meat. In the end, you were just another lucrative source of profit for some industry big wig, another notch in the program idealist's belts, and the modest paycheck to keep "Eagle Bear", the staffer in his apartment warm and cozy and beaming with pride of "helping kids".

The more you learn about how pointless it all was, the more depressing the reality becomes. You will find nobody understands, cares or wants to learn more about it. You are damaged goods. Tainted by evil. So you sign onto the internet in search of what to do and find a forum called fornits and read and discuss and vent, and try to figure out what the hell happened to you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Your Genuine Guaranteed Guide to Surviving a Program!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:38:27 AM »
Quote from: "Full Circle"
Found out you're getting sent to a program?

You might be asking yourself, what can I expect from this point forward? Don't be nervous, read through this guide and put your fears to rest. I am providing you free of charge all the information you need to survive in any most program open today. Ready to get started?

What is going to happen next?

The only reason you are on the internet now and reading this is because you were somehow tipped to your impending imprisonment. Perhaps your parents told you, thinking you were stupid enough to believe them about how fun it will be. You might sense an underlying satisfaction that only revenge can bring emanating from your parents recently. You know something isn't right, something big is about to go down. You are right. Something big is about to go down. You are probably about to be kidnapped from your room one night.

It's decision time. Do you want to run-away and take your chances on the street? You have that option, and depending on where you're being sent it might be the way to go. These are a few important questions that you should be asking yourself. This is just a small sample, you know yourself best and must trust your instincts.

• How old are you?
    It's hard to get a job and place of your own until you are 18, and because of lawsuits and minor laws most adults are generally weary of interacting in any way with a minor. This works to your disadvantage the younger you are. If you look older than you are that's great, but most kids look like kids. The younger you are, the harder it's going to be. If you are older, have a car and some money, you might just scrape by without incident.
  • Do you trust your parents?
    Did they tell you that if you don't like it, they will pick you up? Don't believe this for a second. Once you're in, you're in. There is little to nothing you can do to get out. Escape, and the police will drag you back in handcuffs. There literally is sometimes no escape. Remember that before trusting anyone, including your parents.
  • How bad of a program are you going to?
    Do some research. Maybe you'd rather be in a program than on the streets. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Trust your instincts, you know yourself best.
  • What will happen next?

One night you will be woken up and told to get in a car and you will be driven to a program. Or maybe one day your parents will tell you to get in the car and will drive you there. Or maybe your parents already talked to you about the program and you know you're going, and they are going to drive you. One way or another, if your parents will it, you will be put in a program. Assuming of course, you already didn't run away.

When you first arrive in the program

First things first. Don't ever, and I mean ever, trust anyone inside of a program. It is truly an every man for himself situation. The staff aren't going to help you. The other kids aren't going to help you. Your parents or family is not going to help you. Get used to it, you're going to be on your own for a while. The quicker you get this through your head the better. The sooner you trust someone, or depend on them for emotional support, the easier and faster they will manipulate you. The program doesn't love you, or care about you. It only wants to use you. Don't ever forget that.

In the beginning

Do what you can to learn the situation
Try not to stand out in any extraordinary way

You must start deciding what your game plan is going to be. The sooner the better, because then you can fall into your role. There are several roles that are options that you can choose. These are a sample of them.

• The I-Love-The-Program-kid: You love the program. You wished you could of been sent sooner. You were a troubled kid outside the program, model kid inside the program. You thrived. You are a flower that blossomed with the help of the program. You want to know how to progress, but not too quickly because you don't want to leave.Advantages: Extra freedom and privileges, short stay. Disadvantages: peer hatred, being a sellout
  • The Fuck-The-Program-kid: Fuck the program. I ain't doing shit. Do what you want to me, but I won't swallow your bull. I hate my parents and they're assholes for sending me. I'll never do what you tell me. Fuck all of you. Advantages: keeping it real Disadvantages: physical and psychological punishment and consistent attempts at breaking, psychological isolation, less privileges and freedom
  • The I'll-Do-What-I-Need-To-Do-Program-kid: You do okay, but not too well. Your peers trust you and staff is satisfied that you don't cause trouble. You don't progress very fast or get perks, but you also stay out of the psychological dungeon of being completely against the process. Sometimes you even wonder if the program might be helping you. Other times you hate it.  Advantages: Relative anonymity and less negative attention, relatively moderate privileges Disadvantages: getting lost in the system, long time to finish, compromise personal values to progress during pivotal loyalty tests
  • The-Suck-up-kid: You miss your mommy and daddy and need attention and love and naturally seek the only parent like figure around you which are staff. You give them hugs and tell them you love them. Sometimes you call staff mom or dad. Advantages: privileges, trust and relatively more freedoms Disadvantages: complete loss of peer and self respect

So there you go, that should help get your brain juices flowing. What type of program kid do you want to be? Soon you will have to choose, mine as well start preparing mentally. The program is a game, and you are one of many players. There are rules. There are winners and losers. You know yourself best and what type of person you are. If you don't prepare, it won't be an act, you will just fall into a role not of your choosing and one you might not agree with.

How can I convince my parent to take me out?

Good luck with that. If your parents even bother to read your correspondence or emails, they will not believe what you tell them. But who knows, maybe they will. You mine as well try. But I have to warn you, many of program kid have tried and very few have succeeded. These are a few ideas that have been tried and might help you get an idea of what works and doesn't work.
  • The I have found Jesus plea. You tell your parents you found Jesus in a moment of clarity and want to live a life devoted to Christ if only they would release you so you can spread the gospel.
  • The I promise I'll be better plea. You promise you will be the best kid ever and are sorry for whatever you have done. You beg and plead they bring you home and write I promise in all caps 10 times on the bag side of the page in a desperate attempt to convey through written word your seriousness.
  • The you have no idea what it's really like plea. You tell them that the program they thought they knew of is nothing like the reality. This isn't therapy it's brainwashing you tell them. Kids are abused. You hear screams at night. You are used to the site of abuse and blood. You are changing.
  • The I'm going to kill myself plea. If you don't pull me out I'm going to kill myself. Hey, it's ballsy. It might even work, but you might get pulled from the program and put in a psych hospital, so it's risky.
  • The I was abused plea. When I dropped my plate of food they tackled me and pushed my face into the food. Please take me home they are cruel and physically abusive. You'd think that would get their attention right? Wrong.

These are some of the common topics discussed in correspondence to the parents involved in the incarceration. I want to tell you though, sometimes it does work. Sometimes parents finally realize their kid isn't full of shit, and might actually be telling them the truth. Most dismiss it as outlandish lies, manipulation and ignore it. You have time though, so mine as well try. You just might hit the lottery, who knows.

Ok. Now what?

So your life has taken a downward turn. You are in a program. What can you do to make it easier until you get out? Please, don't ever forget, you will get out. It might not seem like it, but you will. Eventually the memories will seem distant and you can move on. It's not the end of the world and you should not lose all hope.

First of all. Don't assume anyone is going to help you. Create an emotional facade and reveal nothing that can be used against you. Were you abused as a child? Don't tell them. Have a shameful secret? Most definitely do not tell them. You see where I'm going with this. Don't give them the ammunition to use in your very own emotional assassination. Give them false information. Create a fake story and stick with it. That way you can keep the upper hand, and at least keep the program from seeping into your inner core. Once the program has penetrated your inner core, it will be hard to remove it.

Become a good actor. It's hard to explain, but you'll soon learn what I mean. It's going to be hard to fake it all the way. I don't even know if it's possible.

Thinking about how to give advice really has made me realize there is not safe, one size fits all type of advice that can help someone get through a program. I can tell you to try and put on an act, form a thick emotional barrier and let your real self, your soul, hunker down way down deep where it cannot be penetrated by the cult. But.. it's hard. Time takes it toll. Months upon months is a long time a cult can use to grind you down. We all put on an act to a certain degree in life. We want people to perceive us in a particular way. But to do this all day long, twenty fours hours a day with spotters watching you non stop can be tiring. You might give up. Don't be ashamed of this either. Try your best, but we are all human and these people are pros at breaking people down.

I really can't think of a way to advise someone to avoid ... some kind of emotional damage ... some compromise.. Your parents will pay for the program with cash, you will pay for it with a piece of your soul. That is what the program wants. It wants to peer deep into you, the you that has been untouched and should of remained so forever, and fuck around in there. They want to rattle you, and dismantle your mind so that you no longer feel safe relying on it. That is some heavy shit right there. I have to be honest and tell you, I don't know how to advise you to prepare for this kind of emotional onslaught from such an organized and driven group of individuals.

So am I fucked?

Not necessarily. Some programs are worse than others. Some staff are worse than others. You might make it through it fine and never think about it again. You might end up being a complete sell-out and making it your career. You might receive a deep emotional wound that will never completely heal. Nobody knows or can predict the future. Hope for the best, and do what you can to learn more about the place you are going is all I can advise.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are these programs full of crazy and violent drug addicted kids?
    No. Don't be worried about that. Most of the kids in programs are just normal teens with normal issues, and over reactive parents. They are just like you, caught up in a situation beyond their control. Of course there will always be a few crazies mixed in, but that makes it all the more fun trying to figure out who they are.
  • Is the staff going to rape and murder me?
    It is possible, you never know. You got to wonder about anyone who works in a program willingly, I can't really see the appeal of it. But to be honest, most aren't sadistic abusers. Be warned though, some are. You will quickly learn who these sadists are and avoid them at all costs. Learn who the "somewhat normal" staff people are, and go to them if you need to interact with staff at all.
  • Can my parents keep me locked up as long as they want?
    Yes. Until you are 18. Even 21 in certain circumstances. Sucks, doesn't it? ... and you thought you lived in the land of the brave, home of the free.. Ha!
  • Do my parents expect me to be a different kid when I come home?
    I guess. I have no idea what these parents expect from programs. They always seemed kind of looney if you ask me.
  • Can I get fucked up in the program?
    Yes. Kids are prescribed all kinds of medication these days. Learn who takes the good stuff and trade for it. Grind it up and snort it if you are nostalgic for home.
  • I'm embarrassed to be naked in front of other kids, what will I do?
    Well since the will probably do a strip search on arrival, you're kind of shit out of luck there. Soon you will just get used to people wanting to look at you naked. Shame, it's over rated anyways.
  • Is it really a punishable offense to be caught masturbating?
    Well don't you have a sick mind for asking such a perverted question. Well since you asked, the answer is yes. Get caught and you will face a stiff punishment.
  • What's the worst thing I'm going to see in the program?
    You'll see all sorts of interesting things. Kids getting slammed to the ground on a regular basis. But what will probably stay with you is the sounds. The screams of desperation and agony during adrenaline fueled restraints. You know, that sort of thing.
  • If I act really crazy, will they transfer me to a psych hospital?
    They might. But since they deal with this tactic, it's going to take something really shocking to convince them you are really crazy.

What now?

Now you go home. Congratulations, you lived through it. You are going to be tired, but this isn't the end of it. Your parents are going to expect you to be a trained dog. Some programs have a guarantee if you don't live up to their deluded expectations they can send you back for free. Once they send you to a program, trust is forever an issue. Your program parent's home is now an extension of the program, if your parents are believers in it. It is up to you to figure out how much your parents bought into the program. If you are at risk of being sent back, keep up the act the best you can. When you turn 18 you will finally attain freedom.

I'm 18 now, should I still be nervous?

No. It takes a court order to lock you up now, and that involves the state so it's not up to your parents alone any more. You can finally breathe easy you are no longer at risk of being sent back to the program. This would be a good time to tell your parents how you feel about the program. Who knows, they might even believe you.

You're probably angry at this point. Confused at how such a ridiculous thing can happen inside a country that claims to be free. Well consider yourself the beneficiary of a hard earned lesson in human nature and hypocrisy. You were just fucked over by your family, your country, your society and your peers in the program. You were fucked, top to bottom in every possible way, and then spit out like rotten meat. In the end, you were just another lucrative source of profit for some industry big wig, another notch in the program idealist's belts, and the modest paycheck to keep "Eagle Bear", the staffer in his apartment warm and cozy and beaming with pride of "helping kids".

The more you learn about how pointless it all was, the more depressing the reality becomes. You will find nobody understands, cares or wants to learn more about it. You are damaged goods. Tainted by evil. So you sign onto the internet in search of what to do and find a forum called fornits and read and discuss and vent, and try to figure out what the hell happened to you.

That's great. but in terms of the sorts of program kids..you need to add the kid who is unable to "blend in" even through extreem submission because they are kind of strange and meek and frightened. You know, the kid who is singled out by their peer leaders and staff for 24/7 torment and attack.
 :clown:

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »
Impressive piece.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
A few other game plans:

The mind-fuck kid: You know the program is messing with your mind, and you wont let it. you develop an alter-ego for the program. you pretend all you can. If front of the counselors you are as perfect as possible. but behind the scenes, you're the same kid you used to be. You learn how the program works and play along as much as you need too. This is the best of both worlds. if you're carefull, you'll still have the respect of your peers and your own dignity will stay intact while you wait out your time (or get pulled for being such a good kid)

The program made me worse kid: make your problems worse. act out ALOT. start fights. piss everyone off. maybe start hearing voices. This is a gamble. If you are successful at convincing your parents that the program made you worse, you may either A. get pulled and go home to some kinder therapy. B. get pulled and sent to a worse institution. lets hope for A.  The only issue is that programs expect this to a degree form all newcomers. you have to be especially bad to make this work.

The i'm too smart for this place kid: get straight A's in you classes like it's nothing. Read every book in the library. when you're done, tell your parents the program isnt challenging you enough and you want to consider going to a more challenging school so that you could get into harvard one day. People will respect you, and the program may even feel bad holding on to you. At the same time though, you gotta be either the love-the program or do-what-i-need-to-do kid. otherwise it wont work.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Quote from: "gusat123"
A few other game plans:

The mind-fuck kid: You know the program is messing with your mind, and you wont let it. you develop an alter-ego for the program. you pretend all you can. If front of the counselors you are as perfect as possible. but behind the scenes, you're the same kid you used to be. You learn how the program works and play along as much as you need too. This is the best of both worlds. if you're carefull, you'll still have the respect of your peers and your own dignity will stay intact while you wait out your time (or get pulled for being such a good kid)

I'm convinced this is how most people graduate anyway.

The program made me worse kid: make your problems worse. act out ALOT. start fights. piss everyone off. maybe start hearing voices. This is a gamble. If you are successful at convincing your parents that the program made you worse, you may either A. get pulled and go home to some kinder therapy. B. get pulled and sent to a worse institution. lets hope for A.  The only issue is that programs expect this to a degree form all newcomers. you have to be especially bad to make this work.

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh.... one thing to do is ask the obvious questions first..

A) What happens to the real screwball kids?
B) Will they punish me horribly?
C) Will they send me to Tranquility Bay?

Suss out the situation carefully first. You don't want to be sent somewhere worst.

You have to be particularly resilient to persuasion as well. They'll try to threaten you, bribe you, they'll get your parents to do it as well, and they'll use the other kids against you.

To make it work you have to be willing to resist all that pressure.

But.. i have seen it work.. so good luck.

The i'm too smart for this place kid: get straight A's in you classes like it's nothing. Read every book in the library. when you're done, tell your parents the program isnt challenging you enough and you want to consider going to a more challenging school so that you could get into harvard one day. People will respect you, and the program may even feel bad holding on to you. At the same time though, you gotta be either the love-the program or do-what-i-need-to-do kid. otherwise it wont work.

At some point the program will deny you a privilege or suspend your stage just to see what you'll do or to deliberately keep you in the program longer to make the program more money.

If you blow your nut at this point they'll be onto your game and they'll tell your parents your real problem is you think that you are better than everyone and the program is the best place possible for you at this time regardless of your academic excellence. I suggest being somewhat honest about your disappointment with the situation, but at the same time show that you are willing to do what it takes to resolve the situation.  If you blow your nut you'll just give the program grounds to convince the 'rents that you are scamming. Which actually you are.. but you sure don't want them to know that.

also.. another thing to consider:

Some programs will view your reading activities as attempting to isolate yourself from your peers. They'll restrict your access to books to encourage you to socialize.

It sounds fucked up and it is believe me. The one time someone suggested it for my group I immediately told all the kids they would be getting more reading time that night.

The key to all of these is to remember the following:

Everything is a test... EVERYTHING... If you blow your nut you flunked it.

The best way to deal with these tests ie. Stage suspensions, restrictions, and other bullshit is to ask questions. Not to many as that means you are questioning the program.. but enough to show that you are interested in working through the situation rather than flipping out and humping the side of your cabin (which I did see a kid do once).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »
Quote from: "gusat123"
A few other game plans:

I'm guessing that you guys went to a wwasp program or a less coercive program then I was in. Where I was there really were no "sorts" of kids. No one was "fuck the program." No one could pull all A's. there really were no "roles" you could effectively adopt. Everyone gave in quickly, everyone "enforced" rules, everyone became the same. The only thing that set people apart was how much they were targeted by their peers for denunciation.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »
Quote from: "Full Circle"
  • The I-Love-The-Program-kid: You love the program. You wished you could of been sent sooner. You were a troubled kid outside the program, model kid inside the program. You thrived. You are a flower that blossomed with the help of the program. You want to know how to progress, but not too quickly because you don't want to leave.Advantages: Extra freedom and privileges, short stay.

This is hardly guaranteed. In many programs, your stay is almost exclusively based on how much money your parents have left.  Sure, it might be safer to try and follow the program, but often the kids who do are just arbitrarily demoted once they do gain a "level".  If you notice this happening around you and your parents are loaded (or somebody else is footing the bill), it makes no real sense to follow the program.

One suggestion I would have to getting your parents to take you out: suggest they Google the program, go to ISACcorp, ask questions on forums about the school, etc.  Chances are the staff will cut you off before you have a chance to say all that, but if they do, it just might make your parents wonder what they're hiding.

Take every opportunity to explain to your parents that (if it's the case, as it almost always is) the program is not as advertised, they are being conned, and you are being hurt in the process.  Above all tell the truth.  Hey.  If my parents figured it out eventually, so can yours.  It might not work, but it's probably still your best shot of getting out before the program completely bankrupts your parents and you have no inheritance left, much less a college fund.

No parents, not even the sick fuck sadistic wackos, like being conned out of their money.  If your parents are of that variety and you see, for example, that the staff have little or not education or qualifications, or if the program is cutting other corners to make a huge profit at your parents expense, make sure to emphasize that over any abuse which they may or may not care at all about (or believe if they do).  Try to tell them stuff that can be externally verified and demand that they investigate (such as licensing, accreditation, and qualification issues).  They might not listen, but then again... as they ask the program questions, the staff become evasive (as they usually do), it might make them ask more questions and investigate more into what is going on behind the scenes.  Tell them if they just want you out of the house it's a lot cheaper to just send you to a normal boarding school.  The program will counter that you won't be able to make it there.  Remind your parents that they have a vested interest.  Ask them to research Multi-Level Marketing schemes and the troubled teen industry.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »
I don't know about other programs, but in the program I was in, none of these tactics would have worked, and could be seen right through by your group/family.  The "staff-affection" one would probably result in getting killed in feedback and maybe put on a process where staff communication was limited.

Also, I don't know who would benefit from this.  Few kids know that they are being sent to a program, (and if they do, they usually just jump out the door or assume the program is something else), and nobody can go on the internet while in a program (except maybe upper levels on pass, but by that point, they probably already have everything cornered).  Only people I could see at benefiting this is minor children who managed to get out and may be at risk at getting sent back (but even then, none of the advice given would have helped me at all)