Author Topic: Film on Aaron Bacon  (Read 11152 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Film on Aaron Bacon
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'm glad we have people like you around dictating to the rest of us what normal and not normal is. I'll definitely sleep better at night now.

sure. anyone else looking to take notes? Having your kid abducted and taken on some forced march with the further possibility of a rented prison because he's not completely obedient in everyway: NOT NORMAL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 11:31:10 PM »
And if you were using that argument on a person who had their kid killed in a program this year I'd agree with you. Given the paucity of information avaliable in 1994 the argument is not applicable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 11:34:30 PM »
fh
And if you were using that argument on a person who had their kid killed in a program this year I'd agree with you. Given the paucity of information avaliable in 1994 the argument is not applicable.

STOP TALKING ABOUT 1994 LIKE IT'S MARS. you don't need "information" to understand that you shouldn't abduct and imprison someone. You don'e need "information" to be abusive, crazy, unrealistic about your kids "problems" and have a reaction to it based in being an abusive, inadequate person.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 11:39:39 PM »
the landscape is the landscape

My friend, if you time travelled back to 1990 - you would find very few brazillian waxes and an abundance of bush.

the landscape is what the fucking landscape is

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 11:50:20 PM »
Quote from: "ja"
fh

STOP TALKING ABOUT 1994 LIKE IT'S MARS. you don't need "information" to understand that you shouldn't abduct and imprison someone. You don'e need "information" to be abusive, crazy, unrealistic about your kids "problems" and have a reaction to it based in being an abusive, inadequate person.

Loading the language are we?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »
Little Billy, your parents still love you. Just because they left you here doesn't mean they don't care about you. Buck up little fella, things will get better, you'll see! There will be brighter days ahead, and I'll be rooting for you the entire time. Go get 'em Billy, I know you can do it!

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 01:18:33 AM »
Heres my public apology:

Aaron Bacon's family has suffered enough, and It would be vindictive of me to try to further their pain. That is not my intention. They are not literally "pieces of shits". They WERE simply exactly like every other over dramatic, selfish, insensitive and irresponsible parent that finds any reason to get rid of their kids. The troubled teen industry has never offered help to "problem teenagers", they offer a temporary fix for the parent's "teenager problem".

We dont have to directly blame Aaron Bacon's parents, it seems they have remorse and that is all can be asked of them. For the fact that they have decided to get involved with this cause makes them alright in my book. Honestly, the only point I was making is that at the time, Aaron Bacon's parents had the same lack of trust and respect for their child as most parents do today.

I must also agree that the lack of information should not be an excuse. There have been red flags since the beginning. But the fact that there is so much information today only means that EACH AND EVERY parent that sends their kid to a program today IS a piece of shit.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:52:58 AM by FemanonFatal2.0 »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Before people choose to go 'round 'n 'round dissing the Bacons, they should kindly watch this YouTube clip one more time. Robert Bacon spends practically half the air time chastising himself for that final and fatal decision. These people have paid more than enough. There are plenty more deserving targets out there for those of us who have bile enough to spare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwanoycFcM

Moreover, might I bring up just how much influence a piece like this has in getting the word out re. what these hellholes are really all about? The Bacons could have chosen to keep their private hell private. Instead, they chose to go public with this, even fourteen years later, in the hopes that their testimony could make a difference in other families' lives. That says a LOT about where they are coming from.
^^^  This.

I talked with Bob Bacon personally just after the hearings (IIRC, he recognized me from my Fornits picture and came up to me).  At the time he was understandbly upset.  While I don't remember exactly what he said, he was hurt that others (such as on Fornits) had such little compassion for program parents, even those whose kids who had died.  You couldn't help but feel sorry for him.  He loved his son, and now his son is dead.  It's beyond cruel to blame him in any way for what the program did. He did not know what was going on.  There wasn't information out there like there is now (though still not nearly enough).

Maybe his decision to send his kid to program was a little rash, but in retrospect, you don't think he regrets it?  There is a lot of propoganda out there exaggerating the dangers of things like marijuana to scare parents into signing up for treatment. Some of it is born out of ignorance (true believers) and some of it is born out of malice and greed (programs, cult leaders).  Either way, it's not really fair to so callously blame those who fall victim to lies.  Everybody is vulnerable to getting conned...  those who think they're invincible are generally the easiest marks.

Who is really to blame here: the victim of the con or the con artist?  Again, please watch this video and see how easy it is to condemn the man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwanoycFcM
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 02:04:04 AM »
Heres how I see the parents and drugs issue.

Either they DID drugs when they were our age and learned some hard lessons they wanted us to avoid, or they DIDNT do drugs because they were too pussy to learn those lessons. Either way their ignorance on how drugs effect society should be blamed on the media because you must realize that these people are simply being controlling. My mom sent me to a program because I realized quickly that she couldn't control me and she felt out of control of me and my actions, therefore she was worried for what the future "might" bring. These actions are nothing short of control issues and paranoia, not ignorance. the ignorance comes in AFTER they admit their kid into the program.

Like I said, Im not going to blame Aaron Bacon's parents specifically, because I think remorse is the one thing that will allow me to set aside my judgments of people, but Im talking about parents in general. They all get this bullshit bailout excuse, only because most of us don't want to hate our parents. Well I don't hate mine, but I still am not blind to the fact that my mother made more than just an ignorant mistake.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 02:27:17 AM »
Aaron Bacon's mom is not your mom.

Stop projecting your issues with your mom onto his.

Thank you.

Bye.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 03:24:10 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"

These actions are nothing short of control issues and paranoia, not ignorance. the ignorance comes in AFTER they admit their kid into the program.

exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people. To most people abducting and imprisoning abother human being is unethical and evil. But abusive people don't understand that. Abusive people are overwhelmed by a darkness they imagine in their kids  anger, control issues, self-centeredness. Theses character flaws drove them to have their kids abducted and imprisoned, not ignorence.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 03:30:46 AM »
Now this is the story, all about how, my life got flipped, turned upside down. And Id like to take a minute, just sit right there, Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air. In west Philadelphia, born and raised. On the playground where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

When a couple of guys were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said you're moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought now forget it, yo homes to bel-air!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby yo, homes smell you later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 03:53:11 AM »
Quote from: "JDFGJ"

These actions are nothing short of control issues and paranoia, not ignorance. the ignorance comes in AFTER they admit their kid into the program.

exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people.

Bullshit.

And you are still loading the language.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 04:06:21 AM »
Quote from: "JDFGJ"

exactly. not everyone in the 90s sent their kids to a private prison. the ones that did were "special" types of people.

Bullshit.

And you are still loading the language.

Um, why are you negating the experience of 10, 000s of thousands of survivors? Can you cut the crap? If you were personally connected to people who sent their kids away in the 90s you would understand what I am saying

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 04:40:06 AM »
We have members of spft on parent forums too - undercover. What is missing is solutions in the community which are NOT punishments.

What can you say to a parent to a child who are nearly 18 and have the mind of a 14 year old hating her own race and are currently on the streets because her mom called the cops in a moment of fear when she was punched down on the ground? This particular girls is ill but won't of course choose the solution the society has in hand for her: Jail because she is wanted on a bench warrant.

What do you say to another mother, who has a son who either was blackmailed or had to pay for drugs and let other addicts empty the house?

While we are fighting programs, we have to understand that the society has to offer other solutions beside programs as well. Else we can provide all the information in the world we want, but the parents would be caught by the government who will blame them and jail them when they allow their kids to act quite normal like Elisa Kelly and her husband (Pardoned from an insane sentence of 4 years because they served alcohol at a party for teens). How many parents are not forced to pay for their teens in the juvie or in a state sponsored RTC and placed in a situation where they as well could pay a private firm for the same warehousing?

How many times are the parents not told by the government how dangerous it is to have certain thing on record (truancy, alcohol possession or violence) when applying for college or having a criminal record when seeking a job.

The 1990s was a time when introducing zero-tolerance became the norm. 1 out of 100 are in prisons now. Some are teens serving life and now we know that most of them would not be a threat if they are released once they are matured around age 25. Some shouldn't be in prison at all (curfew breaking, underage alcohol possession and various slips in probation) but should wear a GPS-bracelet instead because they impose no danger to society.

But we have to think about the amount of information his parent had at their disposal in 1994. There were no ISAC, HEAL, Cafety, Spft or Fornits. There were no internet where they could google news about deaths. They had to rely on a combination of the marketing from the programs and all the warnings from the government telling them that Aaron was a candidate for the soon to be three strike laws.

I cannot pass judgment on them for their decision. Without the information we have at hand today they could only have saved his life by hiking beside him.

But we have to remember that while we have gone some miles and we all have done a good days work with revealing the abuse in the programs, we are far from reaching the goal, because still today the parents are caught in the middle by the actions of their kids and the hammer from the justice system, which can send their child to jail for life.

Let us be satisfied with documenting the past and start improve the future. Off to work!!!