Author Topic: Seed: 12/71-03/73  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed: 12/71-03/73
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
Just wondered if any old oldtimers were out there from the dates above. I started the Seed 4 days before Christmas 1971. After 8 or so months I was appointed to staff. I was on the program for 15 months. Remember Pete, Tommy, Clay, Susie Barker (passed away from cancer), Rick, Libby, Michele Barker, et al? Remember the visit from Robert Conrad? Jackie Gleason giving Art his limosine? Dade and Pinellas Seeds opening up? Wow! A strong and fruitful time of my life. Made boot camp 4 years later a piece of cake, and was a personal and professional foundation for my navy career as a Mustang, an officer that rises through the enlisted ranks and is awarded a commission. What began as a complete culture shock-and-awe became some of the best and inwardly peaceful  times of my life, and that was 37 years ago almost to the day. I can actually say now that when the time comes I will leave the world a little better for my having been in it. I wouldn't have been able to say that with the direction(s) I was going 38 years ago. Gives me a warm and fuzzie to find this forum. I lost my fear of the Seed and the hold it had on me a long time ago, but by then I had figured myself out pretty well and set out on a path to make things a little better for me and the world instead of being destructive. Good to hear from all of you. Even those who still fear the Seed. It's the commraderie that comes from a collective background. From being in the trenches and foxholes together.

:peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Seed: 12/71-03/73
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:27:52 PM »
Quote from: "Warrant"
It's the commraderie that comes from a collective background. From being in the trenches and foxholes together.

:peace:

from being abused and fucked over!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:57:56 AM »
Noooo, that was NOT my experience, but thanks anyway for asking. The SEED still scares you. That's what happens to some who didn't try to get what they could out of it and ended up screwing themselves because of it.

:waaaa:

Offline FHOXX

• View Profile
Re: Seed: 0/71
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:36:06 AM »
I Just wondered if any other oldtimers out there kept their own minds. I was at the Seed in 1971. My sister was appointed to staff, (she had no choice, for a long time) but she did survive. I ran twice, and when my sister finaly got out I had a big joint waiting for her. I also Remember Art, John, Pete, Tommy, Clay, Susie, Rick, Libby, Michele, Bill and alot more. Dade and Pinellas Seeds opening up? Wow!  (that just made more money for the group) An eye opening time of my life too. I also joined the Navy, after going to college, and it was very little help in my navy career as a squid (Saratoga). An officer that rises through the enlisted ranks and is awarded a commission is usualy a suck ass. It was 37 or 38 years ago. I can actually say now that when the time comes I will leave the world with eight of my children and eight grandchildren. I thank the gods my children all have good minds, children and careers, I wouldn't have been able to say that if I thought what the seed was doing was correct 38 years ago. Also it gives me a warm and fuzzie to see Art Barker close to death (and looking like shit). I have never had a fear of the Seed, and the hold it tried to have on me a long time ago, but by then I had figured myself out pretty well and set out on a path to make things  better for me and my family instead of screwing with others minds. It is good to hear from all of you. Even those who still fear the Seed. Now that Iv'e reached the end game it's good to look back. And I hope something can be done to stop people like Art Barker from hurting any more children in the future. I find it hard to believe there are still places like the seed in America?
Frank M.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »
My time was much later. I came after the dade seed closed. I remember alot of those people though. The seed left me with terrible memories whoever says it was good is still sick! Art should be strung up for what he did to us. Sexual abuse, mental abuse etc. I can tell you it was not fun. I hated it. Brainwashing. I remember, John, Terry, Ginger, Cookie, Libby, Kenny, Shelly does anyone remember the girl with long black hair? She was really athletic? on Staff. I remember that I was supposed to be proud when I got to sit in the hallway and run phone call messages like a dog in a cage. UGH I am still haunted!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »
I was there too.  I remember almost everyone.  SusieC.

Offline OpenMeetingJerk-CL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread Warrant ... SusieC -- Are you the same SusieC I remember from Cleveland?  If so, I'd love to catch up ... PM or e-mail me through the board, or talk to TK to get me directly.

(My username should give you an idea of who I am)

Offline hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
wow! warrant you say that the seed was so beneficial... wow!  these people suborned, perjured,manufactured and planted evidence,threatened ruined lives and reputations ruined many , bribed and i don't know what all.. yet because it was all in service of their religion it is O.K.??  you did it didn't you.. you drank the cool-aid.. ahh look what happens when you do!  see when you drink the cool aid, it's almost never you who pays the price.. it's someone! else that's the attraction to cults.. that we can avoid the suffering by acceding to the lie... legally that's called "accessory".. morally that is guilty knowledge. the seed was an education for me, thats sure , but it was an awful one

Offline Liberty Seed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 08:00:05 PM »
Ok maybe I'm blind but my experience at The Seed saved my life.  I was 14 in 1972 and had died and been brought back from an overdose.  Sure The Seed was no Hilton but neither were the streets.  The difference was, for me, people cared whether I lived or died.  I'm a much better person for the 9 months I spent there (on the 3 month program).  Where is Art today?  Is he still with us?  I personally would like to thank him.   Liberty

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 05:59:40 PM »
Quote from: "Liberty Seed"
Ok maybe I'm blind but my experience at The Seed saved my life.  I was 14 in 1972 and had died and been brought back from an overdose.  Sure The Seed was no Hilton but neither were the streets.  The difference was, for me, people cared whether I lived or died.  I'm a much better person for the 9 months I spent there (on the 3 month program).  Where is Art today?  Is he still with us?  I personally would like to thank him.   Liberty

Liberty Seed:

I'm no fan of Art Barker or his wife, but last I knew they lived over in the Venetian Isle section of Ft. LAuderdale. Not too shabby.  You can check the property tax records for Broward County - there might be a tax bill in his name or Suzy's name or some tax-free foundation's name that he's associated with.  The guy made a good living off the tax exempt business model.  Don't ever forget:  it was just a BUSINESS.  It was about dollars and control.  

Stripe
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Liberty Seed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:49:03 AM »
Dear Stripe,

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe I was just too young, or too busy self destructing to be aware of the financial politics of The Seed.  I can only hope there were others like myself and my two remaining Seed friends who were helped to get their lives back on track.

Liberty

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:16 PM »
Liberty - You are not the only one who was helped by the Seed.  I know there are others here that will disagree with me but there are still tools that I learned at the Seed that I use in my life today.  I now try helping others in a different way because I received so much help when I was at the Seed that as the song we used to sing "Pass it On" is what I truly love doing with my life.  I help others who are grieving from losses and helping others to me is what life is all about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »
Quote from: "Guest2"
Liberty - You are not the only one who was helped by the Seed.  I know there are others here that will disagree with me but there are still tools that I learned at the Seed that I use in my life today.  I now try helping others in a different way because I received so much help when I was at the Seed that as the song we used to sing "Pass it On" is what I truly love doing with my life.  I help others who are grieving from losses and helping others to me is what life is all about.

Stop smoking angel dust.

Offline Liberty Seed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
What in the world happened to cause such resentment?

Liberty

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed 12/71-03/73
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
Liberty I have no idea why there is such resentment.  All I know is I was at the Seed most of my life and sure there were things that were not perfect but nothing in life is perfect.  I learned to take the best of what was offered and live my life by that.  I also know that my life is very full and there is just no room for resentment.  I find that if you live your life full of resentment that it only hurts you and not the person you are resenting.   I choose to live a life with love and help others where I can.  Guest - I know you can't relate to me because of the comment you made but I'm very happy with my life and what I am doing with it and I don't need drugs or alcohol to make me happy.  All I need to do is think about others and what they need and that's what makes me happy.  I hope that some of you will find what you need to make you happy.