Author Topic: Just some critical thoughts on "justice"  (Read 2639 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Just some critical thoughts on "justice"
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
I was reading the paper today.  Saw OJ was finally gonna do some time.  The article began with a definition of the word, "justice" from dictionary.com: "the administering of deserved punishment or reward" ...

I don't know...don't seem to me that one can get "retroactive justice", which was the title of the article BTW.  I was actually surprised at that definition.  It doesn't sound like "justice" to me at all...more like social control or revenge or something other than justice.  Maybe "compensation" of some sort.  It seems to me, though, that justice is only available in the present.  One can live justly or not, but I don't think one can have justice for what has happened in the past.  The past is just a memory  There is only the present.  If you have committed crimes or been unjust in the past simply act with justice now, as you go about your day.  ...Anyway... :clown:

Injustice, like when someone is trampled to death by some mob made up of the individual egos that are all so focused on what they want for themselves that they are unable to recognize the man coming to unlock the door as a human being.  The key he held in his hands was all he was worth to the people who trampled him or could have.  It doesn't matter what punishment you give to the tramplers, that was an injustice and no action can change that.

A friend of mine and I were talkin about "Justice" once and he said something to me I'll never forget.  He said "Justice" is just not usin anybody for nothin, ever.  I think that's right on.  The implication bein if you are dealt injustice by some force of another's selfish ego, it is just an injustice and you cannot make it otherwise through violence or imprisonment or action of any kind.  That would just be more injustice, wouldn't it ??

I guess it just freaks me out the way the society or the establishment or whatever, most people out there, don't have any sense of what justice even is.  They leave that up to the law, like so many fools and suckers, and surrender their natural autonomy daily.  They have no intuitive sense of it coming from within themselves.  This is the problem that develops when people allow their government to regulate their own behavior.  Government and law cuts us off from our potential as human beings.

Oh well just some stuff I had on my mind today, thought I'd throw up a post..."...with words they try to jail ya..."-Sting

:poison:  :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: Just some critical thoughts on "justice"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »
That was a great post. I've often contemplated 'justice'.

I've come to the conclusion that humans are much more 'animal' than they want to admit. We're out for our own self interest and will trample anyone in our path if we can get away with it.

don't get me started on presidential pardons.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pe ... ge_W._Bush

We don't have true justice in the US or any other country for that matter. Every institution is a 'best effort' social experiment. It drives me nuts when judges and DA's get on their fucking high horse and preach about right and wrong. I want to club baby seals when I hear the term 'contempt for court'.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:07:42 PM »
Fuck OJ..

They should have taken him out back and shot him. Saved everyone the time.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »
OJ isn't special. Hundreds of degenerates commit the same crime every year. He happened to be a celebrity.

And yes he's a smug, arrogant, son of a bitch. Hell, if you got paid $3 million a year to play flanker - it would go to your head too.

Your hatred is for Johnny Cockring, the judicial system, cocky attitude, and the media.

His whole ordeal was a CNN media manufactured circus. Do you know how much fucking money they made off of that trial?

Judge Ito is god.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:13:14 PM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
Government and law cuts us off from our potential as human beings.
People want their meat killed for them, and they want the government (and by proxy the law) to 'fix' everything for them, too.

"Society Is A Hole"
-Sonic Youth

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:31 PM »
People want their meat killed for them, and they want the government (and by proxy the law) to 'fix' everything for them, too.

i like single serving friends

I want to babysitted

and don't edumacate me too far. Thinking for meself is scary.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
i like single serving friends
Cannibalism, eh?  :D

Q. Why don't cannibals eat clowns?  :clown:

A. Because they taste funny!  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
OJ isn't special. Hundreds of degenerates commit the same crime every year. He happened to be a celebrity.

And yes he's a smug, arrogant, son of a bitch. Hell, if you got paid $3 million a year to play flanker - it would go to your head too.

Your hatred is for Johnny Cockring, the judicial system, cocky attitude, and the media.

His whole ordeal was a CNN media manufactured circus. Do you know how much fucking money they made off of that trial?

Judge Ito is god.

No my hatred is for OJ's string of shitty movies.

fuck him.. 1 to the temple behind the dumpster in the alley and be done with it.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
single serving friends is a 'fight club' movie reference

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »
single serving friends is a 'fight club' movie reference

thank you for posting about cedu, dish, on an unrelated note.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
thanks for every cedu person for coming here and calling a spade a spade.

we sat there for 2 1/2 years with buttoned lips

gladly taking the beat down

fuck that place

our time could have been spent constructively.

For ourselves and others.

Now

we can help those in need not those in swollen wallets.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »
I don't know...don't seem to me that one can get "retroactive justice", which was the title of the article BTW. I was actually surprised at that definition. It doesn't sound like "justice" to me at all...more like social control or revenge or something other than justice. Maybe "compensation" of some sort. It seems to me, though, that justice is only available in the present. One can live justly or not, but I don't think one can have justice for what has happened in the past. The past is just a memory There is only the present. If you have committed crimes or been unjust in the past simply act with justice now, as you go about your day.

Nah, I'd take the retroactive justice if that op were open to me.. better than no justice at all. Your making the mistake, Pirate, of thinking the right should equal the wrong of the crime. It won't. It almost never will. But that doesn't mean that it can't go far, in helping the healing along.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:01 AM »
Since O.J. has this skin problem, he should stay quiet and out of sight.

He must have known that they would try to get him sooner or later after justice was done back in L.A.

His case is almost like the case of Willie Francis but instead the chair, O.J. got jail.

Some claim that the race card is played too often, but if some should claim that it must be us here in Europe. I cannot even call women the middle east cap Gulls as the courts have allowed us to before anyone shout "racist".

(If you translate the second article you will learn that the court granted the employee about 25.000 dollars because firing her due to that statement was an attack against our effort to support your war against terrorism.)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »

Judge Ito is god.
I agree, we love to hate that smug, arrogant SOB (I know I do), but you're right about all of this. His trial was in our faces, day in day out, whether we wanted it to be or not, in place of our favorite shows (I had no cable at the time and became increasingly irritated with that shithead's trial being broadcast instead of the late show w/ David Letterman (I'm a Letterman guy, fuck Leno, he sucks), just WAY too much media coverage for what it was. I wanted him dead just so I could return to regularly scheduled viewing, for fuck's sake. Yes, hate, hate, HATE....but not all for O.J.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I don't know...don't seem to me that one can get "retroactive justice", which was the title of the article BTW. I was actually surprised at that definition. It doesn't sound like "justice" to me at all...more like social control or revenge or something other than justice. Maybe "compensation" of some sort. It seems to me, though, that justice is only available in the present. One can live justly or not, but I don't think one can have justice for what has happened in the past. The past is just a memory There is only the present. If you have committed crimes or been unjust in the past simply act with justice now, as you go about your day.

... Your making the mistake, Pirate, of thinking the right should equal the wrong of the crime. It won't.

Not sure what you mean by this...??  What do you mean by "the right".  What "right" ??
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.