Author Topic: Project 2: Midwest Academy Exposed.com [research phase]  (Read 19838 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Project 2: Midwest Academy Exposed.com [research phase]
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 01:08:40 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
update?
Kevin has sent out PMs to Midwest survivors.  I expect to gain most of the information for the site by interviewing them.  I need to check up with Kev to see if he has had any responses.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 06:52:45 AM »
the problem with that is the "school" profile field that is required for registration now on my forums... hasn't always been required... so yeah.. there are a whole 4 people out of 700 with "midwest" filled in that field... i searched the user-end for a while trying to dig, no luck there. and nothing on the PM's from these 4 peeps.. midwest is illusive, i've never been able to compile a whole lot, and this school on average has way fewer survivors showing up to share their stories.. strange. but it's a newer school, so the brainwashing hasn't started to wear off yet.

maybe darrington was logically a better choice? considering the pics you have at your disposal now... ;)
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
Quote from: "kev (antiWWASP.com)"
...and this school on average has way fewer survivors showing up to share their stories.. strange. but it's a newer school, so the brainwashing hasn't started to wear off yet.

Yup. They also seeded the starting line with well-washed/duly indoctrinated to make sure things got off to a "good start." When the "positive peer culture" is solidly in place, it takes a while for the tales of damage to trickle to the internet. Also, very few students thus far have been exposed to this place (re. a critical mass needed for people to feel free to speak up).

From the New school: 'Miracle on the Mississippi' article (August 28, 2003), color emphasis mine:

Many of the students currently at Midwest Academy, picked for their leadership, transferred from similar schools to help start this school.

Eva, 14, and Tiffany, 17, came this summer, one from a school in Costa Rica, one in Jamaica.

Eva, from Colorado, said she had entered the Litchfield school program as a seventh grader and now is working at the high school level as a junior.
    [/list][/size]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
    « Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
    Quote from: "kev (antiWWASP.com)"
    the problem with that is the "school" profile field that is required for registration now on my forums... hasn't always been required... so yeah.. there are a whole 4 people out of 700 with "midwest" filled in that field... i searched the user-end for a while trying to dig, no luck there. and nothing on the PM's from these 4 peeps.. midwest is illusive, i've never been able to compile a whole lot, and this school on average has way fewer survivors showing up to share their stories.. strange. but it's a newer school, so the brainwashing hasn't started to wear off yet.

maybe darrington was logically a better choice? considering the pics you have at your disposal now... ;)

You might have a point, and so does Ursus.  How common are Darrington survivors?
    Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
    Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
    "Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)