Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Troubled Teen Industry.com - Program Website Division

Statement Contest: About a.p.all

<< < (3/11) > >>

Miss Antsy Pam:
Hurrikayne & Rusty
Amazing work…this is exactly what I was hoping for…finding our common ground…what we oppose and where we stand on just about everything…fabulous!!!
 :twofinger:

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "psy" ---For each program website webpage, there will be a page explaining who made the website and why (About Us).  I'd like to be able to explain what a.p.all is as a project clearly and concisely.  The essay should say basically two things: The purpose of the organization (educate the public about therapy cults masquerading as treatment centers for kids) and the one code of ethics we can all agree on: no referrals (and why).  While I could write it myself (and probably will write a draft), I believe in the principles of competition, and that there are many around here who are more capable and influential writers than I. What better way to create this important piece of content than to offer it up to the community to write and then vote on and/or edit collectively.

I look forward to reading your submissions in this thread.

:notworthy:
--- End quote ---

Ummm... I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this query, but do we really need an ESSAY for this? I'm all for stating purpose clearly and succinctly, but the minute you start getting into a whole treatise about one's righteous purpose and all that, is the minute you're gonna lose 70% of the readership. They're there just for the information. "Just the facts, Ma'am, nothin' but the facts!"

A self-righteous treatise filled with honorable intentions and lists of no-no's will earn us kudos from like-minded college students who are into justice causes and demonstrating for the rights of the unwashed and down-trodden. These are probably not the people who will be sending their kids into programs anyway.

I think there'll be far more punch to the websites if they stick to their primary mission, namely, to educate. It may seem less glorious initially, but it'll pull more credibility in the long run, IMO...

Here's what we're up against in terms of what kind of punch the program websites can pull:

* Your kid has a problem.
* Your kid's problem is worse than you think it is. We know, because we are professionals.
* Your kid will, in fact, end up deadinsaneorinjail if you don't do something about it.
* We have the answer to your problem. We're professionals at this, we've done it thousands of times before.
* Studies show that our results are time-proven.
* You will get back a new boy/girl/dog when our training is complete.
Disproving that, especially in the heart of an already panicked parent, will entail a lot more focus on the information at hand, and a lot less on tooting one's own horn. In fact, I think we want to really try to avoid even the impression of that.

Plus, the minute we put up an explicit LIST of what we are against... well, keep in mind that we're also potentially listing reasons that some parent is not going to read the rest of the site. There is plenty of time to get that specific later. For the purposes of educating about a program, however... hmmm. No. Can't say that sits well with me. Sorry, but I AM a grumpy bear...

psy:

--- Quote from: "psy" ---For each program website webpage, there will be a page explaining who made the website and why (About Us).  I'd like to be able to explain what a.p.all is as a project clearly and concisely.  The statement should say basically two things: The purpose of the organization (educate the public about therapy cults masquerading as treatment centers for kids) and the one code of ethics we can all agree on: no referrals (and why).  While I could write it myself (and probably will write a draft), I believe in the principles of competition, and that there are many around here who are more capable and influential writers than I. What better way to create this important piece of content than to offer it up to the community to write and then vote on and/or edit collectively.

I look forward to reading your submissions in this thread.

:notworthy:
--- End quote ---

psy:

--- Quote from: "Ursus" ---Ummm... I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this query, but do we really need an ESSAY for this?
--- End quote ---

Lol, no.  Statement is a better term and the OP has been edited to reflect that.

kev (antiWWASP.com):

--- Quote ---Sorry, but I AM a grumpy bear...
--- End quote ---

doesn't matter to me, cause you're also extremely insightful.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version