Author Topic: Project 1 : Peninsula Village Exposed [Writing Phase]  (Read 23297 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Project 1 : Peninsula Village Exposed [Writing Phase]
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 01:07:30 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
update?
I emailed Zen yesterday to ask how the writing is going. Haven't gotten a response yet, but I expect one today.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2008, 11:48:02 PM »
http://oah.state.or.us/decisions/Depart ... _FO_02.doc

...(50) B.A. does participate in one hour per day of group psychotherapy, conducted by the two program directors who live with his group.  The group psychotherapy consists of discussing the events of the day and engaging in problem-solving discussions. However, the program directors are not psychologists, although some have degrees in activity therapy or specialized training in recovery counseling.  Dr. Pennewell meets with these counselors twice weekly to review and provide oversight.  There is also a group therapy session every other week with Dr. Pennewell or Dr. Greg Gass, a certified child psychologist.  Pennewell Testimony

(52) Dr. Pennewell noted that B.A. still has “apex” storms where he loses control and engages in violent behavior, and that he had such an episode on May 10 which required physical restraint.  Other than that episode, however, which Dr. Pennewell characterized as a “setback,” there had been a good deal of improvement in B.A.’s  social skills  and in his ability to contain himself.  She credited B.A.’s success at Peninsula Village to its structure, isolation, staff-student ratio, staff with a therapeutic and clinical understanding of the issues causing B.A.’s problems, and medication.  Nevertheless, in Dr. Pennewell’s opinion, although much improved, B.A. would not be ready to be discharged in mid-June, as he had just had an episode requiring physical restraint, demonstrating that he was still having problems with rigid thinking and anger management, and he had recently had a medication adjustment, the efficacy of  which was as yet unknown.  She anticipated that by the end of summer 20023, he would have progressed sufficiently to be discharged from Peninsula Village.

(68) On May 10, 2002, B.A. engaged in physically violent and aggressive behavior requiring physical restraint.  B.A. remains at Peninsula Village at the time of writing this order.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »
Why does progress seem to be slowing down? I see we have the "Testimonials" and "What is the Troubled Teen Industry?" pages up, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Here's some things that I think need to be changed/added:
-The text font and size should be switched to something easier to read. Especially true for the long page of testimonials.
-New logo. It needs capitol letters so readers quickly recognize what it says, and look slightly closer to what PV actually uses.
-More color and design! PV uses a repeating "super light tree bark" image as their background (link) maybe we could do something similar.
-Content.... not too much right now. Until more is added, get rid of the unnecessary blank pages so it seems like the site is fuller. Not sure if there would ever be a need for an "About Us" page anyway.

Lets get the ball rolling again here. I've been holding out on releasing my copy of the PV parent handbook, in hopes it can debut on pvexposed. I'm also planning for a protest in March at the Knoxville marathon and it'd be nice to have this site ready  to direct people to it.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 05:29:54 PM »
Quote from: "act.da"
Why does progress seem to be slowing down? I see we have the "Testimonials" and "What is the Troubled Teen Industry?" pages up, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

We have lives to attend to outside of the forums.  Recently we had a survivor visit us and return to PV for the first time in eight years.  When we got to PV we photographed the area heavily and on the way out we fired off klaxon airhorns behind the YC.  Tasty timing, especially with all the parents that were milling around.

So you see, it's not all thumb twiddling.  What are you doing?

Lets get the ball rolling again here. I've been holding out on releasing my copy of the PV parent handbook, in hopes it can debut on pvexposed.

The ball has been rolling - if you are referring to what I'm writing, ask me directly.  

I'm also planning for a protest in March at the Knoxville marathon

Gee, so am I.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"