Author Topic: Project 1 : Peninsula Village Exposed [Writing Phase]  (Read 23301 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Project 1 : Peninsula Village Exposed [research phase]
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
Quote from: "hurrikayne"

As for pics, I can get my hands on plenty of Roloff pics, but they won't be real helpful unless/until Reclamation Ranch goes down...since they're tied.  :D

dudette.. post that shit up. Start a holding thread like I did for 3 pukes. as for PV I think once we get Zen around we are gold. But I bet some proofreading on the PV will need to be done and even I'll be forced, totally unwillingly and with a gun to my head , that you have skills given you've picked out some of my obscure typos and such before.

Though.. double check with Psy on the proofreading end.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
First, the interview with the PV protester/survivor...I think that's an iron that needs be used while hot.  :)

Thank you for the compliment.  Shall we shelve our personal feelings for this project and get down to business?  I promise to be completely offended by anything and everything you have to spew anywhere else on this board.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »
:twofinger:

absolutely.

let's kick some ass.

What I would do though is conduct the interview and add it later if you can't get it finished in time. The site uses a very nice blog format that is easily updated. It would certainly be nice to keep it updated and I'm pretty sure Zen and Act.da will do just that.

also.. check out the PV Q/A thread.. it is 13 pages of interview all done in the last year  or two.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 11:26:22 AM »
First, the interview with the PV protester/survivor...I think that's an iron that needs be used while hot.  :)

Thank you for the compliment.  Shall we shelve our personal feelings for this project and get down to business?  I promise to be completely offended by anything and everything you have to spew anywhere else on this board.

Well.  How would you like to be on the writing/editing team for the peninsulavillageexposed.com website?  We could certainly use your talents.  With you on board, the website should be finished in no time.

Basically the idea at this point is less to gather new information (though some will be coming from Zen I hear) and more analyzing the existing information on PV and organizing it into a parent-friendly package.  If you check out the website you can see there are several sections to complete.  There are oodles of testimonials, so that isn't the issue.  What is the issue are the other sections.  Now that I think about it, how would you like to write  the section on "What is The Troubled Teen Industry" (more on that here).  If I recall correctly, you might already have an essay somewhere that fits the bill.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
Che, process started & progressing.  Question - you want the Q&A I did with you after the benchmark protest?

Psy, I'm in.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »
Che, process started & progressing.  Question - you want the Q&A I did with you after the benchmark protest?

Psy, I'm in.
Just FYI, I edited my post above a bit...
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
Okay, Psy, but my interview also covers the protest aspect.  I think that's important as well, the explanation of WHY we are taking action against these programs & facilities which are viewed as 'helpful'.  The things our parents refuse to comprehend about our own experiences.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
If I recall correctly, you might already have an essay somewhere that fits the bill.

Um yeah, apparently whatever it is you are thinking of has been nuked...not even able to locate it in other places.  Might have to run another ghastly search for hidden shit deep within my hard drive.  grrrrrrr....I'm not good at that.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Project 1 : Peninsula Village Exposed [Writing Phase]
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
All right.  I've been in contact with Kevin and act.da who are currently writing content for the PV exposed website.  Soon we'll be on the editing and tech phases.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »
This is great!  @Psy:  That Metro Pulse article on PV from 1997 was deliberately buried due to pressures from Covenant.  Someone screwed up and it made it to Archive.org.  It was like finding the Holy Grail after hearing about it from long-time local advocates and shrinks.  I've been trying to contact the author, Betty Bean, to see if she'd want to do a follow-up, since nothing has changed but the ugly faces.  Still trying.

@Psy:  We got the hook-up for the WATE-TV piece, but it was never damning toward PV.  WATE is heavily dependent on Covenant Health as an advertiser.  Lori Tucker, the reporter who did the story wanted to interview my family after we wrote to her.  Tucker refused to allow any local advocates or mental health pros with negative PV views to be involved, so we followed gut instinct and backed away.  It is a great source of embarrassment for Covenant and WATE-TV since Ryan Sullivan, the young man featured as a "PV Success Story", relapsed shortly after the story aired and is still not speaking to his parents.  It appears from Ryan's MySpace that he is in college and doing well, he's just pissed at his folks and getting high.  He lives near Act.da.  Act, feel like looking up a fellow survivor for an interview?  Ryan's comments would be interesting.  FreeWeAreNot lives about those parts, too, but that would be a taxing interview.

My wife and I are writing the parent perspective together, I'm putting together a history of PV from it's murky origin as some government-funded mental program in 1970.  Two gov't funded mental facilities were established in TN very close together:  Moccassin Bend in 1969 and Jones Bend (Peninsula) the following year, both built on nearly identical peninsulas.  Three sides surrounded by water = one way out, a well-planned prison.

As long as this is private...[Redacted]

Let's do the bastards.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:07:51 PM by ZenAgent »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 11:49:54 PM »
quick post here.. I'm on my way to lay down. Zen knows why.

Take screen shots of everything and keep your access open for now. I suggest this because once the site goes live I'm sure there will be some response on the private pv parent forums. Wait till you get that screen shotted and then release it. I suggest cloning some obnoxious parent's name and using it to upload it all to pirate bay.

Once its there then they can do squat about stopping the info from being used and it cause a crapflood of behind the scenes cause on the pv private forums.

Screen shot this as well.

:deal:

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
It is a great source of embarrassment for Covenant and WATE-TV since Ryan Sullivan, the young man featured as a "PV Success Story", relapsed shortly after the story aired and is still not speaking to his parents.  It appears from Ryan's MySpace that he is in college and doing well, he's just pissed at his folks and getting high.  He lives near Act.da.  Act, feel like looking up a fellow survivor for an interview?  Ryan's comments would be interesting.  FreeWeAreNot lives about those parts, too, but that would be a taxing interview.
Send me what you have on Ryan Sullivan and I'll see what I can do. I might consider also talking with "free", might as well send me her contact info too if you have it.
BTW I wouldn't really trust this forum with any really sensitive info (in regards to your last paragraph), since the only thing keeping others out is an extremely difficult to guess password. ::)
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 03:41:42 AM »
Quote from: "act.da"
BTW I wouldn't really trust this forum with any really sensitive info (in regards to your last paragraph), since the only thing keeping others out is an extremely difficult to guess password. ::)

[Redacted]
Then I will fuck... it... all... up.  Twice.

Alright, but you folks who read the redacted bit - if anyone needs info they think might be available there, it's available.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:12:17 PM by ZenAgent »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
Quote from: "act.da"
the only thing keeping others out is an extremely difficult to guess password. ::)
OK. I'll add a second level of security (certain users only).  But act.da is ultimately right.  Consider anything you post anywhere potentially public at some point in time.  Keep the really sensitive information to PMs / email.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:26 AM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
.  Then I will fuck... it... all... up.  Twice.

You should really consult me in this matter. I'm very talented and experienced in this sort of work.

:adminjihadredux: