Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Psych Hospitals

When the GAO Investigated Regulated Facilities

(1/3) > >>

iamartsy:
If you want to see what pertains to you the fastest start on page 7. I read the whole article and it hit everything on target. After researching night and day for years, I have never found anything as comprehensive as this. It gave validation to the problems that still plague me today. My hospitalization was from 1985 - 1986 (9 months). I saw more there than people outside of Fornits can imagine. I have never been so validated as when I read this: http://www.fornits.com/eclecticartist/1495426.pdf

psy:
This is really something to read for historical perspective.  Especially pages 7 and 8.  It demonstrates that the same exact shit can happen in official "psychiatric" facilities.

Che Gookin:
It also demonstrates the "all powerful" reach of the Federal government and their total lack of ability to control abuse in Psych hospitals to this day.

Yay government.

Yay advocoidiots and their drive to regulate the number of pickles on hamburgers.

iamartsy:
I read this today and found it very validating and therefore I asked Psy to upload it. For so long, I have felt alone with all the aftereffects. I realize now that I am not. So I implore you to read it. See if it speaks to you and helps. Thank you, Iamartsy

hurrikayne:
I think I am most disturbed by this little fact: "Age at time of admission - range from 3 to 18."  I cannot begin to fathom putting my little man into any sort of psychiatric care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version