Author Topic: So what is this all about  (Read 65963 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: So what is this all about
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
I agree with Kathy and Rusty Goat.

Creating individual sites would be a good first start. Then linking them together by having a specific page on each site that is titled something like "A Widespread Problem".  I think it is important to have the sites almost completed before they are launched. I agree with RG in that things should be kept simple.

I think it is great to have svereral places to communicate and send current info, in case one or two sites goes down. I think Psy's original idea was good but apparently, as Kathy pointed out, these large scale efforts usually collapse upon the weight of themselves. Kathy makes excellent points concerning information sharing and backups. Carsten seems very diligent but I am not as familiar with him as I should be.

I would suggest people with specific knowledge of a type of program get together with people who can help with put a basic website format together. Then write out the content in a readable form about that specific program/program network.

Psy can work on an anti-program hub which can serve as a go-between while also increasing our search engine results with his understanding of SEO, RSS and other tips that don't overstep the bounds into a "black hat" situation. He could advise about this.

Tony
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
It isn't that the efforts have collapsed to create websites. Quite the opposite as some of us are actively digging for information.

What needs to happen is our searches need to be organized and our approach modified.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Kathy"
I have some images and .pdf's of some newspaper stories..where should I put these?
Email em to me, and i'll put em up on apall.org.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=26298[/list]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
I wish I had time to write an article on that, but i'm inundated with other work at the moment.  Is it possible you could write one pretty please?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »
is appal.org up? where? how? I got a 404 when I tried it

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
is appal.org up? where? how? I got a 404 when I tried it

We moved it to troubled-teen-indsutry.com after kevin went a bit nuts.  Click here for a link:
http://troubled-teen-industry.com/
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »
ok, that works thanks

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »
Hey all, Sorry i havent been real active in the forums, You will not believe how tired I am right now but I felt I should let you guys know that I have been doing A TON of strategy work for our upcoming projects. For all of you who are joining the research team Psy, and I are setting up a project manager on www.Troubled-Teen-Industry.com and we have developed a comprehensive template that represents an organized "Informational Database" that you can use to collect and organize your researched materials. We have just launched a new project called "Project Sharing System" (or is it strategy... i dunno i forgot) and in a few days time we will have prepared all the intial information you will need to get started on an organized research strategy. We will also be inviting you to organize yourselves into teams an create your "Team Strategy" that will be an integral part of a "Collaborative Strategy" to achieve our common goals.

I thank you all for your help and hard work here, keep it all up and go register at www.Troubled-Teen-Industry.com goddamnit.

love always,
your neighborhood femanon

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
very cool.... Sounds like we might actually get further than we have in past attempts.... kudos to the techies!!!! yay! :rocker:  :tup:
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
I wanted to get some feedback from you all on this tho, I know that most of us dont like being micro managed, me included so I want to let you all know that the only "direction" I will be offering are simply some suggestions to point you in the right direction. My only strong hope is that you use the database template that I will provide in order to keep your research articles organized. I will explain more later about this system and why I believe it is important that we all use it, but for now I will just let you guys know that Im doing this to make sure no one wastes their valuable time. There is a lot of work to be done here, way past this project we have many MANY more to tackle and its important that we dont burn ourselves out. How each team decides to structure or unstructure their time and sub projects is comepletely up to what you all agree on, but it would help to get an idea of generally how everyone prefers to work so we can recommend that you get hooked up with a project manager and team members that appreciate the same operation style. That being said, do you think you could all give me a quick summary of yourself, and how you would prefer to assist this movement (special talents, experience, resources and such) as well let me know if you work well under specific instruction, general guidance or self motivation. As well, feel free to offer any feedback or suggestions that might help organize our teams.

Just a lil background, I have been active with another organization for a few years now, I first had my experience story published by ISAC in 2004 feel free to give it a read if you would like to know about me and my experience in the program.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Zt6 ... cd=3&gl=us
http://cafety.youthrights.org/wiki/inde ... lsea_Filer
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:59:24 AM by Femanon4Che »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2008, 10:32:29 AM »
Now hold on there.  We haven't fully decided on whether or not that database template is feasable (though it seems so).  We'll have to talk about this a little more.  You also might want to explain about your idea of how to structure the research and how it will be published.  I like your categorizing idea a lot, but you should probably explain it more to those who don't know what you're talking about.

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »
I agree, and I plan to... nothing will be forced upon anyone, not that I could anyway lol. As well, I hope you all dont see my stepping up as an insult, the last thing I want to do is micro manage anyone. If you guys can understand, I am so used to NOTHING getting done at antiwwasp and HAVING to be the one to take charge. I in no way intend to step on your toes, Im the kind of person who loves working in a group and I DONT like to establish pecking orders. I also am always open to feedback and greatly appreciate it so if you work with me you wont have to worry about walking on eggshells. Not that you guys would anyway lol. and btw, I do appreciate a sense of humor so do your worst.

I just needed a day to rest I was up until 9am the other morning got 3 hours of sleep before i needed to catch a conference call and then went to bed at about 6am that next morning. this seems to be a pattern with me ever since I started this project... my biological clock is all mixed up.

I have outlined in our project manager that I plan to prepare an extensive explaination of my ideas and submit it to everyone to review and decide upon. the only thing I feel strongly about is organizing the information so that no one wastes their time making multiple entries and makes it easier for us to store and upload this database online. If anyone has changes to or wants to try another method I am totally open to that.

If you dont mind guys Im going to head to bed, (its almost 9 am again) but I will make a detailed outline/ discription and submit it to you tomorrow.

:hug:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:50:27 AM by Femanon4Che »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
Just to those who don't already know, our project manager can be accessed here on the troubled teen industry.com website:
http://troubled-teen-industry.com/index ... &Itemid=69

It's basically a software for managing projects.  You can organize things there, set tasks, calendar items, and upload files for sharing.

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
Hey everyone!
My apologies, I am having some software problems and waiting to hear back from the technical support guy before I can retrieve my data (in order to present it to you) In the mean time I thought I might tell you guys about the networking Im doing. I have made a myspace page for TTI and I am sending out friend requests to anyone I can find in groups like WWASP. Can you guys give me an idea of where I can find more groups with survivors? Do you think I should make individual myspace pages for the individual schools?

could use some help on this as well if anyone wants to run your own survivor myspace I can help you design it. In fact I think I might want to get a team together who are willing to do manage multiple survivor myspaces. Anyone interested? Even if your not interested I would appreciate everyones advice, espeically if you know what schools to do and where I can find survivors. Thanx!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »
The MySpace situation is very fractured, IMO, and sometimes those dividing lines run along age groups. For example, in the case of Hyde Schools, you have over 40 years worth of former students who are often, as Hyde School seems to ensure, still highly opinionated as to the appropriate take on the whole experiment. That ends up with former classmates clinging to their own "crowd," namely the folks who experienced pretty much the exact same conditions that they did, at least as far as certain non-subjective variables are concerned (staff, admins, lingo, etc.). That, of course, doesn't even touch upon the pro- vs. con- issue.

From what I can tell, there are a few Hyde MySpace groups, but often they are short-lived, and infrequently posted in. They generally tend to attract the younger ex-students.

There is also the issue of certain hell-holes being successful at having certain MySpace groups gutted of unflattering content...which certainly puts a chill into survivor discourse.

Personally, I think a larger MySpace Group with potential sub-groups (much like the structure of fornits) would be the most effective strategy in reaching and/or being palatable for the largest number of people... But I am hardly the expert, lol!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------