Author Topic: Monarch School  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Monarch School
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
http://http://www.monarchschool.com/faculty1.html

Do any of these douchebags look familiar to you? If so could you provide some information about your experiences with them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Monarch School
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:24:39 AM »

Offline sek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
which people would you like to know about? i can tell you about most of them.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
All these faces look new. But if ANYONE can tell me ANYTHING about Josh The Carpenter and Jason The Head Chef, I would be most appreciative. Addresses are important, as I am now hatching plans to spirit them away to become my indentured boy-toys.

*blisses out to thoughts of cuteness capable of cooking and fixing things*

Lusting after the "help" is ok. Unless CEDU has changed its classist policy of viewing the non-program staff as inferior and therefore not worthy of indoctrinating.

Hopefully they haven't. My castle needs some serious home improvement.

This post didn't help at all, did it? I'm sorry.  :waaaa:

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:12:02 AM »
Hey, I can tell you about pretty much everyone.

Chuck Kilpatrick is probably one of the most unstable people there, Outdoor 'Instructor'. He has got around 3 DUIs in the 5 years of working there, telling kids to sober up. He got in my face quite a bit, screaming at me and calling me a liar when he just couldn't understand things i would tell him. made my peer group strip down to our long underwear and douse ourselves with water in the winter until into the second stage of hypothermia supposedly to show us what it was like but mostly to intimidate us.

Dennison Webb was a peer group leader, now working as his made up job title of choice experimental experiential whatever. I tried to tell him about the Synanon stuff but he wouldn't acknowledge anything i told him. Huge acid head back in the day and based on many conversations, a bit fried. Big fan of tough love and psuedo-socratic teaching.

Curtis Foster, pretty good guy but definitely really into the program.

Sarah Loseman is completely nuts, knew her pretty well, basically has no idea of what is going on and made kids do endlessly pointless shit in consequence.

David Barth has basically been in this commune treatment bullshit since he was born. VERY into the program.

Doug Ratelle was my therapist, seemed to be a nice guy but would ream kids in group like no other. I only got it from him once or twice but he freaked the fuck out when i told him i hated the behavior mod stuff monarch did and was able to convince me Monarch wasn't behavior mod and that i didn't know what that was.

if you have any specific questions on anyone i would love to help. all of the staff there, especially some of the teachers, get just as fucked from that place as the kids, all of the staff go through the workshops with the kids before they can run the workshops, i don't know if that's how it is in other places but it's pretty effective at keeping some of those people around.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:40:22 PM »
SO WHAT SITE ARE YOU GOING TO NEXT? I WILL FIND YOU AND WE WILL TALK, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU AND HOW YOUR DAY WENT.

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »
I hear Monarch is stopping the workshops from now on, possibly group as well!

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:15 AM »
Quote from: "workassignmentz"
I hear Monarch is stopping the workshops from now on, possibly group as well!

Interesting.

Source?

Difficult to imagine a place cutting out practice but retaining the dogma and the synanon underpinnings as it pertains to ideology. If true, it will be curious to see how that bullshittery manifests itself next.