Author Topic: I had no idea...  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I had no idea...
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »
I had a friend that lived close by the rebekah school/roloff compound and we never knew what went on in there. We had always joked that it was an insane asylum (no offence) but today driving by the place its just an abandoned looking prison. My friends older brother told us once about a guy that had escaped, he was in front of his house and saw someone running. He yelled out to the guy and he just stopped. He asked if he was ok, the guy was cut up pretty bad. My friends brother knew right then that he was escaping, I beleieve he said it was 1983 or 84. He said he genuienly felt sorry for the guy, gave him some water and smokes. He said the guy was blank,

"Please, never let them find me. They will lock me up!"

Jay didnt know what to do. It was 4 miles to town and the chilling voice the guy had he didnt want to take him back. The guy didnt know how to get ahold of his parents. He told Jay about when they made him run barefoot through brush as punishment. Jay gave the guy a change of clothes, a shower to wash in and some cash. Jay was obviously touched, trying to pursuade the guy to goto the police. The guy had said that his parents sent him there because he got busted for pot and a DUI. Jay gave the guy a ride the next morning to the bus station were the guy got on a bus to dallas where his parents were at. I sincerely hope that he got to his parents.

Today that place is a ghost town, you will see people over there but maybe 2 or 3 cars and the gate is wide open. The place scared me, I am 23 now and am glad to have never experienced such a place. I was doing a search on the internet and this forum was one of the first sites. Obviously, there is more bad stories about roloff homes than good stories.

Rumor does have it, that they will reopen soon though...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: I had no idea...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
Goes to show how RIGHT your initial intuitions were!

(If they never re-open, it'll still be too soon.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »
They had millions of $$$ Now its gone .......What goes around comes around, abuse kids and it WILL come back to get you
The empire is gone and at least that location(there are more Roloff homes) cant hurt kids anymore.. It is amazing how many people old and young that are still haunted by that place. Sad,very sad.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
Please let us know if you see more activity there.  Thank your friend for helping a child in need.  It's more than a lot of us received.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »
This is the OP(original poster) ive been reading stories almost ALL DAY. As I write this im almost in tears. NO ONE here in Corpus Christi had no idea what was goin on there!

I went to a christian school in Ingleside Tx, about 30 miles from Rebbekah. I went from 99-04. It wasnt a "boarding school" though my parents sent me there because they wanted me to have a Christian education. My mom is 58 and she has told me bout the Roloff homes and the problems. Today I told her bout this website and she agreed about the contreversy over them. I really wanted to tell her bout all yallls probs there but she kinda ignored it. I have the Lord Jesus Christ in my heart but I agree that the hardcore FUNDAMENTALIST pastor/assholes are the problem. I drink beer with my friends but I feel closer to the LORD everytime I talk to HIM. I grew up with TV, I did have sex before I was married, my mom knew this stuff. I did get a DUI before I was saved. ARRRGH  im just really hurting for yall. I live so close to Rebbkah, I didnt expect to have a whole forum dedicated to the survivors. I didnt know it was so bad,  :( makes me sad. Im only 23 like I said. Many of yall were sent there for smaller reasons than me.)

Like I said I was sent to a chirstian school, but I remember somthing. Back in 2000 when I was at that christan school, I remember I got in trouble so I had to work(on PACEs) in the principals office, there was a troubled girl at the school, I deliberatly remembering the principal pulling out a flyer for Rebekah.  

Like I said I pass by that place almost everyday and honestly I felt an evil everytime. Now today that I did a search about the school im really heartbroken for you girls. Though, honestly somehow everyone around here knew that place was abusive. I wish the city of Corpus Christi could have done more, it really is beutiful down here, we got the beach, the aquarium and the fishing.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »
One of the best Christmases I had was spent on the beach in Corpus Christi.  For whatever reason, my parents did not come pick me up, or have me flown home.  So I went home with the school nurse & her family.  They are Filipino, the food was AWESOME and at some point we wound up at the beach digging up sand dollars.

Christmas with my own family wasn't necessarily pleasant as a general rule.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
Quote from: "hurrikayne"
One of the best Christmases I had was spent on the beach in Corpus Christi.  For whatever reason, my parents did not come pick me up, or have me flown home.  So I went home with the school nurse & her family.  They are Filipino, the food was AWESOME and at some point we wound up at the beach digging up sand dollars.

Christmas with my own family wasn't necessarily pleasant as a general rule.

Hey Hurrikayne, its the OP again, ill let you know if that place opens again! Where you going to rebekah when you went to the beach with the phillipino family?

[email protected]

DREW

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:08:56 AM »
"Rebekah" had officially been closed.  Yet, I was incarcerated on that little plot of hell anyway...so, yes and no.