Author Topic: Drumroll please...  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Drumroll please...
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
DRUMROLL PLEASE..................................................................................................................................

:rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0

Standby for epic news about epic program destruction......

I'm not gonna spill the beans but I promise you its good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Drumroll please...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:55:15 AM »
OOH.  I think I know what this is about!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »
Of this I have no doubts.

blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah..

there is a god... and he is a she.. and she is a hilarious stripper.

O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  

Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop DAAAA WHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Stand by for epic program disembowelment...

D + 22 hours and counting...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »
C'mon, man! The suspense is killing me!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »
Here's a taster.

The court finds it difficult to classify Benchmark as it disclaims status as a school and does not have
credentialed teachers, yet also disclaims status as a residential treatment facility/program. As the parties
have used the terms "school" and "students" through.çut their documents, the court will adopt these terms,
but notes that use of the terms is for the reader's ease only and without factual support.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »
another good bit:

After creating his website, Crawford sent an email to Longnecker at Benchmark on December 12, 2006, inviting her to review the website and advise him if it contained any inaccuracies stating: "I'd rather avoid the lawyers if at all possible. i am making an effort to be as accurate as possible and if for some reason i made a mistake i (sic) would rather have you correct me..." (Exh. 79.) Longnecker apparently did not respond to the email.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Oh.  And probably my favorite part of all (it's ginger's fave too, apparantly, as she pasted it to me while we were chatting earlier.

Benchmark contends that the alleged defamatory statements on Crawford's website have caused it to suffer a significant drop in new enrollments, from 51 in 2006, to 34 in 2007, and only 13 in 2008. As each enrollment is valued at approximately $60,000 per year, this translated into a substantial economic loss.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
statements on Crawford's website have caused [Benchmark] to suffer a significant drop in new enrollments, from 51 in 2006, to 34 in 2007, and only 13 in 2008. As each enrollment is valued at approximately $60,000 per year, this translated into a substantial economic loss.

:rasta:  :hug:  8)

You da man! Hey, and lest we forget, Che put himself out there too. In retrospect, all things having come down the way they have, I surely wish I had jumped on that plane and been out there with you.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
I surely wish I had jumped on that plane and been out there with you.
It would have been great to have you (and your creative mind) there...  I'm quite sure Benchmark would have loved you.  But maybe next time.  So which program is next?  I dunno.  Haven't been to a PFC protest yet.  That sounds good for me.  Maybe a PV protest with a bunch of us?  Maybe protesting WWASP parent premier seminars, handing out info on what the whole thing is about?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Another good quote...  then I'll post a document if people ask pretty please.

Here, there is little doubt that schools (facilities, treatment centers, residential centers, etc.) where parents place their troubled children are a matter of public concern.  Plaintiffs cannot make a serious argument against this proposition for to do so would negate the reason for their very existence. Indeed, Benchmark and "schools" like it are in existence because the public has found a need to find programs willing provide educational/emotional/social and other services to children, including those of legal majority, outside of the home. And the parties do not dispute the fact that the oversight of such facilities and protection of vulnerable youth is also a matter of public concern, prompting Legislative discussion, if not pending bills. Interpreting the First Amendment and section 425.16 in a manner 'favorable to the exercise of freedom of speech, not to its curtailment' (Briggs v. Eden Council for Hope & Opportunity, supra, 19 Cal.4th at p. 1119, fn. omitted), the discussion of Benchmark's program by a former student on a website, with warnings to prospective parents and students researching it and other locations, falls within the realm of public concern.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
You may have read the complaint...  but have you read my lawyer's response yet?  It's probably some of the best writing of any kind i've ever read.  Brilliant, brilliant arguments, and they write it so it's simple for even a lay person to understand.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
the Decision:
http://www.fornits.com/psy/CrawfordRuling.pdf

Verdict: I win, Benchmark loses.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
This is HUGE!

I want all the scardy cats who keep calling for us to calm down and not be so inflamatory to read this.

It's obvious from the tone of the judge's writing that it rankled him to admit it, but in the end YOU WERE RIGHT and WE, by extension, are RIGHT about this. Keep on raisin hell, folks! At the very least, you might give Miller Newton another heart attack!

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »
Congrats!  :trophy:
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »
Congratulations, psy!!! You, my friend, are on a R-O-L-L !!!
 :notworthy:  :notworthy:

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Benchmark contends that the alleged defamatory statements on Crawford's website have caused it to suffer a significant drop in new enrollments, from 51 in 2006, to 34 in 2007, and only 13 in 2008. As each enrollment is valued at approximately $60,000 per year, this translated into a substantial economic loss.

How can this be factually attributed to any one person alone? Many programs have experienced decrease in enrollment starting as early as a year ago. Several of these have, moreover, since then...closed. Someone posted on the Hyde forum last year that enrollment had dropped significantly since the year before...I think it was about 25%.

Economic crisis? Or, growing awareness amongst the consumer set? An awareness which is brought about in no small way by sites such as psy's, forums, blogs, etc. etc. ...not to mention that it was a hot topic legislatively last year, no small thanks to George Miller and all involved... Probably some combination of all the above. It might be key to strike while the iron is hot, and capitalize on the current larger momentum.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------