Author Topic: Was Cedu a wonderful place in the mid-1990s - 95-96? Anyone?  (Read 6466 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Was Cedu a wonderful place in the mid-1990s - 95-96? Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 03:57:48 AM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
With a large enough sample size you're going to encounter the entire spectrum. They sound like the 'true believer' type.

After looking through classmates.com I noticed that two peers who were good friends back then have 'cats' listed as their favorite hobby/interest. 1 is a guy. Assuming it's not some sort of inside joke between these two class mates I find this to be almost more disturbing than programmies.

Looking forward to more of your work Liam.

Hey, Mr. Ailurophobe, I have cats listed as an interest on my classmates.com profile, too. Be careful or I'll mail you the girls' litterbox leavings.

Sincerely,
Mr. Cat Daddy

P.S. Niku says you're a faggoty whore (unless you apologize by smooshing her kitty face), and the diva Pie says nothing, because she doesn't give a fuck.

nyaou, bitch. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »
Quote from: "guest"
Quote from: "Rugby Punk"
Quote from: "nashari"
CEDU was what it was.  It was neither a bad experience, nor a good one... but a place for people that had real problems, to come to and find a better, and a more meaningful life.  I attended all 3 of the CEDU schools from 93-96.  RMA, Hilltop, and CEDU.  From my experience, CEDU gave me beneficial tools to turn my life around after hitting the gutter and losing myself a few years ago.  The fact that you probably never even attended the school, but are just trying to make a profit on other people's misfortunes in their life, just shows the charactor to which you truelly are.  If you have a problem with anything I just said, you can always come down to Fort Bragg, NC and talk with me about before I deploy early next year for the Middle East to protect the freedoms of the free speech that you use so carelessly.

Hey nashari,
I gotta say, I have no doubt you got a triple dose of brain washing smack down being at 3 Cedu sister schools!
Glad you got some positive experience out of it. Personally, it was kind of a wash for me. I got some good friends out of it, but wasted a valuable 2 years getting mindfucked. I was there with Liam, he did indeed attend Cedu in one of its most brutal periods. Also, since I'm an Army vet with Combat zone experience, and apparently, we get to choose whose freedoms we fight for - I choose to fight for Liam and his right to say whatever he so chooses. cool. thanks. Be safe. Remember you're over there to watch your buddies back and not so you can defend someone's political agenda.

Very well said.  Never ceases to amaze me how those that brag about "protecting freedom of speech" get so ticked off and self-righteous when one uses that freedom to express a dissenting opinion.

Triple dose?  :sue:  I got kicked out of RMA and was part of the class that shut down Hill Top.  I am sorry if your experiences in the 80's were not anything but mindfucking.  That is really sad to hear, since being a Vet, you should know that the situations you find youself in is up to you to how you handle them and the outcome.  You act like this is a fight, when there has been nothing but opinions stated here... so if you want to fight... pick up a rifle, get back to training and head back to the desert.

AIRBORNE.
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »
TAC

Truce -  I'm still dealing with the 3 pallets of gorilla shit that were fedexed to me last week.

http://www.shitsenders.com/order/

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 01:48:39 PM »
CEDU was what it was.  It was neither a bad experience, nor a good one... but a place for people that had real problems, to come to and find a better, and a more meaningful life.  I attended all 3 of the CEDU schools from 93-96.  RMA, Hilltop, and CEDU.  From my experience, CEDU gave me beneficial tools to turn my life around after hitting the gutter and losing myself a few years ago.  The fact that you probably never even attended the school, but are just trying to make a profit on other people's misfortunes in their life, just shows the charactor to which you truelly are.  If you have a problem with anything I just said, you can always come down to Fort Bragg, NC and talk with me about before I deploy early next year for the Middle East to protect the freedoms of the free speech that you use so carelessly.
I have been on this site for a long time, but if you see the drought between my posts you can see that I was indisposed for awhile. Valentine was the headmaster when i got to CEDU in 95, and the reason I got to spend time at so many of the schools, was because I never reformed to the ideals that they tried to teach.

? So you got beneficial tools from Cedu but you never reformed to their ideals? What does that mean exactly? What about their tools was so helpful? Looking back I see those tools as being taught for the purpose of encouraging the habitual defamation of ones' self and others. Starting with the truth it was taught that an indicator of mental and emotional health was how deeply and erratically we were experiencing our emotions. From a traditional psychological/therapeutic perspective that would be the complete antithesis of mental and emotional health. It seems obvious to me that running your anger and your judgements is not an act of cleansing at all, just the opposite. It was an act of self destruction, and I think that is why they taught us to believe them.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »
Nashari, you mentioned beneficial tools. What specific tools were beneficial? I'm serious. Because every person I've asked has never been able to specify the tools applicable to an emotionally healthy life. In fact, no one has ever posited a single tool at all. They just say, they have "tools."  Of course, at CEDU, every day was Hammer Time.

I certainly know that the communication techniques I learned at CEDU would deep six any chance of healthy relationships.   I can't say that it got me in touch with myself as the entire program depends on obfuscating the truth and changing your story to meet exploitative purposes. I couldn't "get real" because they re-wrote my history... I couldn't achieve the goals in the propheets because they weren't mine.... mine were beaten to pulp to fit the presiding Facilitator's schema.  In fact,the truth was a lie, the children belonged to somebody else, the brother's keeper was a rat, the dream was anyone's - but not mine. And so on and so forth.

So, what tools did I learn? Nothing emotionally practical.

How about you?
hanlea

Offline LS

• View Profile
    • http://liamscheff.com/daily/cedu-documentary/
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »
Please see the post on the Synanon program that really is the Cedu program -

http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 61#p318031

Some Cedu tools: Leveling wild, derrogatory accusations without evidence, disappearing behind veils of self-righteous hostility, and then, of course, the all-exculpating penance of emotional purging.

Synanon too. Go figure. Two programs for the price of your youth.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
I learned a lot of tools at RMA.

1. Polaski
2. Axe
3. Sledge and Wedge
4. Mall
5. Two man saw
6. Bark Peeler
7. Post hole digger
8. Hatchet

Although I can't rightly say I use any of them now. San Francisco doesn't have a big need for forestry skills.

protect the freedoms of the free speech that you use so carelessly.

How does one use free speech carelessly? They forgot to leave the safety on? They run around the room with it unsheathed? They don't use a surge protector? Free speech means you can speak freely, i.e. say what is on your mind. I think the only way you can be careless with it is to do the proverbial yelling "fire" in a theater.

Nashari, I think you mean "take for granted." You may speak *freely*, but I think you need some assistance when it comes to speaking *well* and using accurate turns of phrase. But maybe that's just this language nazi's opinion.

Did we have free speech at CEDU? I'll have to think about that for one thousandth of a second.

As a CEDU bastard, I am thankful every motherfucking day for the right to speak my mind, and I think I can also speak for the rest of us in here that we know what it's like not to be able to do that. Definitely not as horrific as one of the way-too-many muslim outhouses leaving their ass-stains all over the middle east, but we've had our share.

Anyway, stay frosty in the rancid, shithole litterbox that is Iraq. I spoke with an ex-marine who got back from there a while ago and he said it was the biggest mistake of his life, and showed us some pretty fucking horrific slides to back that up. Hopefully all of you folks will be coming back soon.

War is hell.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 12:34:02 AM »
while we're on the military note...

"pick up a rifle and head for the desert"....this 'war on terror' is a joke.

If I had my druthers, I'd role the dice and try to carpet bomb the shit out of them all at once but we can't... so we're just sending our 19 year olds into their jihadist meat grinder.

I&Me workshop - lifeboat theory - Malthus...

there's only room for 7 on the raft  - the rest have to perish? yes they do. It's you or them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:56:34 AM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 12:46:27 AM »
TAC

4. Maul not mall.....stay with the group please.

There's an old growth forest  on the underside of the Golden Gate Bridge that needs some trimmin.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 12:51:24 AM »
Seven??  Your peer group must have been HUGE!

Ours was pretty sizeable. (25) and we had four. Oh lord did the "you live, you die" voting escapade take forever. My legs were numb by the end of that, and I almost fell over from exhaustion. Oh noz, I'm going to drown in... the carpet in Walden. Stupid boat.

I always refer to that as the titanic exercise, since that ship didn't have enough lifeboats for everyone, either. First class gets priority, everyone else... it's every man for himself.

TAC

4. Maul not mall.....stay with the group please.

There's an old growth forest on the underside of the Golden Gate Bridge that needs some trimmin.

Actually, it can be spelled either way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maul

I like to spell it mall, because it defies the pun.

Oh.. and the lifeboat exercise was the summit workshop.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:49 AM »
Summit ?

really?

fuck i hated those workshops.

Offline Rugby Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »

Triple dose?  :sue:  I got kicked out of RMA and was part of the class that shut down Hill Top.  I am sorry if your experiences in the 80's were not anything but mindfucking.  That is really sad to hear, since being a Vet, you should know that the situations you find youself in is up to you to how you handle them and the outcome.  You act like this is a fight, when there has been nothing but opinions stated here... so if you want to fight... pick up a rifle, get back to training and head back to the desert.

AIRBORNE.

hey. Nashari, I get it. You're amped up on adrenaline. All Huuah! and gung-ho and ready to rock and roll. No, I don't want to fight you. That's not the point at all.
I think maybe I, and echoing everyone else on here - are very worried for you. The fact is, being a vet, I realize that the choices were NOT totally up to me and how I handled them as much as the fact of being a tool (speaking of useful tools) of some shitbags in Washington. To a degree, yes, you watch your buddies back and they watch yours. But you know what? When your numbers up, its up. A random IED or RPG and click, that's it. You have more of a chance over there of that happening then sitting cozily here. Why be over there due to someone else's half-baked agenda when you COULD be sitting cozy back here? Duty? I understand that. You did sign the papers, you're in for the long haul. Just don't have any illusions about how far your duty and loyalty lie. Be there for your buddies and not for some criminal leaders.
Speaking of criminal leaders, apparently most of them left before you got to Cedu. So explainath your milquetoast experience. You had several chances (1. RMA, 2. Hill Top, 3. Cedu ) to realize that something was very wrong, but apparently that didn't click then and it won't now. Or, sticking by my earlier statements, the brainwashing hasn't worn off.
Again, be safe.
he Fog of Cedu RS 89-91

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 02:22:53 AM »
From one cult 2 another :soapbox: