Author Topic: Was Cedu a wonderful place in the mid-1990s - 95-96? Anyone?  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Was Cedu a wonderful place in the mid-1990s - 95-96? Anyone?
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:56:24 PM »
I've gotten two responses, people who seem to know each other, from 95-96, who are particularly starry-eyed, quite positive about the experience. One admits the raps, 'bands' (bans), propheets, and aparently all other agreements stood, but claims to still 'thank her parents for sending her there.' The other, from a male, seems to admit nothing of the details.

I have interviewed Cedu people through the mid-90s, but no one from 95 or 96. I have heard from late 90s Cedu, and Mt. Bachelor people, who describe the place as identical to highly similar to the early 90s.

Was there some period of lighter rule in 95? Was R. Bentz gone at that moment? Or, is this a case of two people who were, dispositionally, 'good fits' for Chinese communist cult-brain-washing techniques?

The woman who wrote me talked about 'all the love in the room', a phrase used regularly after a bloody, intestine-shearing, intellect-battering rap, or soul-destroying propheet.

Am I now encountering the true believers?

I want to ask these folks if they too were made to smush with Steve L? Carl Janowitz? Rudy Bentz? Guy Bonano? Was that part of the 'love in the room?' (Not for me, thanks!)

I am moving into more reading of the history of these programs, to see if roots can be found and tracked. Will be updating the blog with more soon.

regards,

LS
http://liamscheff.com/daily/cedu-documentary/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: Was Cedu a wonderful place in the mid-1990s - 95-96? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »
With a large enough sample size you're going to encounter the entire spectrum. They sound like the 'true believer' type.

After looking through classmates.com I noticed that two peers who were good friends back then have 'cats' listed as their favorite hobby/interest. 1 is a guy. Assuming it's not some sort of inside joke between these two class mates I find this to be almost more disturbing than programmies.

Looking forward to more of your work Liam.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »
Yes Liam, I was there at that exact time. I would know whoever you talked to. It does not surprise me to hear that there are still avid supporters from my era, but that would not change the history and tactics from my perspective, just reinforce my belief that they refined their skill over time. Rudy Bentz, Carl Janowitz were not there. The other staff you mentioned were. I'm happy to discuss it with you, contact me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:15:50 AM »
Hi, Thanks, will do this week/end,

Some interesting notes from 'the Straights' pages on the web, and some 'brainwashing' definition sites.

This excerpt, from the Straights pages (http://www.thestraights.com/theprogram/theprogram.htm), tells the story of forced confessions. True, false, either way, forced, and made in front of dozens or hundreds.

This is the familiar scene for the pre-rap 'lug' show, and the rap itself:
"Destructively, the confessions were often read aloud in the peer Group of 200 other boys and girls--stripping many kids of their feelings of worth as a man or woman,  and perhaps driving many to suicidal thoughts and attempts--as we shall see momentarily.  Many Straight clients have  no drug problem at all. Many clients are forced or cajoled into admitting drug usage they had never done.

So state so many of the people who've sat for interview. And then, many forced confessions were true events, and intensely, irreperably violating for being coerced, publicly.

What are these strange programs, and where do they come from? Forcing confession is as old as humanity, in wartime, in breaking an enemy. How did it get into the 60/70's counter-culture, as a 'self-help' tool, for these crazed, abysmal heroin-addicts? The author of the 'straights' pieces likens it to communist-era, Chinese/Maoist programming.

And the following points - all that 'dirt' (their absurd word), and nothing done - people telling the most horrible, morose, bloody, wretched stories of personal abuse by adults, babysitters, even parents - and not a thing, not a damned thing done about it - except more exploitation:

There  are reports that Straight has failed to report incidences of incest in  families as required by state laws.  Alleged reports of incest may be prove to be true or false.  Why has Straight been slow to report allegations  of incest?   In other words why would Straight  want to keep data on children who have allegedly had sex with a parent but not tell state officials?  The program has the sexual confessions,  the parents continue to pay money.   What would you tell your mom knowing someone had some embarrassing data about you?  What would you tell a district attorney?    

And then the 'whos' and 'whats'. Affluent white kids! Amazing. This being the consistent target group for American cults, regarding both Cedu, the Straights - and others?

And what is the Chinese/Mao connection? Reading? Fashion? 60's counter-culture Bullshit?

Since Straight specialized in admitting affluent white kids,  many of the kids' parents have high-level security clearances.  Have the written confessions been safe-guarded?  Are parents of kids who have signed Straight confessions security risks?  Could an unscrupulous Straight official sell the confessions of the child a high-level government worker to a Communist Chinese intelligence officer? "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »
I've invited a couple people who posted what I'll call "happy Cedu" memories at my blog, to come here and get into some of the details. They have not yet shown up, but I hope they will. I emailed both personally and asked them over to the fornits free-for-all.

So, Darren, and Jacki, 95-97 Cedu inmates, and defenders of the program - please, have your say. I have many questions for you, better suited for this space then my blog, though I will keep the conversation linked, and updated.

Thank you!

Liam

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
CEDU was what it was.  It was neither a bad experience, nor a good one... but a place for people that had real problems, to come to and find a better, and a more meaningful life.  I attended all 3 of the CEDU schools from 93-96.  RMA, Hilltop, and CEDU.  From my experience, CEDU gave me beneficial tools to turn my life around after hitting the gutter and losing myself a few years ago.  The fact that you probably never even attended the school, but are just trying to make a profit on other people's misfortunes in their life, just shows the charactor to which you truelly are.  If you have a problem with anything I just said, you can always come down to Fort Bragg, NC and talk with me about before I deploy early next year for the Middle East to protect the freedoms of the free speech that you use so carelessly.
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 11:01:55 PM »
Nashari

According to your user profile you've been on fornits for several years. That said you've probably seen at least a few of my anti-program posts. I say this right out of the gate to let you know my intent isn't to engage in the usual mindless fornits flame war.

I don't have a problem with anything you said. I'm interested in understanding everyone's opinion of the place.

I'm curious about a few things you said in your post:

The fact that you probably never even attended the school, but are just trying to make a profit on other people's misfortunes in their life, just shows the charactor to which you truelly are.

I don't understand who you are speaking to when you say this. Would you mind clarifying?

2. What circumstances led to you attending all 3 schools?

You have my complete respect and gratitude for your military service. I have several friends and family members in active duty. My gratitude to those in active duty  isn't generated from the fact my friends and family are in harm's way. I mention their relation to me to point out that fact that I'm getting the real story about our 'war on terror' from reliable sources.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »
The word from emails received is that Bill Valentine took over after 94 or 95, raps were reduced to twice weekly, meds were distributed, and perhaps there was a shift in the SHQ (Sadism and Humiliation Quotient).

Who can verify, add, subtract, or otherwise illuminate the Cedu 95, Bill Valentine-era experience?

There were still Propheets, Raps, Disclosures, Fulltimes, Smushing, 'Story-telling', etc, until the end - that's not in dispute. I have spoken with three ex-staff, two critical of the program, one highly complimentary of the program, and the planks of the show remained the same throughout.

But, what were some of the differences? I interviewed, earlier in the project, someone who was there, I believe, till 94 or 95, but it sounded exactly precisely the same as 88.

Anyone from the mid-90s? Write back here, or at my research blog:
http://liamscheff.com/daily/cedu-documentary/

And since the question seems to be begged, a few posts above, Yes, I was a prisoner of Cedu from 88 to 90. That's well known, and many have been interviewed already who know me and the project. There is even video public and available, for the sake of making known the hidden history, the details of the program, to people going through it at present, or who are dealing with the pain of the past.

No, this project has cost money, not earned, though I'm not complaining, and am grateful, for personal reasons, for the opportunity to do the work. I also have no bias against capitalism, and if this project ever does become lucrative, it would only increase the possibility that more people could tell their stories in book, tv, film form.

And no one has to fight for my right to free speech. When it comes down to it, I'll fight for that myself.

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 06:59:59 AM »
I have been on this site for a long time, but if you see the drought between my posts you can see that I was indisposed for awhile.  Valentine was the headmaster when i got to CEDU in 95, and the reason I got to spend time at so many of the schools, was because I never reformed to the ideals that they tried to teach.
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »
ohhhhh

Your comment about not attending and making a profit was directed at Liam...

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »
Quote from: "nashari"
I have been on this site for a long time, but if you see the drought between my posts you can see that I was indisposed for awhile.  Valentine was the headmaster when i got to CEDU in 95, and the reason I got to spend time at so many of the schools, was because I never reformed to the ideals that they tried to teach.

There is a chance I may know you. We probably only crossed paths briefly. Did you also go thru Ascent? (NWA was Cedu right?, wasn't it really close to RMA?). I remember Bill Valentine, but he barely showed his face. I remember him in one rap, but basically non-existent. Just curious, right bfore I "graduated" Ascent they pressured me to go to RMA. They were telling me they had bbq's and it seemed like they were enticing me to choose it, but I said I wanted to go back tto CEDU RS cuz my friends were there. I think Ascent was pretty new when I went there , started in94' I think, but haven't heard much on it. Were u a Cedu RS grad?

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »
That's comical.

They were 'selling' the new fringe schools to the recently wilderness centrifuged students in order to ramp up attendace #'s.

BBQ's my ass.

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
ascent, was actually privately owned before i started at RMA, and I actually went to SUWS, which i think was a much more beneficial program than ascent ever could have been.  I was at CEDU for 95 and graduated in june of 96... so it is quite possible that you may have known me.

Offline Rugby Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:42 AM »
CEDU was what it was.  It was neither a bad experience, nor a good one... but a place for people that had real problems, to come to and find a better, and a more meaningful life.  I attended all 3 of the CEDU schools from 93-96.  RMA, Hilltop, and CEDU.  From my experience, CEDU gave me beneficial tools to turn my life around after hitting the gutter and losing myself a few years ago.  The fact that you probably never even attended the school, but are just trying to make a profit on other people's misfortunes in their life, just shows the charactor to which you truelly are.  If you have a problem with anything I just said, you can always come down to Fort Bragg, NC and talk with me about before I deploy early next year for the Middle East to protect the freedoms of the free speech that you use so carelessly.

Hey nashari,
I gotta say, I have no doubt you got a triple dose of brain washing smack down being at 3 Cedu sister schools!
Glad you got some positive experience out of it. Personally, it was kind of a wash for me. I got some good friends out of it, but wasted a valuable 2 years getting mindfucked. I was there with Liam, he did indeed attend Cedu in one of its most brutal periods. Also, since I'm an Army vet with Combat zone experience, and apparently, we get to choose whose freedoms we fight for - I choose to fight for Liam and his right to say whatever he so chooses. cool. thanks. Be safe. Remember you're over there to watch your buddies back and not so you can defend someone's political agenda.
he Fog of Cedu RS 89-91

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 01:13:30 AM »
Quote from: "Rugby Punk"

Hey nashari,
I gotta say, I have no doubt you got a triple dose of brain washing smack down being at 3 Cedu sister schools!
Glad you got some positive experience out of it. Personally, it was kind of a wash for me. I got some good friends out of it, but wasted a valuable 2 years getting mindfucked. I was there with Liam, he did indeed attend Cedu in one of its most brutal periods. Also, since I'm an Army vet with Combat zone experience, and apparently, we get to choose whose freedoms we fight for - I choose to fight for Liam and his right to say whatever he so chooses. cool. thanks. Be safe. Remember you're over there to watch your buddies back and not so you can defend someone's political agenda.

Very well said.  Never ceases to amaze me how those that brag about "protecting freedom of speech" get so ticked off and self-righteous when one uses that freedom to express a dissenting opinion.