Author Topic: New Horizons for Young Women closes  (Read 626 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New Horizons for Young Women closes
« on: October 13, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »
New Horizons for Young Women is gone due to hard times where there is no house to loan money to imprison your teen for.

On our datasheet you can find a link to the press release. Their webpage - one of the more informative - is also gone.

It seems that the "bad" programs close and the "worse" programs downscale.

Baba's daugther is out of job!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: New Horizons for Young Women closes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »
Quote from: "Jacqueline Danforth"
As an alumnus I have a deep attachment to this industry...

I wonder why she omitted mentioning the program she was an alumnus of, lol.

Quote from: "Rosne"
It seems that the "bad" programs close and the "worse" programs downscale.

Yup. That is something certain people ought to keep in mind, as they attempt to make a go of this industry via a "philanthropic" route. Willow Creek also folded recently, did it not?

Here is that press release:

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Posted: Oct 12, 2008

New Horizons for Young Women
Orrington, ME

New Horizons For Young Women Closing

Audrey Peavey
207-992-2424
[email protected]

October 10, 2008

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

New Horizons for Young Women started in 2001 with the vision of creating a supportive and nurturing outdoor therapy program for teenage girls, their families and its employees. We just completed our third CARF accreditation process and were given another three year accreditation with two exemplary comments from the surveyor. We feel that New Horizons for Young Women has been a leader in innovative contributions to girls programming in wilderness therapy. New Horizons has served over 300 adolescent girls and their families.

With this information in mind, it is even more difficult to announce that New Horizons for Young Women will no longer be able to continue to serve adolescent girls and their families as of October 10, 2008. Our last student was discharged on October 9th. As we all understand our economy is struggling and the families that we provide these needed services for are being impacted. Since the end of August our admissions have ceased and our phones have stopped ringing. New Horizons for Young Women cannot sustain during this economic crisis.

I wanted to write to all of you from my heart. Many of you know me and my story. As an alumnus I have a deep attachment to this industry and the alternative choices we provide for families. As an owner I have seen this industry grow and continue to grow to a level I am very proud of. New Horizons for Young Women has had the honor to be on the forefront of supporting ethics and community within the industry. I have seen ethics being revisited, the understanding that you can conform to regulations and still be creative and the sharing of information and transparency between colleagues. I have been so fortunate to have gained the most incredible education and relationships from this industry.

The closing transition is a difficult one and I am asking the industry to please understand our circumstance and know that I had the privilege of working with the most incredible employees and colleagues dedicated to helping our clients and their families.

Thank you for all the support you have given us in the past seven years.

Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Danforth
Founder

Copyright © 2007, Woodbury Reports, Inc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------