Author Topic: YOU! STOP BEING LAME AND HELP A SISTER OUT!  (Read 1835 times)

Offline along comes mary

• View Profile
YOU! STOP BEING LAME AND HELP A SISTER OUT!
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »
Hujambo mimi rafikis,

If you are a student, parent, or former staff from HLA, I need your help! Just a few sentences will do. I'm not asking for a thesis(!), but I KNOW you have SOMETHING to say!

I recently started a topic "To All Parents: This Concerns You," to help parents looking at HLA get an idea of what it is actually like there, without having to parse through any of either the belligerent anti-HLA rantings or the pro-HLA propaganda.

To do this I need (YOUR) first hand testimony of(YOUR) experience there!

Many of you are ex parents, students, and staff, and many of you don't want another kid to go through what you went through or saw happen.

WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE IF YOU CAN"T BE BOTHERED TO HELP A KID WHO IS FACING THE VERY THINGS YOU ARE DENOUNCING HERE?  

PLEASE, go to the "To All Parents.." topic and contribute a few words pertaining to your personal experience with HLA. Just do this one good thing and I, on behalf of the universe, will relinquish you from any philanthropic obligations for the week!!!!! (Maybe it will be cathartic?)

I'm not ordering you to post this minute, but just to think about what you wish someone had explained to you or your parents before the decision to send you to HLA was made... and then post THAT!

Final clarification: Do NOT post your responses HERE (on this thread), but on the topic entitled, "TO ALL PARENTS: THIS CONCERNS YOU" in the HLA forum.

Please feel welcome to contact me for any reason(!).

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed and to everyone who will!

~Mary
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
And then along comes Mary
And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality
From where she got her name
And will they struggle much, when told that such a tender touch of hers
Will make them not the same

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: YOU! STOP BEING LAME AND HELP A SISTER OUT!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »
Quote from: "along comes mary"
WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE IF YOU CAN"T BE BOTHERED TO HELP A KID WHO IS FACING THE VERY THINGS YOU ARE DENOUNCING HERE?

I admire what you're trying to do. For years many survivors and ex-parents provided their personal experiences, many are still in the archives, just have to dig them out.

But, let me give you some facts about Fornits. Fornits is not, and has never been about "denouncing" programs or the industry. It is not an anti-program site. It is not a pro survivor site. Fornits is about providing an open free-for-all, social experiment with no guidelines or rules. You have to decide if it's worth your time to try to accomplish anything useful or productive here. Threads will be trolled, derailed, survivors outed by staff, and ex-staff and trolls protected by the management. Don't provide any personal information to anyone, not even administrators.

My best advice to you, is do this somewhere else that is safe. Create your own forum and link to it here. Or start this project at a moderated forum such as
http://fican.freeforums.org/unqualified-staff-t20.html
You could even request to Moderate the HLA forum there.
http://fican.freeforums.org/moderating-forums-t35.html
You can always c/p info from here to there, or link to relevant posts here.

Good luck, whichever direct you take. Your goal is admirable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »