Author Topic: Midwest information-help needed  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Midwest information-help needed
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »
Yo..

I'm looking for anything anyone might have regarding these comments:

3 Full time staff members at Midwest Academy including Howard V. were placed on the State of Iowa Child Abuse Registry in February 2006 as a result of an Iowa Department of Human Services Investigation of their actions towards at least one student who is my son. I believe this facual circumstance could be representative of the short comings of the entire organization. Make your own judgements. Interesting that Midwest Academy is not a licensed or registered school in Iowa. It exists based upon the homestudy program of the local Keokuk High School. You have to wonder what the connection between the local High School and Midwest Academy actually is.... And why. Midwest Academy exists because it is an unregulated facility in Iowa with no external supervision or licensing. Just ask for proof and you will find out just as I did. Don't take their word for it.
    Just ask who the credentialed teachers and administrators are, how many credentialed or simply college degree carrying teacher assistants there are for the total number of students and you will learn pretty fast for yourself what this place is... "a warehouse for kids" owned by an organization that markets to desperate parents" is my opinion.

It came off this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=11024&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Midwest+Academy&start=30

Any help or suggestions on how to find information on this specific item is appreciated. ISAC and Heal have very little on the specific facility of Midwest and apparently nothing on the item of three employees being on the Abuse registry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Midwest information-help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:09:24 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)