Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 1753 times)

Offline SilmarilOne

• View Profile
Goodbye
« on: July 29, 2003, 11:07:00 PM »
Just wanted to say goodbye to anyone who knows me around here.  I can't look at these message boards anymore, it's too upsetting, I've ended up in hospital several times recently partly due to PTSD from Straight, and it is exacerbated by too much exposure to forums such as these.  

Thank you very much to those who have supported me and tried to help, and I hope you will stay in touch privately.  

I have tremendous respect for those who are working to shut these places down, and I hope someday I will have the strength to face my feelings more fully, and help.  I'm ashamed and guilty not to be able to do anything, I feel as if I'm running away, but I don't know what else to do, I'm going to kill myself if I continue to think about this stuff.

--thomas--
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
o trees have been harmed in the sending of this message.  However, several thousand electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 12:53:00 AM »
this is sad, i'm sorry to see this

but if it is for the best then cool

i hope to stay in touch with you

::heart::

morli

Offline jackie

• View Profile
    • http://http://groups.msn.com/TIMETOCLOSETHEDOORSOFELAN
Goodbye
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »
Hi Thomas,

I don't know you, but I feel like I do...I hope I'm not out of line by posting this...I wasn't in straight, however I was in Elan...There are times that I feel I must take a break as well from the message boards as I too have ptsd, and I'm quite sure there are many who do...Just know that you are thought of and prayed for by many...I hope if you are around to read this, that you keep in mind that you did not deserve what you went through...To me, if I hurt myself, or do anything negative to myself because of what I went through during my experiance, then I feel that I am letting "them" get the best of me...Please understand that I too have many physical scars to show. To me, they have had far to much of me for me to give them anymore...I don't know how long it's been that you've been "out"...Keep in mind though, that your not a bad person if you leave the sites, Take care of yourself and do what you need to do for yourself, okay? Take care and try to enjoy life as you have it now...

Jackie :roll:
ackie

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »
Sorry to see you go, but if it will keep you alive, then by all means. You should check back sometime if and when you ever feel up to it...

FR13

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 01:58:00 AM »
Thomas,
I am a survivor from So Cal....Possibly you read my profile...I am now a practicing therapist...I spent years of my own therpy working through the trama and PTSD.  Hang in there....There are good professionals out there...and there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!
Be Well
Nicole

Offline SilmarilOne

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 02:01:00 AM »
wanna be my therapist?  :silly:
o trees have been harmed in the sending of this message.  However, several thousand electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
Goodbye
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »
Hi again,

I hope you find peace of mind and happiness in life.
Life is painful and full of hardships by definition.
At least that's how I've always felt.
Try to be positive and not let people get to you.

Like Morli said, if you need to get away from these posts, and they are resulting in more negative than positive - then you may not want to keep reading.  Keep in mind there are lots of us here who welcome you with nothing but kindness.

It is hard to be here sometimes - I experienced Hell in Straight, but have read much worse from others who've posted.  
Horrible, cruel things.

Take care of yourself Thomas, and know that many of us here went through a lot of the same shit that you did.
We understand some of it, and are happy to take the time to listen . . . and care.

May you find peace and joy in a long life.
Email me any time you need someone to talk with - many of us here will listen and not judge.
David
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an