Author Topic: Sarah Palin's Dominionist Ties  (Read 10456 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Beware of The Icon
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »
Quote from: "Mormon Mary"
Quote from: "Froderik"
She knew Donnie; she was a little bit country...

I hear they have ties to a known religious cult.  :D

Groucho: Well whadaya say girls? Are we all gonna get married?
Woman: All of us? But that’s bigamy!
Groucho: Yes, and it’s big-a-me too. Let's be big for a change.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Sarah Palin's Dominionist Ties
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 12:26:05 PM »
Quote from: "Sutton"
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Sutton_family_retracts_Obama_story.html

September 06, 2008
Categories: Barack Obama
Sutton family retracts Obama story

Conservative bloggers have, understandably, spent some time in recent days chasing suggestive comments made by the former Manhattan borough president Percy Sutton earlier this year.

Sutton had suggested in an interview that a former Black Panther and advisor to Saudi royals, Khalid al-Mansour, had played some previously unknown role in Obama's pre-political life.

I wrote about the story in detail here; Obama's camp, apparently puzzled and eager to put the story to rest, flatly denied his knowing al-Mansour, and details of Sutton's account appeared not to make sense.

After I wrote it, al-Mansour also called me back, and said he'd never met Obama, and had no idea where the story came from; his only hesitance in denying it, he said, had been in contradicting Sutton, "a dear friend, his health is not good."

This evening, a spokesman for Sutton's family, Kevin Wardally, e-mailed over a statement that (because there's absolutely no other evidence for the story, and much that contradicts it) seems to put the story to rest for good:

The information Mr. Percy Sutton imparted on March 25 in a NY1 News interview regarding his connection to Barack Obama is inaccurate. As best as our family and the Chairman's closest friends can tell, Mr. Sutton, now 86 years of age, misspoke in describing certain details and events in that television interview.

We regret this unfortunate incident and we ask good conscientious people to extend compassion and grace to Percy Sutton, a man who has served America in many capacities; an officer with the Tuskegee Airmen in World War II and as a public servant who was the first elected African-American Manhattan Borough President.

Thanks, debunker and Sutton, for clarifying the source and details of that misconception. Hopefully, people of integrity will cease repeating that nonsense, even if for no other reason than a sense of compassion for Percy Sutton and a desire to allow him to live the rest of his days with some modicum of dignity.

I would also like to add, re. Obama's connection with Islam, that back then...after the Black Panther Party was significantly demoralized and stomped into the ground by excessive targeting by the police, illegal destruction of their property and records, not to mention jail time of participants on trumped up charges, infiltration by CIA informants and agent provocateurs, etc. etc. ...the next alternative for a young African American man of that era who wished to contribute to his heritage and community was to join the "back to Islam" movement. It was not uncommon; in fact, it was generally seen as a mark of good character back then, regardless of how you felt about Islam or any of its tenets.

Just something to keep in mind, along the lines of context within the time period in question.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
Referring back to the last dogemperor piece I posted, namely More info comes out on Palin and dominionism, Armageddon, and book bans (the 5th one of this series; dated September 12, 2008), here is an entry from the 'LIBRARIANS AGAINST PALIN!' blog, complete with comments up to today. There are many useful links, in case anyone is especially interested in this issue.

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

What Books did Sarah Palin want banned?
Thursday, Sep 4 2008

So, what titles did Sarah Palin attempt to censor from the Wasilla Public Library?

Short answer - I don't know. I am going to need all your help with this one.

I do have a couple of leads

- The best bet would be if we could get Mary Emmons to make a statement. However, she appears to be very media-shy.

- Ann Kilkenny was active in the backlash against Palin during the censorship battle, and also reported that Palin brought up censoring books at a city council meeting.

• I have e-mailed Kilkenny to see if she can recall titles, and have invited her to visit the blog.
  • Can anyone access the Minutes from the Wasilla City Council meetings? We're looking in the 1996-1997 time-frame.

- Another lead is the Frontiersman article regarding the book banning from 12/18/1996. I have not had any success in getting the original copy of the article, or any articles from the paper. Does anyone have access to it? To our friends in Alaska - microfilm/fiche?

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

=============================================================

12 Responses to "What books did Sarah Palin want banned?"

• SLISStudent Says:
    September 4, 2008 at 9:03 pm

Palin asked about censoring books with Wasilla librarian

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/ ... position=6

=====================================
  • Rex Says:
    September 4, 2008 at 10:55 pm

Check out this post:

http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sara ... p-nominee/

Comment #11 in the post has a list.

Is this "THE" list?
    Don't know.

Consider it a candidate.

• librariansagainstpalin Says:
    September 4, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Rex,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, this list is not accurate. While it is a list of commonly banned books, notice that it contains multiple Harry Potter books, which were not published in 1996. Therefore, this list cannot be viewed as credible.

• Will Says:
    September 5, 2008 at 2:15 am

Not sure how accurate this is…but here's what I've found:

http://www.cityofwasilla.com/Modules/Sh ... mentid=516

• Betty Barcode Says:
    September 7, 2008 at 5:44 pm

If you need pre-computers articles from an old newspaper, use WorldCat and ILL just like our patrons do! You folks are supposedly librarians–don't you know how to place interlibrary loan requests?

Surely it is one of these titles:

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=alaska ... t=advanced

Sheesh.

• rewinn Says:
    September 7, 2008 at 11:50 pm

Let me urge great care in this matter, especially as to purported lists of books Palin wanted banned.

It seems unlikely that such a list actually exists on paper or other media; although few would be more delighted than I were a verifiable instance of such a list be found, I am very confident that her opponent in the gubernatorial race would have produced it ere now.

It seems more likely that a false-flag operation, or mere careless excitement, could produce one or more inauthentic lists, the subsequent debunking of which provides Palin supporters with "evidence" that she's being unfairly attacked.

This may be an excellent example of the proposition that some things are simply not provable, because we don't keep written records of everything. It is, perhaps, an argument for more thorough information retention.

• rbhardy3rd Says:
    September 8, 2008 at 10:47 pm

This just appeared in Salon.com: List of books Palin wanted banned is fake.

Keep up the good work here!

• Ellen Says:
    September 9, 2008 at 2:49 am

Hi, I've also worked with Mary Ellen, when I was a library intern, after she left Wasilla. I would like to reinforce that she is a very professional, nice, and I think private person. She is not someone I knew well personally, but whom I regard highly as a professional.

I think in a profession that guards patron privacy, it is only right that she remain silent about the details of any private interactions she may have had with Palin.

What's public record, of course, is fair game. And that being the case, there should be no need of a statement from Mary Ellen.

Thanks to everyone still in Alaska who is busy unearthing bound and microfilm materials! Yes, we are information professionals and we will do what we can to get the most accurate information we can to anyone who wants it!

I think a call for the titles is beside the point, and only leads to "the list."

• M Says:
    September 9, 2008 at 4:47 pm

You asked about access to Wasilla City Council minutes. You can make a public records request - see http://www.cityofwasilla.com/index.aspx?page=217.

• K.Connell Says:
    September 11, 2008 at 6:10 pm

"It seems unlikely that such a list actually exists on paper or other media; although few would be more delighted than I were a verifiable instance of such a list be found, I am very confident that her opponent in the gubernatorial race would have produced it ere now."

You are correct. Such a "list/lists" does not exist. That is precisely why people who share your political persuasion were forced to fabricate one (them).

"It seems more likely that a false-flag operation, or mere careless excitement, could produce one or more inauthentic lists, the subsequent debunking of which provides Palin supporters with 'evidence' that she's being unfairly attacked."

Please. Do not insult the intelligence of all your readers. The very fact that there have been spurious "lists" of books Palin wanted removed from libraries IS evidence that she is being unfairly attacked. That is self-evident.

"This may be an excellent example of the proposition that some things are simply not provable, because we don't keep written records of everything."

Indeed. And some things are not "provable" because they are false. "We" cannot keep written records of fictional lists. Or fictional conversations. Or fictional motives. But that doesn't seem to stop "us" from discussing them, does it?

"Yes, we are information professionals…"

Really? How nice that you think so.

• J Says:
    September 12, 2008 at 9:27 pm

How nice of you to be so snidely condescending. Just because some overexcited Internet trawler made up a 'list' is not, in itself, proof that Palin is being unfairly attacked. It is NOT self-evident, and even saying so makes it obvious that you failed Logic 101 in school.
    Don't insult the intelligence of those here by trying to deal in absolutes.
    And really, why come to a site like this and make these comments anyway? You persuade no one, offer no evidence, and sound like a troll.
    What a waste of your time, and the time of those who read your inane argument.

• Mavrodaphne Says:
    September 14, 2008 at 2:26 am

Here's what I've been looking at:

1) Paul Stuart, former reporter and managing editor for 'The Frontiersman' (from April 1995 to December 1999), knew Palin and Mary Ellen Emmons. He was interviewed by Tom Eastman for the Conway Daily Sun (9/9/08) regarding an interview he had done with 'Good Morning America'. In the interview, Stuart said he 'told ABC-TV about Palin's attempts to have three books removed from the Wasilla town library because she felt they were not appropriate. "I don't remember the name of the third book, but two of them were 'Pastor I'm Gay' and 'Go Ask Alice," explaining they were pro-gay books. "I'm not sure if they came out or not, as Wasilla wasn't my town beat at the time, but she was furious," Stuart said."

The above-referenced 'Conway Daily Sun' article has been archived and can only be accessed by paid prescription, however, the title is: Local journalist who covered Palin interviewed by 'Good Morning America' Segment slated to air Tuesday, Sept. 9 - by Tom Eastman. There is also brief mention of this ABC News piece cited below.

Stuart has made this statment about the librarian: "Mary Ellen told me Palin asked her directly to remove these books from the shelves. She refused." (This statement can be googled for sourcing - there are several sites.)

2) From a NY Times article, 'In Office, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes' by Jo Becker, Peters S. Goodman and Michael Powell, 9/13/08:

"But in 1995, Ms. Palin, then a city councilwoman, told colleagues that she had noticed the book "Daddy's Roommate" on the shelves and that it didn't belong there, according to Ms. Chase and Mr. Stein. Ms. Chase read the book, which helps children understand homosexuality, and said it was inoffensive; she suggested that Ms. Palin read it.

"Sarah said she didn't need to read that stuff," Ms. Chase said. "It was disturbing someone would be willing to remove a book from the library and she didn't even read it."" (from page 3)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/po ... ref=slogin

3) From Boston.com, "Wasilla besieged by researchers" by Brian C. Mooney, September 10, 2008:

…one complaint was raised during Palin's six years as mayor, in 1997, but the book "Heather Has Two Mommies" by Leslea Newman, remained on the shelf, the report states."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/pol ... siege.html

4) Pastor Howard Bess, author of 'Pastor, I Am Gay' claims the Assembly of God (where Palin was a member) was pushing to remove his book from local bookstores.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5766173&page=1

(Mavrodaphne note: I've read Bess would give the library copies and have to resupply them because they wouldn't be returned.)

The only book mentioned here that doesn't have a homosexual theme is "Go Ask Alice" - that's about a teenage girl and drugs (and entails casual sex). I'm not sure how much we rely on Stuart's claim there were 3 books Palin wanted banned based on him saying "Go Ask Alice" was a pro-gay book and he couldn't remember the name of the third book. That leaves "Pastor, I Am Gay".

The remaining books, "Daddy's Roommate" and "Heather Has Two Mommies" follow the homosexual theme. So if there really were three books Palin wanted banned, there's documentation for it.

Finally, a quote from Charlote Glover, Alaska Chapter Councilor of the American Library Association:

"I can tell you that the facts coming out about Sarah Palin are absolutely true. I know the librarian in question and the entire story may never be told as the librarian is guarding her privacy for several reasons, but IT IS EVEN WORSE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE."

…"the facts speak for themselves and that you need to know that they are indeed, facts, and not tabloid gossip."

http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6593135.html

I am not computer saavy and this has literally taken me hours to compile. I hope you will be able to use some of the material and wish you the very best of luck.

—A former member of the Northfield (Minn.) Public Library Board

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
And here's an editorial from about a week ago, posted on Library Journal (by the Editor-in-Chief) about the censorship/book banning issue:

--= = -=0=- = =-- --= = -=0=- = =-- --= = -=0=- = =--

Editorial: Palin Strikes Fear in Libraries
The more we hear about Palin, the less we trust her
By Francine Fialkoff, Editor-in-Chief, http://www.mydebate.org. As that Alaskan moose warned, BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
Wonder what happened to Buzzkill and her merry band of men in white hats, errrrr.... I mean coats?  And why would anyone give themselves a name like Buzzkill?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Pleasure Avalanche
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
Quote from: "Buzzie"
Wonder what happened to Buzzkill and her merry band of men in white hats, errrrr.... I mean coats?
Maybe she has better things to do......like Sarah Palin!  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Pleasure Avalanche
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »
Wonder what happened to Buzzkill and her merry band of men in white hats, errrrr.... I mean coats?
Maybe she has better things to do......like Sarah Palin!  :D

;D   ;D

You're a sick man.   :sue:   I like that in a person.

(holy shit!  the 'code' for the jism guys emoticon is : sue : ??  ROFLMFAO!!!!!)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
Wonder what happened to Buzzkill and her merry band of men in white hats, errrrr.... I mean coats?  And why would anyone give themselves a name like Buzzkill?

I cannot actually speak for BuzzKill, but up until this latest software version on fornits, she always had an avatar of an anole (small brown/green insect-eating lizard; many species). I suspect it was the consumption of insects (buzz gets killed), rather than the more colloquial usage of the term, that inspired her moniker...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »
Quote from: "diovmfo"
You're a sick man.
Why yes, yes I am!  :sue:  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »
Quote from: "diovmfo"
You're a sick man.
Why yes, yes I am!  :sue:  :D

:D  :D  ;D

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
Here's the 6th piece on Sarah Palin by dogemperor.

This post includes:

• More info on the attempted book-ban--and its theological connections
  • More evidence of theology and policy mixing
  • Palin's connections with Gothard--and queenmaking by the heart of the "Joel's Army" movement

--= = -=0=- = =-- --= = -=0=- = =-- --= = -=0=- = =--

New revelations re Palin and dominionists
by dogemperor
Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 04:57:48 PM PDT

Much like the US Postal Service, neither rain nor snow nor 70% of my hometown's power infrastructure being eaten by Ike will stop me from posting the latest on Palin's connections with dominionists.

We've posted before on her initial outing as a dominionist stealth candidate, her links to "Joel's Army" including Alaskan state funds being used for groups promoting apocalyptic theology, and her attempt at a back-door book ban in conjunction with a crusade by one of her home churches.

Today, we find out even more info on the book-ban attempt giving further proof that Palin has not dropped her links with Joel's Army--and if that weren't enough, there's some very telling evidence from the horse's mouth.

dogemperor's diary :: ::

More info on the attempted book-ban--and its theological connections

Recently, a new article in Salon gives more disturbing info regarding Palin's attempt at an end-run against Wasilla Public Library's book-challenge policy--and more evidence that this was part of an attempt by several dominionist churches, with Wasilla A/G at the front, to purge LGBT-supportive books from both libraries and bookstores.

Since the initial links between Palin and neopente dominionist groups (including two separate Assemblies congregations linked to the "Joel's Army" movement as well as a third "independent" neopente denomination also promoting Joel's Army theology) have come out, there's been quite a lot of spin control--including claims that she left Wasilla A/G because it was "too extreme" (despite apparently having appeared regularly at Assemblies churches, including Wasilla A/G and at the district H/Q even as late as June 2008--four years after she claims to have left; not in a pattern fitting with someone leaving a church because of claims of being "too extreme").

Unfortunately, the Salon article would seem to prove the lie to this--with info indicating Wasilla A/G not only supported her but actually proclaimed her as the chosen candidate of "Joel's Army"--whilst carefully warning their parishoners to keep mum to the press:

WASILLA, Alaska -- The Wasilla Assembly of God, the evangelical church where Sarah Palin came of age, was still charged with excitement on Sunday over Palin's sudden ascendance. Pastor Ed Kalnins warned his congregation not to talk with any journalists who might have been lurking in the pews -- and directly warned this reporter not to interview any of his flock. But Kalnins and other speakers at the service reveled in Palin's rise to global stardom.

It confirmed, they said, that God was making use of Wasilla. "She will take our message to the world!" rejoiced an Assembly of God youth ministry leader, as the church band rocked the high-vaulted wooden building with its electric gospel.

The article gives some very revealing information regarding the hostile environment that Wasilla A/G tried to create:

When it was published in 1995, Bess' book caused an immediate storm in the Mat-Su Valley, an evangelical stronghold dotted with storefront churches. Conservative ministers targeted the book, and the only bookstore in the valley that dared to stock it -- Shalom Christian Books and Gifts – soon dropped it after the owner was barraged with angry phone calls. The Frontiersman, the local newspaper that ran a column by Bess for seven years, fired him and ran a vicious cartoon that suggested even drooling child molesters would be welcomed by Bess' church.

(Of note, the equation of paedophiles and LGBT people tends to be all too common in Assemblies churches--here's an example from my own hometown.)

There's also some info indicating that the attempt to go around the Wasilla Public Library's book-challenge policy was in fact inspired by the ongoing Joel's Army fatwa against "Pastor, I Am Gay" (which even extended to the point of literal pickets against bookstores daring to carry the book):

And after she became mayor of Wasilla, according to Bess, Sarah Palin tried to get rid of his book from the local library. Palin now denies that she wanted to censor library books, but Bess insists that his book was on a "hit list" targeted by Palin. "I'm as certain of that as I am that I'm sitting here. This is a small town, we all know each other. People in city government have confirmed to me what Sarah was trying to do."

And--as it turns out--her reported membership in "Feminists For Life" and statements on being virulently anti-abortion also directly influenced her policies in Wasilla--and in a different way than the infamous "make them pay for their own rape kits" way.

More evidence of theology and policy mixing

The article also notes an attempt to steeplejack community hospital boards, combined with an attempt to effectively ban abortion in the borough--one which led to the state of Alaska stepping in and ruling it unconstitutional:

Soon after the book controversy, Bess found himself again at odds with Palin and her fellow evangelicals. In 1996, evangelical churches mounted a vigorous campaign to take over the local hospital's community board and ban abortion from the valley. When they succeeded, Bess and Dr. Susan Lemagie, a Palmer OB-GYN, fought back, filing suit on behalf of a local woman who had been forced to travel to Seattle for an abortion. The case was finally decided by the Alaska Supreme Court, which ruled that the hospital must provide valley women with the abortion option.

At one point during the hospital battle, passions ran so hot that local antiabortion activists organized a boisterous picket line outside Dr. Lemagie's office, in an unassuming professional building across from Palmer's Little League field. According to Bess and another community activist, among the protesters trying to disrupt the physician's practice that day was Sarah Palin.

Another attempt at governmental steeplejacking firmly linked to Palin was what may well have been the very model for her attempted run as a dominionist stealth VP--namely school boards, a target for dominionist steeplejacks-by-stealth since the Christian Coalition's early organisational days in the early 80s.

Even worse, there are indications she has answered the question on whether or not she followed dominionist--and specifically neopentecostal dominionist--theology in governmental decision-making:

Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. "She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board," said Munger, a music composer and teacher. "I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, 'Sarah, how can you believe in creationism -- your father's a science teacher.' And she said, 'We don't have to agree on everything.'

"I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"

As bad as this is, there is still far worse.

Palin's connections with Gothard--and queenmaking by the heart of the "Joel's Army" movement

Recently, links have been found between Sarah Palin and one of the more distinctly coercive "Joel's Army" groups out there--namely, Bill Gothard's "International Association of Character Cities", one of a veritable hive of frontgroups run by Gothard:

According to articles in today’s Daily Oklahoman and Washington Post, when she was mayor of Wasilla AK, Sarah Palin "spearheaded" efforts to establish the town as as "a community of character" via the International Association of Character Cities (IACC). What these stories don’t mention is that the Oklahoma City-based IACC is a secular front for Chicago millionaire evangelist Bill Gothard.
    . . .
1) When she introduced the "Character Cities" program in Wasilla, did then-Mayor Palin inform other council members that it was a front for Bill Gothard?

In 2006, Arizona State Treasurer David Petersen was forced to resign after getting busted for accepting commissions for implementing Gothard’s Character Training programs in the Grand Canyon state.

2) Has Sarah Palin received any income from the IACC or other organizations affiliated with Bill Gothard? Are she and "First Dude" Todd Palin going to release their tax returns as Joe and Jill Biden have done?

As The Beacon and others seek answers to these and other questions, we respectfully urge Governor Palin, good Christian that she is, to seek guidance from the Character Council of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky’s "Character Quality of the Month" for September 2008: TRUTHFULNESS.

The links with Gothard are particularly disturbing. Gothard's nest of fronts are among those directly provable to be running training camps for "God Warriors With Guns" and also have a history of links with "Christian nationalist" secessionists and racists. This is, of course, on top of actively infiltrating police and other public safety agencies to convert those to wings of "Joel's Army", and the promotion of religiously motivated child abuse so extreme that it's been linked to murder-suicides due to those being tortured finally snapping.

And...disturbingly..."Joel's Army" certainly seems to be getting the signal on their own end, as she is explicitly being promoted even more on their ends.

One example comes from Fire In My Bones (yes, "Joel's Army" groups love fire imagery) literally comparing Sarah Palin to the Biblical prophet Deborah. The original post seems to have been pulled, but the article was reportedly published in Charisma Magazine, and what is available is disturbing indeed:

A prominent evangelical figure in the U.S. this week said Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin is a modern-day incarnation of the Biblical prophet, Deborah - primed to miraculously slay her nation's enemies on the battlefield.

Writing in his influential magazine, Charisma, editor J. Lee Grady likened the 44-year-old Alaskan governor to Deborah, the Old Testament prophet "who rallied God's people to victory at a time when ancient Israel was being terrorized by foreign invaders."

Evangelicals who don't support Charisma worry that J. Lee Grady has not only embraced Sarah Palin as a prophet, but in 2005 heartily endorsed Todd Bentley, the disgraced B.C-based faith healer.

Yes, you're reading this right; Palin is now being actively promoted within Joel's Army circles as being one of the very generals of their holy war.

And the article notes just how bluntly the point is being made:

As Grady wrote in this week's column, the gender of the Old Testament prophet Deborah "didn't stop her from amassing an army; she inspired the people in a way no man could. She and her defense minister, Barak, headed to the front lines and watched God do a miracle on the battlefield."

Grady continues: "In her song in Judges 5:7, Deborah declares: 'The peasantry ceased, they ceased in Israel, until I, Deborah, arose, until I arose, a mother in Israel'... Sometimes it takes a true mother to rally the troops."

Even worse, she's being promoted as a walking, talking prophecy-in-the-flesh by those promoting holy war with America by the same author:

Talk about a role model. Palin’s life is a prophecy to America. She doesn’t have to preach against abortion. She and her family, even with their flaws, are the embodiment of the compassionate pro-life values America desperately needs to adopt.

Even worse yet, there's reports that Joel's Army and other dominionists are literally making imprecatory prayers for McCain's death...so Palin can be president.

The explicit promotion of Palin as a latter-day end-times prophet is disturbing indeed--and a dangerous sign, a strong sign that Palin getting close to the Presidency could have the whole world's fate riding on it.

Tags: Religious Right, Scandals, Military, Abuse, Children, Dominionism, Alaska, Bill Gothard, cults, Assemblies of God, child abuse, separation of church and state, religion, hate groups, Elections 2008, GOP, Republican Party, Presidential Elections 2008, censorship, Extremism, Apocalypse, Red Scare, Joel's Army, 2008 Elections, John McCain, Sarah Palin (all tags) :: Previous Tag Versions

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
The information Mr. Percy Sutton imparted on March 25 in a NY1 News interview regarding his connection to Barack Obama is inaccurate. As best as our family and the Chairman's closest friends can tell, Mr. Sutton, now 86 years of age, misspoke in describing certain details and events in that television interview.

Did you look at the footage of Mr. Sutton's interview?  Old dude seemd pretty sharp to me. Do you honestly believe he didn't know what he was talking about? That he has forgotten how he first heard of Obama? That he pulled Al-Monsour's name out of some dusty corner of his memory and falsely attached it to his memory of how and why he wrote a letter of recommendation for a young man he had never met? (and Spring Creek Lodge isn't WWASP, don't cha know) Sorry, but that is the rankest bullshit. But, hey, this is America, your free to believe it if you want to.

Where did I go someone asked; I had a few things to do today, as Fro suggested. :)

BuzzKill - Whats up with that, someone asks: This has a multi-faceted meaning for me. You can take it however you want. I did once have a really cool anole icon. I wish I had it back. I do have another one but I can't get it to upload. To bad for me I guess.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"

Did you look at the footage of Mr. Sutton's interview?  Old dude seemd pretty sharp to me. Do you honestly believe he didn't know what he was talking about?

I believe he's a very old man with dementia that gets easily confused.  Much like McCain.

But, hey, this is America, your free to believe it if you want to.

Well, gee.  Thanks.

BuzzKill - Whats up with that, someone asks: This has a multi-faceted meaning for me.

Which would be.......?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 01:32:49 PM »
Did you look at the footage of Mr. Sutton's interview?  Old dude seemd pretty sharp to me. Do you honestly believe he didn't know what he was talking about?
I believe he's a very old man with dementia that gets easily confused.  Much like McCain.

He is clearly an old gentleman. He has the speaking pattern of an older person. But what he says is sharp and articulate. I see no sign at all of old timers disease having removed his memory or shuffled his deck.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EcC0QAd0Ug

Here's another clip of him. The sound is not great but there is no problem telling what is being said.
I think it is deplorable that the Obama campaign would falsely claim the old guy is demented to cover up for the worrisome assoication of their candidate.

But, hey, this is America, your free to believe it if you want to.
Well, gee.  Thanks.

Your welcome. But your making a terrible mistake.

BuzzKill - Whats up with that, someone asks: This has a multi-faceted meaning for me.

Which would be.......?

As I said, You can take it however you want. What it means to me is mine.

The following link is to an article with the same clip as posted above at the bottom of the page; this link plays it with clear sound, so I thought I'd include it.

http://http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/obama_sutton_saudi/2008/09/03/127490.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:38:29 PM by BuzzKill »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
He is clearly an old gentleman. He has the speaking pattern of an older person. But what he says is sharp and articulate. I see no sign at all of old timers disease having removed his memory or shuffled his deck.

I disagree.

I think it is deplorable that the Obama campaign would falsely claim the old guy is demented to cover up for the worrisome assoication of their candidate.

Way to read the fucking article there babe.  Sutton's OWN FAMILY put out the statement.

Your welcome. But your making a terrible mistake.

And I would say the same to you, but I expect that coming from someone who still believes in adult fairy tales.  And I think that's really the problem here.  The evangelicals are so skeert of the big, bad, black man "takin' mah guns, rapin' are wimins and eatin' babies" that they can't see straight.  

Calm down.  Relax.  Smoke a bowl or something.  He's not gonna force you to have an abortion or call you to prayer 5 times a day.  Sheesh.  Talk about fear mongering.

As I said, You can take it however you want. What it means to me is mine.

And I'm asking what that meaning, to you, is.  From your postings, I take it as you shit all over what could be a good time.