Author Topic: What is known about Heaven's View Christian Boarding Academy  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What is known about Heaven's View Christian Boarding Academy
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:51:29 AM »
What is known about Heaven's View Christian Boarding Academy?

It look like a Roloff facility but we cannot be sure. It is located around Wayneville, MO.

From our datasheet (not finished):

Communication
No contact with the detainees the first 30 days. After this period of isolation the detained girls may receive calls from home every two weeks. But the right to calls can be revoked if the staff orders it. There is no info whether the phone calls are monitored.

Parents are allowed to visit their daugther after 3 months. However the visits can also be terminated by decisions of the staff.

Home visits are decided by the staff [1].

Education
The facility uses the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) workbook curriculum provided by School of Tomorrow [2]. School of Tomorrow requries that just one person in an entire school be "certified" to use the curriculum. This certification is NOT from any state agency. It is issued by School of Tomorrow. This enables schools to use the curriculum without having any certified teachers by the State.

Religious
The detainess are mandated to attend the church - Grace Covenant Christian Center - the facility works with regardless of their religious belief.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline zapperwhapper22

• View Profile
Re: What is known about Heaven's View Christian Boarding Academy
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »
I went there for about
1 year and a half and wrote a lot of what's on that link currently.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:37 AM »
Good work.

Do you have any knowledge whether some of the staff have a past in other religious schools?

I dont know how many detainees they have in their program, but we have learned that some leave the program quiet abandomed because most programs means living in a bubble with little contact to the real world, so we generally recommend that some create a group for survivors of the program so they can bond. None outside would understand how the programs function. High school kids dont even think that such programs exist. So if you want to create such a group on either yahoo, msn, myspace or facebook just publish it here so the wiki page can get a link to the survivor group. It will help future survivors from a lot of struggles.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 04:42:04 AM »
"Heaven's Link"... I guess the name "Heaven's Gate" was already taken...

Offline zapperwhapper22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:42 AM »
Um, actually there are no DETAINEES.
This program HELPS people.
People such as yourself who try to make it sound like Heaven's View is bad, is ruining the great program it is, and also you are ruining a lot of people's lives who could have been helped.

So many people have been saved by Heaven's View. The POINT of Heaven's View is to teach the kid how to cope after Heaven's View.

Please don't label any groups "SURVIVOR" groups. You've never even been to HV how could you be so quick to label.

Before I went to Heaven's View, I was confused and had to self worth. Then people showed me the love of God and now I am more happy and free because of it. The day I came to Heaven's View I was lost and confused, wearing eyeliner and had messy hair in my face... acne all over my face, overweight, unhappy confused and angry. I left free, fit and healthy, with self worth and balance in my life. I only would like more people to go to Heaven's View, because it teaches so many people the right way to go. And most everything negative on the internet about it is lies.

My parents have not cared about me. I thought all grown ups were dumb and hypocrites but the staff at Heaven's View truly are honest and are GREAT examples. I don't know if they've been to other "religious" schools as you label them. But I know some have worked at other schools.

And whoever was trying to be funny, this is not a cult.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 08:14:37 AM »
Im glad to hear it. I assume that the girls there may freely communicate with the outside world then? They can refuse to go to any prayer services? Their parents can take them off campus without much fuss? If not then they are detainees regardless of how much heavenly good the school does