Author Topic: Hospitals of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s  (Read 3224 times)

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
Hospitals of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »
Were you treated in a "hospital" in the 70s,80s, or early 90s. that has been closed down or not (my tormentor is still open for business)? If so, where were you? Were they big on 5 point restraints for extended periods of time, and isolation techniques? Did you ever wonder what the hell they did in their team meetings.

I used to be scared to death of what would come out of the team meetings. I remember that was where they would decide who went on chair or room therapy or who could come off of it. When that door opened you knew there could be something awful around the corner.

I have often wondered what happened to the other alumni. Are they alive or dead. If you are out there then please speak up. I was in Texas where Devereaux, Brown, and hospitals were the places to send your loved one who needed "mending". I thing Texas was the worst of the breeding grounds for these places at that time. Am I right? You could go in as an innocent person and come out 1-2 years later very knowledgeable about how best to commit suicide, or how best to cheek meds, what drugs provided the most fun. How to have sex in supervised places. You definitely knew what sleep deprivation felt like since there were 15 minute bed checks. Someone was always shining a flashlight in your eye.  Did you study ways to get out of your window, and find none.

I was at three hospitals in the Houston area that were not too bad as far as abuse went.  Then there was Dallas, the mecca for all things bad. There were lots of hospitals there if I recall correctly. People would start at a short term one and get transferred by a "staff" physician to another hospital he was at that was longer term (like a year or two or three).

iamartsy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »