Author Topic: Getting Records From PV - URGENT  (Read 11997 times)

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Re: Getting Records From PV - URGENT
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
My first request for records was denied using the catch all term of "clinical necessity" as the reason. The family therapist told me it was because treatment team was afraid I would "use them against the program in a slanderous way". Hmmm...
When my daughter turned 18 she made another request for the records and was able to get them for just under $200.00.
As xEnderx stated, there are copious notes. Incidents are documented by several different people, and I was startled by the number of conflicting accounts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline xEnderx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44:56 AM »
Bear in mind that notes written by different people about the same situation may be different if they are not properly trained in how to write an objective behavioral progress note. Given the lack of required experience or credentials for line staff, I highly doubt that all of them are capable of writing a quality progress note. That alone is reason enough for a parent to have second thoughts about sending their child to this facility. Abuse and all the horror stories aside, if the staff that is responsible for the day to day care of the patients can't even write an objective note do you really think they are going to provide the level of care you'd expect to receive for the outrageous PV cost?

Offline xEnderx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
Email received while on vacation.

[qoute]Hello Mr XXXXX, I received your email this morning but did not receive the release forms I sent you. Your email indicated you had attachments but they were not there. I will wait on those to request your chart from our off site storage provider. I would be able to count the pages at that time. Again if you have any questions you may call me at the number below. Thanks.

Debra Montooth

Peninsula Village Medical Records

PO Box 100, Jones Bend Rd

Louisville, TN 37777

865-970-3255, option 1, option 2

1-800-255-8336, optionn 1, option 2

fax: 865-970-1812[/quote]

So it looks like you can find out in advance how copious their record keeping is. My next psych appointment is on the 17th of this month, so I'll be attempting to have the records released to my therapist once that time is reached. Either way, this should give folks a better grasp of the ease (or lack of ease) involved in obtaining records.