Author Topic: Bitch gets owned by communicable disease  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Bitch gets owned by communicable disease
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »
Randall Hinton was a shitty pizza maker.  Too much pepper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 07:17:15 PM »
Quote from: "Little Judas Chango"

:D  too funny!

Ok. I'll break this down once. This, btw, has nothing to do with who deserves what. This  has to do with the nature of a fornitsticator's response, or anyone else's who has a grasp on what the TTI is about. It's probably obvious.

1. A staff is a person who applied for the job and wants to work there, regardless of their intentions. They also get paid. Not a whole lot, but they do.

2. A detainee is someone who never wanted to be there, and if they do get money, it's around a dollar a week.

Naturally, one can see why there would be a bit less compassion for person #1.

The end.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
Quote from: "Little Judas Chango"

:D  too funny!

Ok. I'll break this down once. This, btw, has nothing to do with who deserves what. This  has to do with the nature of a fornitsticator's response, or anyone else's who has a grasp on what the TTI is about. It's probably obvious.

1. A staff is a person who applied for the job and wants to work there, regardless of their intentions. They also get paid. Not a whole lot, but they do.

2. A detainee is someone who never wanted to be there, and if they do get money, it's around a dollar a week.

Naturally, one can see why there would be a bit less compassion for person #1.

The end.

So anyone who wants to better themselves, work with kids and get a job is wide open for ridicule by fornits posters.  I think there should be more compassion for this person.  The detainees at least had a choice of cleaning up their act several times before being placed (in most cases).  If kids dont want to be in school but are forced to attend does this mean they have the right to abuse their teachers because the teachers get paid? or abuse their parents becasue they have a paying job?
The logic doesnt hold.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
Quote from: "ScrapButler"
So anyone who wants to better themselves, work with kids and get a job is wide open for ridicule by fornits posters.  I think there should be more compassion for this person.  The detainees at least had a choice of cleaning up their act several times before being placed (in most cases).  If kids dont want to be in school but are forced to attend does this mean they have the right to abuse their teachers because the teachers get paid? or abuse their parents becasue they have a paying job?
The logic doesnt hold.

I agree there should probably be more compassion towards staff members.  Personally, I see them as getting sucked into a system where they truly think they're helping kids and rationalize the more...  unsavory aspects of the job as the ends justifying the means, or even therapeutic (whether this excuses such things is a matter for god and the courts...  who am i to judge).  To a certain extent, I see them as true believers in a cult, just like many of the kids (who may end up becoming staff in turn)...  Many (but not all) have the best of intentions...   That being said, I can completely understand the hostility, and frankly, I don't really expect many others to share my opinion.  It's the nature of such things that some will always be bitter.  Doesn't make it wrong or right... it's just the way it happens.

And no, I did not always feel this way.  There was a time when I thought nothing could excuse a person from their actions...   Then i asked myself: can I really blame a person if they truly, in their hearts, thought what they were doing was the right thing?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »
So anyone who wants to better themselves, work with kids and get a job is wide open for ridicule by fornits posters. I think there should be more compassion for this person. The detainees at least had a choice of cleaning up their act several times before being placed (in most cases). If kids dont want to be in school but are forced to attend does this mean they have the right to abuse their teachers because the teachers get paid? or abuse their parents becasue they have a paying job?
The logic doesnt hold.

Allow me to clarify, although I felt I was quite clear in my post above.

My assessment is not on whether someone deserves that, or should have that happen to them. I SAID that this is the rationale as to why survivors would have little compassion.

As for me, I have pretty much evolved into having full-blown apathy about those kinds of things over the years. I've tried to care, but I just don't anymore. I'm not pissed, happy, or feeling compassion. I feel pretty much nothing.

But I can never resist a bad pun. (are there any other kind?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
One lady I saw go into this isolation room to give a kid in there his meds or something, and we heard all this screaming and commotion. Of course all the staff went running but we had to stay there. They came back looking all freaked out! Later we were told that she got attacked by the kid. He was this autistic kid, but really big for his age and tall but totally not awake to reality in any sense so he was just locked in a room until they found somewhere else to send him. When she was giving him his meds he went nuts and scratched her all over her face like a wild animal. After that they started making everyone else keep their fingernails short. She was gone for a while but came back with a bunch of deep scratches down her face. It was pretty fucked up... having to look in the mirror at your messed up face, wondering why you picked that job.

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »
:o  ::fullofshit::  :jerry:  ::evil::  :moon:  :D  :D  :rasta:

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »
Quote from: "scratchity scratch"
One lady I saw go into this isolation room to give a kid in there his meds or something, and we heard all this screaming and commotion. Of course all the staff went running but we had to stay there. They came back looking all freaked out! Later we were told that she got attacked by the kid. He was this autistic kid, but really big for his age and tall but totally not awake to reality in any sense so he was just locked in a room until they found somewhere else to send him. When she was giving him his meds he went nuts and scratched her all over her face like a wild animal. After that they started making everyone else keep their fingernails short. She was gone for a while but came back with a bunch of deep scratches down her face. It was pretty fucked up... having to look in the mirror at your messed up face, wondering why you picked that job.

My nephew is autistic, and anyone who is trained and knows about autism knows about meltdowns. Obviously this person didn't, which sounds most likely it was because of  lack of training, and it sounds like this poor kid was also placed in a facility that knows dick about the condition. If I were her, I'd sue the shit out of her employer.

A lot of times, kids with autism, or any kind of sensory condition, are inappropriately placed, and staff are forced to care for them by the higher ups even though they don't  have the slightest clue on what to do. Who are truly to blame is administration who chooses to admit the kid to begin with. (check out the article "school of shock" in Mother Jones.)

Autism isn't about being awake or asleep to reality. It's about perceiving reality at volume 11. My friend (my nephew's father) likened it to living life on one big acid trip.

How's this for fucked up? There was a kid who most likely was autistic who went to RMA. (I say most likely cause I can only go off of my observations and what I know about it.) I briefly knew him. Can you imagine going through raps, propheets, workshops, and forced smushing with that kind of sensory condition?

criminal.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
I don't recall ever working with any autistic kids persay. I've met a couple and I've always been impressed with the people who work with them. Not the programmies and shit like that, but special ed teachers and so on and so forth. Of course this doesn't imply that all special ed teachers and counselors are great people. I'm sure there are plenty of douchebags out there that ought to be beaten in the parking lot.

The ones I met though...

God damn talk about the patience of Job scenario. Rough deal all around and yes I agree that the lady who got clawed should sue the bejesus out of the program. Further, the parents should sue the bejesus out of the program for their kid being put in an iso room.

Wtf.. who puts an autistic kid in an iso room? or is that sort of the standard method of dealing with their meltdowns?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
I would like to see the kids take over a facility quietly without anybody finding out, ala Camp Nowhere. Then they can force the staff into gladiator matches to the death. The winner of the gladiator matches will be set free, at least that is what they will be told to keep their fighting spirit high.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I don't recall ever working with any autistic kids persay. I've met a couple and I've always been impressed with the people who work with them. Not the programmies and shit like that, but special ed teachers and so on and so forth. Of course this doesn't imply that all special ed teachers and counselors are great people. I'm sure there are plenty of douchebags out there that ought to be beaten in the parking lot.

The ones I met though...

God damn talk about the patience of Job scenario. Rough deal all around and yes I agree that the lady who got clawed should sue the bejesus out of the program. Further, the parents should sue the bejesus out of the program for their kid being put in an iso room.

Wtf.. who puts an autistic kid in an iso room? or is that sort of the standard method of dealing with their meltdowns?

The kid who was at RMA was allegedly kept in a closet by his parents until RMA. (This was told to me by another RMA survivor who knew him for a few years. The apparently autistic kid was also there twice as long as everyone else, because he kept getting dropped peer groups.) He was never diagnosed, ever. This, however, is officially hearsay, since I was never in a rap with him or heard him talk about his parents or life prior to RMA. He graduated a week after I got there, and the first time I saw him was on the graduation stage. It absolutely horrified me, and was, to me, the most terrible thing I ever experienced at that place. He was given a huge round of applause, basically echoing my sentiment in a pseudo display of support. "We can't believe this kid survived our program." It made me sick to my stomach, and this was before I knew anything about autism. I just knew that in that week, not only had I been in raps, I also went through my Truth, so I had some idea of the hell that was in store for me, and was chilled that this guy had to go through it. Kudos to him that he pulled himself through the experience. THAT, my friend, is the definition of a true survivor.

And after he finally graduated? He was sent to Hilltop. (RMA's Benchmark) I know this because staff and students both stated this, and Lori Rist (I finally remembered who she was) came to work at RMA from Hilltop, and said that he was indeed there.

These are the kinds of situations that make me want to believe there is a hell, because if this is true, I want his parents to have box seats there.

The thought of my nephew being put through an ordeal like this makes me want to burst into tears and hit some inanimate object until it crumbles into motherfucking dust.

You want to see some criminal treatment of autistic kids in placement? Read this:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature ... shock.html

And watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5A_RxfdZzs

I'm not sure if the video segment talks about staff coercion (on dial up, still downloading) but there is a segment somewhere on the interwebs that talks about how staff were pressured to shock the kids even if they didn't want to. They were intimidated and  jobs were threatened. No excuse to abuse a kid for job security, but I think that all of us who have been in placement can attest to the power coercion has on your perspective and sense of morals. If memory serves, Matthew Israel is a big time follower of b.f. skinner.

There are lots of people who annoy me and I dislike, but there are truly few that I actually hate, loathe and despise. I don't even feel that way about the president. But Matthew Israel? I definitely want to put some serious hurt on that guy. Way more than strapping his own device to him and shocking him.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:47:58 PM by try another castle »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 09:42:52 PM »
As I have learned each case of autism is unique, they are like snow flakes, no two are exactly alike.  Although many share similar traits and limitations.  You have high functioning Aspergers on one end to severely disabled with low IQ on the other.  Most of the time when there is a melt down the child is extremely frightened and many have sensory issues, as someone mentioned going thru life at volume 11, very sensitive to certain sounds, visuals , colors, objects etc.

If anyone has ever had a bad experience with a hallucinogenic you know the level of freight I am talking about.  I have a family member with autism and we found out, along the way, that he also had a reaction to gluten which metabolized (or re-metabolized) in his system as an opiate.  So if he ate too much bread or food with wheat in it he would be spaced out for the whole day.  Once he was taken off Gluten he managed day to day life much better and is a smart kid today.
But Autistic children do not belong in boarding school environments, especially with staff who are not trained.  It is dangerous for everyone involved.  Autistic children “do” need behavior modification performed by people trained to work with autistic children, but in the home setting, where they feel safe and the family is working together to help the child.  Every town has local services close by which can be tapped into.

I am sure there are exceptions or severe cases which require the child to leave the home but a TBS would not be suitable for them either and from my experience would be damaging.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 09:58:54 PM »

I should probably speak to this,too.

When my parents were touring around looking for a childrens' home to place me in. (I was in one before RMA.) We went to several places which were referred to as "lock-ups". I can't really describe them too accurately. It wasn't a program. There was none of the psycho-babble cult bullshit. There were legit shrinks and social workers there. Although it was more designed for kids with social and discipline problems, as opposed to kids who suffered from a condition such as autism, downs, schizophrenia, or even bipolar. It obviously didn't seem too effective at treating anyone, really.

The conditions were still appalling. If kids "went off" (i.e. a tantrum) they were restrained and dragged to what was referred to as a "quiet room". When my parents and I toured, I witnessed one of these. Two staff were dragging a kid by the arms to one of the rooms, wrestled him in there, and locked the door. He was screaming and kicking. My parents were thankfully horrified.

The thing about these places is that they actually *make* you crazy. A kid who was merely a discipline problem, or even a full-on delinquent, and showed no signs of "going off"  behavior would suddenly start doing that sort of thing once they got there. Partially, I feel, out of a sense of extreme frustration, but also because the kids were pathologized to behave that way.

We liked to echo a well-known saying in the childrens' home (which was actually an okay place.) "If you expect me to be a monster, than a monster I shall be."

EDIT:
okay, the video finally downloaded, and I strongly encourage EVERYONE to watch it.
The link again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5A_RxfdZzs

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Lot to digest.. I'll put what is left of me battered old neurons to work on it. Totally fucked up.. but not unexpected. Anymore  programs have stopped being able to  surprise me with their cruelty.

Woe be unto the poor bastard that has the dubious honor of being the case that surprises me. Poor cunt.