Author Topic: Another AARC Graduate in the news  (Read 754 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Another AARC Graduate in the news
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »
Federal term sought for robber
By KEVIN MARTIN

The Crown will seek a federal prison term for a Calgary man who robbed a liquor store while serving a conditional sentence for a previous heist.

Prosecutor Susan Pepper said yesterday she wants provincial court Judge John Bascom to collapse the community-based term he handed Brett Michael Schmid in February.

Schmid, 20, pleaded guilty to robbing a Canadian Liquor Store on Shawville Gate June 28, and brandished a knife at clerk Harvinder Kalkat.

The case returns to court Aug. 26.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Another AARC Graduate in the news
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 06:57:45 AM »
Too bad they can not reach all the kids that attend AARC.  It would be curious to know how long he lasted after graduation before starting back on drugs and alcohol.  93% of the people make it thru their first year without releapse.  Was he part of this group or the 7% who relapse under a year?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:38 AM »
Quote from: "Nonamouse"

Too bad they can not reach all the kids that attend AARC.  It would be curious to know how long he lasted after graduation before starting back on drugs and alcohol.  93% of the people make it thru their first year without releapse.  Was he part of this group or the 7% who relapse under a year?

I would  guess he was part of the group that didn’t last the year because he either didn’t apply himself at AARC or went back to his old crowd which exposed him to conditions he should not have been so soon after graduation.    I didn’t see it stated that he attend AARC.  Where is that said?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »
Quote from: "intuit"
Quote from: "Nonamouse"

I didn’t see it stated that he attend AARC.  Where is that said?

My experience here says he never attended AARC.  If they can tie his name to AARC to discredit them they usually do not miss that opportunity in a post.  But lets wait and see what turns up.