Author Topic: Union and Kids Forever  (Read 5891 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Union and Kids Forever
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »
Why the Wizard chose to get a PhD from Union when there are many excellent schools in Canada, the University of Calgary, where AARC is located, having a clinical psychology PhD program in fact, is anyone's guess.  Is it just coincidence that Union gave Miller Newton his PhDs, as well as providing Sharon Wegscheider to endorse Kids?  Additionally, one of the staff at Kids of Southern California was a Union grad.

"The Union Institute is also accredited, but its degree requirements and standards for health-related doctoral degrees differ greatly from those of most traditional universities. Students design their own program, form and chair their own doctoral committee, and are required to attend only an introductory colloquium and a few interdisciplinary seminars. "
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/null.html

Here is another:
http://ggjacobsen.mbablogs.businessweek ... 700u1rzzs8

Here is another:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/2 ... 216158.htm

Here is a quote from the book "Nafta and Neocolonialism" by Laurence French and Magdaleno Manzanarez, 2004, in regard to the Union Institute:

"the PhD is also offered by a host of questionable colleges and universities.  The Union Institute illustrates this phenomenon.  Known as the Union for Experimenting Colleges and Universities, the Union Institute is a private, independent, nonprofit consortium authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant degrees.  It offers doctorates in a number of professional fields including education, psychology, the social sciences and theology.  The doctorate consists mainly of a project directed by the student him/herself.  Acting as their own dissertation committee "each learner prepares "Project Demonstration Excellence (PDE) which maay be a formal traditional academic dissertation, or may take other forms."  These other forms include a publishsable book, a unified series of essays or articles, a documented project of social change, or outstanding creations in poetry, theater, media presentation, dance, painting and musical compositions.  A Master's degree is preferred for admission to the doctoral program and no standardized test scores are required.  A Program Summary (subjective portfolio) comprises the course work.  It is a purely descriptive project reflecting the learner's development and program evaluation with a detailed statement concerning the meaning of the program to the learner.  This program is not recognized by the American Psychologial Association even though many pursue it's PhD in psychology."

"F. Dean Vause Ph.D.
is executive director of the
Alberta Adolescent Recovery
Centre (AARC), a center in
Calgary, Alberta that reaches out
to teens with addiction issues.
Vause has developed the AARC
model and fills the additional
roles of clinical director and
front line therapist. He is also
actively involved in raising funds
for scholarships that will enable
select peer counselors from
AARC to enroll in Union
Institute & University's highly
specialized baccalaureate program
with a concentration in
alcohol and drug counseling and
treatment center management."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Union and Kids Forever
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:32:27 PM »
The Union Institute is also accredited

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:47:10 PM »
If it is now ( and I'm still not satisfied it is, but just for the sake of argument), it hasn't always been that way.  I do believe (I'll let the fact checkers come along and verify this) that it was still the same diploma mill when Vause 'attended' as it was when Fr. Dr. (cough cough) Virgil Miller Newton 'went'.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
"The Union Institute is also accredited, but its degree requirements and standards for health-related doctoral degrees differ greatly from those of most traditional universities. Students design their own program, form and chair their own doctoral committee, and are required to attend only an introductory colloquium and a few interdisciplinary seminars. "
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/null.html

Here is another:
http://ggjacobsen.mbablogs.businessweek ... 700u1rzzs8

Here is another:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/2 ... 216158.htm

Here is a quote from the book "Nafta and Neocolonialism" by Laurence French and Magdaleno Manzanarez, 2004, in regard to the Union Institute:

"the PhD is also offered by a host of questionable colleges and universities.  The Union Institute illustrates this phenomenon.  Known as the Union for Experimenting Colleges and Universities, the Union Institute is a private, independent, nonprofit consortium authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant degrees.  It offers doctorates in a number of professional fields including education, psychology, the social sciences and theology.  The doctorate consists mainly of a project directed by the student him/herself.  Acting as their own dissertation committee "each learner prepares "Project Demonstration Excellence (PDE) which maay be a formal traditional academic dissertation, or may take other forms."  These other forms include a publishsable book, a unified series of essays or articles, a documented project of social change, or outstanding creations in poetry, theater, media presentation, dance, painting and musical compositions.  A Master's degree is preferred for admission to the doctoral program and no standardized test scores are required.  A Program Summary (subjective portfolio) comprises the course work.  It is a purely descriptive project reflecting the learner's development and program evaluation with a detailed statement concerning the meaning of the program to the learner.  This program is not recognized by the American Psychologial Association even though many pursue it's PhD in psychology."

"F. Dean Vause Ph.D.
is executive director of the
Alberta Adolescent Recovery
Centre (AARC), a center in
Calgary, Alberta that reaches out
to teens with addiction issues.
Vause has developed the AARC
model and fills the additional
roles of clinical director and
front line therapist. He is also
actively involved in raising funds
for scholarships that will enable
select peer counselors from
AARC to enroll in Union
Institute & University's highly
specialized baccalaureate program
with a concentration in
alcohol and drug counseling and
treatment center management."
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
The Union Institute is accredited.

Finally!!  it took you long enough.  You are starting to man up and report facts.  I like that.  keep it going.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »
Lazy, lazy sack of shit.  I was not arguing that the Union Institute was not accredited.  As I had posted a statement indicating that Union was accredited over a year ago, your post above indicating that this something new was at best an indication of just what a lazy, useless fuck you are, and at worst, one more example of what a dishonest degenerate kid-killer you are.

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:51:57 PM »
You mean to tell me you never repeat yourself here on fornits?  You never ask the same question over and over again to a person that doesnt even frequent fornits?

You use to go on and on about how The union Institute wasnt accredited and that it was a Diploma mill (until I cleared that up for you).  Asking question after question on fornits trying to figure out why the wiz choose the major he did.  But it never dawned on you that no one knew the answer to that except thewiz himself.  But you never quite figured that out.  If it were me I would speak to the guy directly, get the answer and move on, but you seem to avoid getting the facts for some reason.

I find your energy and constant avoidance of actually trying to get the facts fascinating.  You tip your hand to your level of frustration when you resort to personal attacks and foul language.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
JD, the Union Institute is a diploma mill.  That's why it continues to offer doctorates in psychology that are not recognized by the APA.  So even though I had clearly acknowledged over a year ago that Union was accredited, because you are lazy and dishonest, you pretended that this was new information, and that the issue regarding Vause and the Union Institute was accreditation, rather than the fact that his mail-order PhD is not recognized by the APA, and thus, to a reasonable person, would seem a rather dubious credential for someone operating a facility providing psychological treatment, in which they are performing psychological intervnetions.  Such as Dean Vause and AARC.  That Hasbara shit won't fly here JD.  The former clients reading and posting here already know the score, so you can't sway there opinion with your wretched dishonesty.  All you can do is temporarily disrupt communication.  There is no mass of people whose view of the situation can be altered by disinfo.  Wrong audience, JD.

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
JD, the Union Institute is a diploma mill.  That's why it continues to offer doctorates in psychology that are not recognized by the APA.  So even though I had clearly acknowledged over a year ago that Union was accredited, because you are lazy and dishonest, you pretended that this was new information, and that the issue regarding Vause and the Union Institute was accreditation, rather than the fact that his mail-order PhD is not recognized by the APA, and thus, to a reasonable person, would seem a rather dubious credential for someone operating a facility providing psychological treatment, in which they are performing psychological intervnetions.  Such as Dean Vause and AARC.  That Hasbara shit won't fly here JD.  The former clients reading and posting here already know the score, so you can't sway there opinion with your wretched dishonesty.  All you can do is temporarily disrupt communication.  There is no mass of people whose view of the situation can be altered by disinfo.  Wrong audience, JD.

Why are you so caught upon what people think.  I really could care less what the readers think here.  What is important is that you post what is factual and as long as you are dishonest with your postings I will be here to hold your feet to the fire and/or correct them for you.

Now that I finally got you to admit that The Union Institute is accredited you can move on to what qualifications are needed to run AARC.  What you need to do is establish the requirements and then compare them to what is being done to determine if there are any discrepancies.

So if running AARC requires a Masters in business then we need to look at that.  If you feel Vause needs certification of some sort then you need to post the requirements and then we can compare that to what Vauses credentials are.  The problem I think you are having is you are trying to dictate the requirements yourself with buy in from authorities.  I would think enough people have looked into AARC along with the fifth estate that if the guy wasnt qualified it would have surfaced.
But we will wait to see what you come up with before passing judgment.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
JD, again, there is no "we", threre is just you.  Readers of Fornits were of course, presented in the past with lies about Vause  Very specifically, Joanne Miller lied years ago, stating that Vause was a psychologist.  As has been stated ad infinitum, AARC maintained Alberta Report articles on their website for years in which Vause was falsely described as a psychologist.  His Union paper is not sufficient to qualify him to be a licensed psychologist.  Vause conducts psychological interventions at AARC and there are laws in our province that prohibit him from doing so without a license.  Silly B Mod Hasbaranik.

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »
JD, again, there is no "we", threre is just you.  Readers of Fornits were of course, presented in the past with lies about Vause  Very specifically, Joanne Miller lied years ago, stating that Vause was a psychologist.  As has been stated ad infinitum, AARC maintained Alberta Report articles on their website for years in which Vause was falsely described as a psychologist.  His Union paper is not sufficient to qualify him to be a licensed psychologist.  Vause conducts psychological interventions at AARC and there are laws in our province that prohibit him from doing so without a license.  Silly B Mod Hasbaranik.

I read somewhere that his intention wasnt to gain a certificate to become a licensed psychologist.  He was furthering his education to better run AARC.  People have written that he is a psycologist, but he himself does not market himself falsely.  He cannot control what others write about him... fornits is a prime example of that.  I may be wrong but I havent seen any evidence to the contrary.

I have seen people lie here on fornits many times about him.  The best we can all do is hold him accountable for his own words and actions.

I must say that your last post much more professionally done....working with more facts and very little personal attacks.  The discussion is moving along nicely.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
JD, again, too lazy to bother looking up the information pertinent to the issue at hand.  Not much wonder your son ended up as worm-food.  AARC falsely promoted Vause as a psychologist.  AARC maintained the Alberta Report articles on their website for years, and both articles contained the false claim that Vause is a psychologist.  He is required to be a licensed psychologist under the Alberta Health Professions Act in order to perform the psychological interventions that he does at AARC.  He is not qualified to do what he does, and it is thus against the law. By all means, look up the Alberta Health Professions Act, and judge for yourself.  The Hasbara strategy only works JD,if you have an audience that is unfamiliar with the facts.  What you do afford though, JD, is the opportunity to deal with someone willing to lie, and resort to any tactic in order to prevent the communication of facts.  You're like a fungo bat that pops up deception.  Not the same as a real game, but a close enough approximation to hone one's skills when dealing with an obsessed, deranged liar.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
Quote from: "program panderer"
I must say that your last post much more professionally done....
“professional”  I guess it would occur to a program shill to use that wording.
Quote from: "program panderer"
The best we can all do is hold him accountable for his own words and actions.
That goes for you too, whore.

Ajax13,
Worm food? You're as big of an ass as your foe here. Have you met RB?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »
Golly, you hurt my feelings.  I guess I'll quit trying to get the illegal practices at AARC to stop.  Sorry.  But seriously JD, your kid is worm food because you sacrificed him to B Mod.  Did Chuck Dederich appear to you in the form of a burning bush before you packed junior off to re-education?

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 05:40:37 PM »
Golly, you hurt my feelings.  I guess I'll quit trying to get the illegal practices at AARC to stop.  Sorry.  But seriously JD, your kid is worm food because you sacrificed him to B Mod.  Did Chuck Dederich appear to you in the form of a burning bush before you packed junior off to re-education?

That post wasnt mine.  But as long as you mentioned it, have you stopped playing porn in front of your kid yet?  Is he still acting out in school and getting low grades?  Are you witholding him from seeing a counselor because he will put DSS on you?
Is this how you like to communicate when you get busted and short on facts Ajax13?  Derail the thread and start attacking people , making things up?.... your MO, not mine.

Now after you calm down you can get back on topic.