Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Teen Challenge

TEEN CHALLENGE IS A CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Anonymous:
OH yeah, and the dude running the tallahassee cult has an AA degree in some farce religion studies.  Oh wow, he is so educated.  I wish I could have that AA degree...yeah, they are so hard to obtain.  You people are sick; no training, no education in counseling...just drug use experience, went thru the program and has obtained an AA degree.  What a fucking joke.

TheWho:

--- Quote from: "Guest" ---OH yeah, and the dude running the tallahassee cult has an AA degree in some farce religion studies.  Oh wow, he is so educated.  I wish I could have that AA degree...yeah, they are so hard to obtain.  You people are sick; no training, no education in counseling...just drug use experience, went thru the program and has obtained an AA degree.  What a fucking joke.
--- End quote ---

Last month we had a guy named Comet12 or Ajax13 (cant remember which) who was all over this person who had a PhD who he felt he wasn’t qualified to manage a program and now you feel a person with an AA degree isn’t qualified to run Teen challenge.
The proper direction would be to determine what qualifications are needed first!! and then compare them to the level of education the person has.  This guess work makes everyone here (especially yourself) look foolish.

There are many businesses who are run by people with only high school diplomas,  Look at Bill Gates he doesn’t have anything higher than high school diploma and he manages businesses fairly well.

Anonymous:
So this guy running the Teen Challenged program in Tally is the Bill Gates of drug treatment counselors?  LOL!  Maybe so, Gates was good at programming computers.  This guy is probably good at programming “his Teen Challenged clients”.   I guess if the goal of the program is to create adults that are dependent on Teen Challenged for self worth and emotional acceptance, then yeah, you are correct.  All a person needs is being able to take direction from the people higher up the feeding chain to run a Teen Challenge, no education, no thinking, no knowledge of medicine, etc.  

While some people in this world need assistance in dealing with life, statistics show (and let’s just say I have an inside track on these sorts of statistics in Florida) that age is the prime determining factor in stopping drug abuse, or crime, deviant behavior leading to arrest etc.   Florida has lots of young people entering prison, but nothing stops a person from returning to prison better than growing up.  Most middle age people are not out committing crime.  Same thing with drug use, abuse, etc.  People simply grow up, get different and more focused priorities besides smoking pot, snorting coke, excessive drinking, etc   I’ve talked to and corresponded with a number of “Teen Challenged” participants over the years….And why do you think I am even on the Fornits Forum?  I didn’t just stumble here and begin to pick on Teen Challenged; got first hand experience of these type places….I’ve lived it buddy.  So yeah I do know what it takes to run, direct, manage these types of places like Teen Challenged.   We just happen to live in the same town and I see you every day.  The Wharf restaurant was a far better place and use of your building.  An empty building is a far better use.   But if you want qualifications to be able to provide long term counseling to assist a child or young adult to become a successful adult, who may or may not have drug problems, then I would expect that a higher level of education and training is required than an “AA” degree and “he was a former client of Teen Challenged”.

Anonymous:
Oh and Guest, thanks for responding.  400+ views and not one person had the gumption or Initiative to respond before you.

Deprogrammed:
Anyone from teen challenge in Arkansas?
please pm me if ye are.
Thank you
-DP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version