Author Topic: Reasons why sex ed should be part of school and why we wish so  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Ok, lets see? Why do I wish we had sex ed instead of abstinence bullshit?

Condoms.

Thats right. They come in SIZES. I never knew that. I just thought having your head smashed down was part of the game, so to speak. I thought the magnums were just so men could compensate.

Man, I was wrong. I wish I had fucking learned this instead of having to eventually get exasperated and complain about it to a chick who was kind enough to tell me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Reasons why sex ed should be part of school and why we wish so
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
Well, we receive education regarding this subject where we are about 10 in our school system.

Some year later our teacher send us home to watch the Blue Lagoon because she suspected that some were slow learners. For some reasons it did not result in Teenage pregnancies. Looking back I can remember only one, who got pregnant before the age of 20.

Regard sizes of Condons I know that Kenya returned some to Sweden that they had got through a aid program because they claimed that they were too small. I reminds me of another story in my youth where I visited a naturist camp. Minding my own business and reading a book on the beach, I overheard a conversation between two fathers and their sons. (Laptops and Internet wasn't around at that time).

The pale family was walking along the water when son asked it he could hold his fathers member when they walked. It was OK for the father. The son in other family which had a somewhat darker skin noticed that and asked his whether it was OK to do the same thing. The father replied that it was OK with him but he should go too far away so he risked getting lost.

Offline MushroomKitty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
Why should we have sex ed? So kids will actually learn. Fact of the matter is teenagers are going to have sex weather their parents like it or not. And as a parent and a school it is their job to make sure our youth knows how to protect themselves.

Here in Kentucky the only "sex-ed" that is state funded or allowed is the Abstinence Only plan. And in Kentucky schools it's a safe bet that 1 and 3 girls are gonna drop out before she reaches graduation because she got pregnant. The only thing the Abstinence Only plan does is make kids think that condoms don't work, so they wont use them and in turn are at a much higher risk for pregnancy and catching an STD. When the thing is condoms DO work. It's just people don't know how to use them right. (Gee, isn't that the purpose of sexual education? I think so!)

However in Chicago they start giving in depth sex ed classes when their students are only 10, and they have one of the lowest birth rates amongst teenagers in the entire country.

When you put a school that teaches sex ed up against one that doesn't the results are obvious. The schools that do teach it have less teen pregnancies and less instances of spread diseases. Why is this? Because they know how to protect themselves. Even if a teenager doesn't want/plan to have sex they should still have the knowledge in their head for when they do. We all know parents don't teach their children about sex.

It is my belief that every child in America at the age of 10 should be given the book "The Guide To Getting It On." and they should be made to read it as part of their school curriculum. Not only does this book teach you how to use a condom and other birth control, or about STDs, but it actually teaches you HOW to have sex in a fun and light hearted manner.

Teaching a child how to protect themselves sexually isn't going to 'encourage' them to jack squat. That's like saying teaching an adult woman how to use mace to protect herself is going to encourage her to spray random strangers in the face.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:04 AM »
I have found this article on Wikipedia Teenage pregnancy and its interesting that the number for the states are similar to countries like Indonesia and South Africa.

Denmark is close to Netherland, but our abortion rate is higher. Our doctors are quick to step in and clean out when nature terminate the pregnancy on its own and then it counts as an abortion. It happen in my marriage. We so wanted this child, but in week 10 there was no heart sound and the hospital decide to take what was left out for analyze. It counted as an abortion and while we were unhappy and heartbroken, the analyze helped us to receive two healthy kids later on.

In Denmark we now know that almost 25% of the first pregancies are cancelled by nature. A lot of women dont even notice that they are pregnant, but a research conducted some years back where a lot of women delivered what comes out every month to hospitals showed remains of pregnancies in a much higher number than expected.

BTW. In Denmark only 4 out of 1000 get a baby when they are under 19 years of age.