Author Topic: Smoke and Mirrors  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Smoke and Mirrors
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:28 PM »
Quote from: "Migrant"
Quote from: "leavethemalone"
  Quit insulting the survivors by continuing to belittle what happened to them.

d;oic;j wrote:
Fuck off you whiny little bitch.  No one is forced to be here.

And your point would be?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
Quote from: "mudkips"
extremely obvious troll is extremely obvious

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »
Quote from: "TheWho"

Malone, Wow that is harsh.  I never mentioned I held any hatred towards anyone here on fornits.  I believe you are mixing your statement up with the opposite.  Based on Zen Agents postings and desperation to paint every aspect of PV as negative as possible  I think we all need to take this into consideration when viewing the facts he presented on his daughters accounts there.  Why should we be expected to believe he was honest and forthcoming with her story but presents fabricated and poorly biased evidence everywhere else?
As far as insulting survivors goes.  Before I apologize to anyone why don’t you shoot me a link where you cared as much about how parents and their kids (and other non survivors) were poorly treated here on fornits without cause and you stood up to protect them or speak out in their defense.  Then we can talk…. Lets keep it fair.

Psy, please put back up the thread about CAFETY, which includes a discussion about Zen referring to Sheppard Pratt

Also, put back up the threads where Zen contradicts his lies about "outing" CCMGIRL. People who come to this forum should be forewarned that Zen will "out" them(if he develops a weird, sexually-charged animosity) and  will push them into various programs that he may or may not receive compensation from.

thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »
Forty-one participants or 33% of the surveys were returned completed"

But as far as the Survey results go they track closely with what would be expected from a survey of this kind and in line with national averages.

The average response rate tracks about 32.52% with the Median on or about 26.45%.  With population under a 1,000 we like to see the rate up above that but other considerations are the time of year the survey was sent out (summer months have a lower rate), population motivation/interest etc.  But pretty much any rate above 25% you can be approximately 95% certain of +/-5% accuracy in your survey results.

So it is safe to say that Peninsula Village's survey has the probability of being 95% accurate (+/- 5%) which is very reliable. 

Quote from: "ZenAgent"
...........33% were returned................

Thats fairly standard for paper surveys, in fact it is on the high end.... I recall the mean being around 26% for this type of survey.  College intranet (paperless) surveys experience the highest response rates (60% +), but "mail outs" have always been low, even before they had other methods.

Standard in what context?  Goodyear asking you to rate your tires?  No, when it comes to a treatment facility asking $104,400 per annum a parent should expect a more solid database proving success. "Fairly standard" does not cut it when a parent is considering their child's well-being, who.  At least it shouldn't.

Yes, I agree, it should be higher especially when it comes to giving feedback to schools to benefit other children or influence other parents decisions…. Phones surveys have a better rate, but the responder is not apt to be honest with their answers because they are not as anonymous, so the results are typically questioned.  On-line surveys are the most effective.

The who is a liar.  surprise, surprise.  why did you change your opinion?  are you referring to PV now, who?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
back on track / bumping the OP
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
One of many problems PV has that the FTC should look into.  Deceptive, fraudulent, shenanigans.  Next we'll look at the new PV program director Bob Pegler's qualifications.  I heard Pegler threw some stooge out of the private PV Parents Forum for asking about Bob's questionable academic claims.  You simply DO NOT QUESTION THE PROGRAM, OR THE DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAM!  The PV Parents Forum has got to be full of people like Ned Flanders - "My boy got the booty juice again, yep -per-ooni".  If you're paying $100,000 a year, you avoid thoughts like "these PV clowns are clueless hillbilly quacks", and "I've pissed away $100k in exchange for my kid's undying hatred", or "Mother of God, so this is deviant peer influence - the kid went to PV for depression and came out a homicidal rapist meth cooker".  Golly gee willickers.

It's really good of the FTC to show an interest, but licenses, certifications and accreditations don't mean a program isn't abysmal.  PV has all the bells and whistles - JCAHO, SACS, TN state licensure, and it's still a backwater hellhole with good PR.

From the WATE-TV forum on mental health:

PV Parent

The FTC has posted a list of questions to ask before making a placement:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consume ... pro27.shtm

Peninsula Village does have accreditation and licensure, but the JCAHO certification is a result of PV being a "satellite" of Parkwest.  Number eleven is an interesting question for Peninsula Village:

"How do you define success? What is your success rate? How is it measured?"

WATE-TV has referred to the "amazing success" rate of PV, but what determines that success? 

PV cites an "outcome study" done in 2004.  From the PV Parents Introduction:

"The last outcome study used a 3-year database of Village alumni.  It was found that 91% of the program graduates are either currently in high school, graduated from high school and are taking college courses, or have completed their GED.  Sixty-nine percent of the adolescents admitted due to drug or alcohol addiction are abstaining from drugs and alcohol.  This data also suggested a strong link between length of stay and success post discharge.  100% of the adolescents who stayed at the Village twelve months or longer are currently in school and have not returned to inpatient treatment, are sober and attending twelve step meetings"

That sounds impressive until you analyze the database PV used for this "outcome study".  First, "program graduates" excludes all the kids who were unsuccessful in treatment, or were forced to leave when financial resources ran dry.  Limiting participants to "alumni" greatly reduces the accuracy of this study.

Next, you have to consider the database of the study.  It was based on a mail-in survey.  From PV:  "The survey was mailed to 125 Peninsula Village students' families whose young person had been discharged from the program fro a minimum of six months and a maximum of thirty-six months. Forty-one participants or 33% of the surveys were returned completed"

Only forty-one of the surveys were returned out of 125 - 67% of those contacted would not respond.  Considering the limited participants selected and the minimal input received, I don't see how PV can boast of "success".  What has been seen on forums where former PV patients post their stories is a high rate of relapse into addiction on returning home.  One high-profile patient familiar to WATE-TV viewers relapsed shortly after release from Peninsula Village.

Parents beware - the "outcome study" showing PV's "success" is a joke, meant to play on desperate parents who aren't going to take the time to look closely at the database used.  For a more concise list of questions to ask about a program you're considering for your teen, check ISAC's list:

http://www.isaccorp.org/warningsigns.asp

Peninsula Village fails on the majority.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
Sorry, TheWho, my bad.  I see you are right.  I was thinking of another post, carry on.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »
Forty-one participants or 33% of the surveys were returned completed"

But as far as the Survey results go they track closely with what would be expected from a survey of this kind and in line with national averages.

The average response rate tracks about 32.52% with the Median on or about 26.45%.  With population under a 1,000 we like to see the rate up above that but other considerations are the time of year the survey was sent out (summer months have a lower rate), population motivation/interest etc.  But pretty much any rate above 25% you can be approximately 95% certain of +/-5% accuracy in your survey results.

So it is safe to say that Peninsula Village's survey has the probability of being 95% accurate (+/- 5%) which is very reliable. 

Click on the link below for detailed results.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
Quote from: "QUOTED FOR TRUTH"
Sorry, TheWho, my bad.  I see you are right.  I was thinking of another post, carry on.

My bad again.  I was thinking you weren't an asshole, TheWho, but I was wrong.  Jackoff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Imbeciles and Arses
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
carry on, god speed and ain't it time for the next big piss-up yet?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »
Quote from: "Carrion"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Good luck and godspeed.
You should know.  You cause 'em.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
Quote from: "Not a Cockney."
Good luck and godspeed.

Fuck you, your mom does.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »
Quote from: "barfy"
Quote from: "Not a Cockney."
Good luck and godspeed.

Fuck you, your mom does.

Why don't you do what your mom does and EAT A DICK, smegmatic.