Author Topic: PFC Begs for more than $1 Million  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PFC Begs for more than $1 Million
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
This is from the Chesterton Tribune in Indiana. There's another article with a reporter's email on it, but that will be a seperate post.

Why does PFC need SO MUCH DAMN MONEY? Don't the parents pay for the QUACK treatment? Doesn't PFC have enough money already, blue chairs and all? Donated office furniture, come on now, what do they SPEND it on? Certainly minimum wage peer staff? Jeez! Nowhere near anything like $1.2Million.

Pathway Family Center has announced the second phase of its fundraising campaign with its first $5,000 donation of the new initiative from Duneland United Churches Resale. Duneland Resale will be sponsoring the “Learning Center” Room in Pathway’s new building.

Pathway Family Center knows the effects of substance abuse, although pervasive throughout our society, is most devastating and lethal to our youth. Yet, nine out of 10 adolescents with substance abuse problems do not get the help they need. Porter County was ranked third in the nation for heroin emergency room mentions for patients aged 18-25 according to a study that was released by Roosevelt University Institute for Metropolitan Affairs on Jan. 25, 2005.

Porter County Sheriff David Lain stated it best; “law enforcement alone cannot hope to reduce addictive behavior by significant numbers acting unilaterally. We need to partner with other professional disciplines and surround the problem from many directions.”

In order to combat this alarming trend, Pathway Family Center was chosen by key community leaders in Porter County, to expand services to our communities for adolescent substance abuse treatment.

Through the generosity of initial donations from the community, Pathway Family Center is excited to report that $450,000 of the $1.2 million originally needed to open a long term adolescent treatment center has been raised.

Through this initiative, Pathway was able to open a Northwest Indiana Assessment Center in Chesterton in June of 2007.

Substance abuse professionals now provide a 24-hour parent help line, drug screening, clinical assessments and treatment referral, community outreach and education through partnerships with the Northwest Indiana drug coalitions, judicial and law enforcement officials, schools and mental health partners.

Terri Nissley Founder and President/CEO of Pathway Corporation, stated that; “Pathway is now ready to implement the most exciting phase of our strategic plan, by expanding our 4th Midwest treatment center in Porter County, with the launching of a $750,000 fundraising campaign.

Proceeds from the campaign will allow us to continue our current services, as well as hire additional clinical staff, allow delivery of treatment services locally, acquire a building and furnishings, and continue our community outreach and education programming. In order for us to complete our mission to open a local long term adolescent treatment center, we are asking the community for help! Your investment will provide financial support for a program that will help our youth become drug and alcohol free. Any amount of support comes with the intrinsic knowledge that you are helping young people and their families to recover from drug and alcohol addiction”

To make a donation, mail it directly to Pathway Family Center, ATT: Laurie Franke-Polz, 425 Sandcreek Drive Suite C, Chesterton Indiana, 46304 Phone: 926-2583.

View the sponsorship packet on line at: www.pathwayfamilycenter.org

Posted 7/22/2008
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: PFC Begs for more than $1 Million
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
http://www.post-trib.com/news/1087407,pcpathway.article

email that reporter... if so inclined. Tell her PFC don't need no mo money...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:10:33 AM »
Damn! It wouldn't let me register.

I sent this to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nkRyp-p28

The Austin Chronicle is investigating their diversion program, which seems to derive from a hybrid of Seed/Straight and Elan derivatives.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase ... oid=645915

I can tell you that the methods described in Patricia Ruland's article and those employed in the Straight, Inc. I was in are remarkably similar to what we're hearing from kids coming out of these same places more recently. And it doesn't take that much effort to find out about these places before you decide to support them. Just because someone says they're helping drug addicts doesn't mean that they are. David Koresh said the same thing. So did Chuck Dederich.

[Could someone please post that for me?]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »
your anti-program views will not be tolerated on any reputable Indiana newspaper message board or comment section located within the boundaries of program propaganda operations. This includes replies to Indiana's clueless reporters. The truth must not to be told in public. All negative opinions about and any complaints against abusive drug treatment in Indiana must first be filed with the Office of Ice Cracking and Thickness Measurement Services in Kamchatka Russia. This will ensure that the proper authorities will consider your side of the story. If within 600 days you do not receive a reply from the OICTMS, just get drunk and don't bother appealing and please... flush the toilet before you leave the bathroom!!!

Inty

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
Hey Antigen, the video didn't load there, but all the other words did... yee hah! yer welcome too, LOL

dime therapy wrote:
The following comment was written originally by Antigen. This has been posted as a courtesy on Antigen's behalf:

I wish I could say I can't believe the blatant advertising thinly veiled as news!

My family became involved in The Seed back in the early `70's and continued to be involved through the early `80's and Straight, Incorporated. The Seed was one of the early public/private funded Synanon based programs for teens and the infamous Straight, Incorporated's direct parent. PFC is just one of the names adopted by various branches of Straight when it was shut down due to rampant abuse.

There is an ongoing Government Accountability office investigation into overt abuses as well as unintentional harm done by the core methods used in these programs. They've even put out video!
The Austin Chronicle is investigating their diversion program, which seems to derive from a hybrid of Seed/Straight and Elan derivatives.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase ... oid=645915

I can tell you that the methods described in Patricia Ruland's article and those employed in the Straight, Inc. I was in are remarkably similar to what we're hearing from kids coming out of these same places more recently. And it doesn't take that much effort to find out about these places before you decide to support them. Just because someone says they're helping drug addicts doesn't mean that they are. David Koresh said the same thing. So did Chuck Dederich.

8/6/2008 10:21 AM CDT on post-trib.com
Recommend  Report Abuse 

dime therapy wrote:
Kitty, I am hoping you meant to say that the organization is a plague and not the survivors. But, bein only worth 10 cents, what do I know... LOL

This looks to me like an article written by yet another seemingly naive reporter who is essentially offering free advertising for the shameful ONDCP flagship drug treatment program. She should know that Porter County commissioners already took out $200,000 of taxpayer money (without voting on it) to give to PFC, so what else is new? Now PFC will get more thousands of dollars, convince dozens of vulnerable parents/kids that they HAVE to get help at PFC since the ONDCP pushes its propaganda throughout the nation and is supposed to be some expert-laden group. The money just pours right into their pockets and coffers. Drug free this, drug free that... who's going to argue with that? Certainly not a kid on FIRST PHASE or a suicide victim. The sad thing is that the reporters will avoid the TRUTH, more kids will continue to be abused, the management of PFC will get a hefty salary increase and the IRS will let them slide by tax free... Gotta love that about America, right? Get paid to abuse kids. Everyone else goes to jail for that type of activity, but not these folks; they get PAID! The studies they do are based on the STRAIGHT, Inc. mentality. That goes in part something like this: "Oh no, a beer is on the kitchen table! I must look away!! I will die or go insane and maybe even to jail if I go as far as to TOUCH this bottle, much less consume its contents at which point I will have relapsed and must commit suicide..."
The Post should stop what amounts to be this type of free advertising for PFC.
Check out:
www.isaccorp.org
www.melriddile.info
www.webdiva.org
www.rickross.com
www.melsembler.com
GOOGLE: Miller Newton, Betty Sembler, DFAF... you'll be amazed.
DT
8/6/2008 10:14 AM CDT on post-trib.com
Recommend  Report Abuse 

mushroomkitty wrote:
Anyone who considers funding this organization should do their homework first. I work with a group of survivors who have all suffered greatly because of this "rehab" facility and know that they are a plague on this country and it's youth.

What Mr. Beatty fails to mention is that the only reason they need to open a new facility is because one of their old ones are no longer welcome. He had to move from directing the said program to another after the Milford location was protested on multiple occasions by survivors who have been locked away behind those doors before and have seen first hand the torture that goes on there.

This facility denies teenagers of their basic human rights and uses psychological abuse to cause mental break downs that can later lead to problems like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression, and many other mental and physical illnesses. It does stop there, some adults after receiving 'treatment' from this program have gone as far as to commit suicide just to get away from the horrible memories of what happened to them in these centers.

There are many who have suffered at the hands of Pathway Family Center, and before anyone considers donating money to these monsters they should learn the truth first. Which can be done by contacting the survivors at http://www.edrugrehabs.com/

8/4/2008 1:06 AM CDT on post-trib.com
Recommend  Report Abuse 

rehab center wrote:
Government and private organizations are supporting to many rehab and alcohol treatment centers in states. It is an effortful task. And it is our responsibility as well to give our best to such institutes, than only they can work for public welfare.
http://www.edrugrehabs.com/

8/3/2008 11:26 PM CDT on post-trib.com
Recommend  Report Abuse 

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
Thanks
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »
The fun never ends.... if someone could call that DUneland place, let them know who Pfc really is...

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/07/30/news ... 498fec.txt

unreal man, unreal..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:49:29 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Thanks

"We are blessed to be living in an age when we have a global communications network in which idiots, assholes, and total and complete wastes of fucking human life alike can come together to give instant feedback in an unfettered and unmonitored online environment. What better way to take advantage of this incredible technology than to log onto the Internet and insult a complete stranger?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »
please call 219-926-1404, leave message telling these people that they
are supporting child abuse. The number is for Duneland Resale in
Chesterton Indiana. Today ALL of the proceeds from their thrift type
store sales are going to PFC. This includes the sales tax as well. It's
like a worst case scenario... please, you gotta do something... the
program is growing

thank you,