Author Topic: What is wrong with this website?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline jacqueline

• View Profile
    • http://www.krushtheserpent.com
What is wrong with this website?
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »
I logged on last month and my email/pm is not working.  I type in the 5 letter codes and it just refreshes the screen with new letters.  Now I get back on a month later and I posted this problem and my post has disappeared all of the June posts have disappeared, some of my email disappeared, and some I had deleted was back.  IS THIS SITE HAUNTED OR WHAT???  Anyways to everyone who email/pms me sorry I can't write back this new updated version of the site sucks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Re: What is wrong with this website?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
Hi, Jaqueline,

I don't know all the details--you can read more in the Web Hosting thread--but the site has been taken down a couple times this year by unfriendly forces. When this happened recently, all the posts between mid-March and late May were lost. I understand you can recover lost posts through Google, but I can't advise how. Yes, it's frustrating. The site administrators (all volunteers) do the best they can and they may yet recover the lost data, but probably not.

You might be on to something when you say the site is haunted. I have certainly encountered some haunted souls here... Hope you'll forgive the glitches and continue to share your thoughts.

AuntieEm 
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline jacqueline

• View Profile
    • http://www.krushtheserpent.com
Re: What is wrong with this website?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »
Thanks for the info, glad to hear it's not just me