Author Topic: More Zero Tolerance Fun  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: More Zero Tolerance Fun
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
forbidden fruit snack?

:rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Listen, with all the killing, injuries and threats made with guns, I don't think any type of gun whether it doesn't look like one or not should be allowed. BTW, where are the parents common sense on this, why would you let your child go to school with a toy gun. What message is that sending out.
No this is not over the top, being dramatic or anything else. We have lost a lot of kids to guns in the last 20 years, let alone the untold stories of threatening gestures with guns that went unknown, threats off school grounds ect....
There is no place for any kind of gun at school. Their parents should be punished also, maybe with tax finding or make the parents contribute to the Columbine Fund.
Did you read the article, Danny? The kid snuck it into his backpack:

"I had a phone call from the school saying that my son got suspended for taking a toy gun to school," said Lorraine Romero, mother of the kindergarten student. "He's just a kid. He doesn't know any better."

Anthony was suspended for one day for taking a facsimile of a gun to school. Apparently, he snuck it into his backpack Wednesday morning.

Romero knows it was wrong, but she doesn't believe the punishment fits the crime.

"I don't think he should have gotten suspended for that," Romero said. "I think they should have just talked to him about it and say, 'Hey, you know you're not supposed to bring any toys to school.' "
    [/list][/size]

unlike you, just because someone says or writes something, I do not have to take it as gospel. Now, my reaction is to after she realized he had done this (with all the implications) she still cried foul. No, I do not expect the boy to understand the complexities of bringing in a toy gun to school. He probably wanted to show it off, no problem. But his mother knows what was wrong and why he had to be suspended. There are rules that can not be compromised, especially when it comes to guns of any kind.
    Bravo!!!!!
    Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »
    Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
    Quote from: "Whooter"
    I sent some snacks in to school with one of my kids for the class and it was rejected because it was manufactured in a place that also used tree nuts.  The school has a no nut policy.  I commented that there is no one in the class that has a nut allergy and the teacher agreed.  But her hands are tied, the rule is the rule and the teachers need to abide by them.

If she allowed my snack in then it may become routine and after awhile they will allow nuts in the class room as long as the kid with the nut allergy doesnt get any.  Then everyone is making their own decisions  till one day someone makes a mistake and a child dies.

So what is the best way to control the problem and keep the kids safe?  No nuts products on school property.

Well, hell.....I don't want crazy people in the classrooms either.  So it's settled then.  All nuts are banned and only Nerf guns can be brought to school.  I think we've accomplished a lot here today.

/oh lighten the hell up Francis.  It's Friday and I'm in a great mood!  :seg:

Look, Anne,  Dont call me Francis.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »

Ok psycho.

(I hope you're getting the Stripes reference, it's meant tongue & cheek)

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »
    I sent some snacks in to school with one of my kids for the class and it was rejected because it was manufactured in a place that also used tree nuts.  The school has a no nut policy.  I commented that there is no one in the class that has a nut allergy and the teacher agreed.  But her hands are tied, the rule is the rule and the teachers need to abide by them.

If she allowed my snack in then it may become routine and after awhile they will allow nuts in the class room as long as the kid with the nut allergy doesnt get any.  Then everyone is making their own decisions  till one day someone makes a mistake and a child dies.

So what is the best way to control the problem and keep the kids safe?  No nuts products on school property.
    But... was your kid suspended from school, and consequently humiliated, for your having sent in the forbidden fruit snack?

No and I would have been pissed off especially if my kid and his name got placed in the news papers.  But the punishment is meant for the parent not the child.  The parent is going to have to find coverage for their child or take time off from work.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
    Serious side and back on topic;

Let's talk about your threats to Shaggys.  Why did you do that?   Let's talk about your wishing that we'd (or maybe it was just me) be shot by real guns.  Why did you say that?

Who said you were threatening, I didn't. You being shot by guns, when is it. Will this be like a public hanging.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »

Let's talk about your threats to Shaggys.  Why did you do that?   Let's talk about your wishing that we'd (or maybe it was just me) be shot by real guns.  Why did you say that?

Shaggy was not threaten, have him post the PM.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »

Ok psycho.

(I hope you're getting the Stripes reference, it's meant tongue & cheek)

Look, Anne, the name is Francis Sawyer and everyone calls me psycho.  Any of you fornits people call me Francis and I will kill 'ya.  and I dont like nobody touchin my stuff.  So just keep your meat hooks off.  If I catch any of you fornits people in my stuff I will kill ya.  Also I dont like anyone touching me.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »
    Who said you were threatening, I didn't. You being shot by guns, when is it. Will this be like a public hanging.
    Do you perchance have some anger management difficulties, Mr. Daniel Bennison?
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
    Tongue IN cheek, Dammit.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »

I will gladly post the PM anytime danny. It is just a Danny one-liner warning me to "shut the fuck up". Danny are you Drunk right now as we speak? Am I going to be having to listen to a Danny confession soon where he admits how blasted he is on dope and cheap alcohol? Ala SUCKIT? I am trying to stay on topic here but danny is forcing me to implement my zero-tolerance policy towards him. It is the rules, I have no choice.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »
    Do you perchance have some anger management difficulties, Mr. Daniel Bennison?

Well, Ursus, since you put it like that, yes I do. But only with you, really.  >:(

I Daniel L. Bennison  do approve this message.

I am getting ready for November, remember the message. Y'all vote for me ya hear.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »
    Listen, with all the killing, injuries and threats made with guns, I don't think any type of gun whether it doesn't look like one or not should be allowed. BTW, where are the parents common sense on this, why would you let your child go to school with a toy gun. What message is that sending out.
    No this is not over the top, being dramatic or anything else. We have lost a lot of kids to guns in the last 20 years, let alone the untold stories of threatening gestures with guns that went unknown, threats off school grounds ect....
    There is no place for any kind of gun at school. Their parents should be punished also, maybe with tax finding or make the parents contribute to the Columbine Fund.

"I had a phone call from the school saying that my son got suspended for taking a toy gun to school," said Lorraine Romero, mother of the kindergarten student. "He's just a kid. He doesn't know any better."

Anthony was suspended for one day for taking a facsimile of a gun to school. Apparently, he snuck it into his backpack Wednesday morning.

Romero knows it was wrong, but she doesn't believe the punishment fits the crime.

"I don't think he should have gotten suspended for that," Romero said. "I think they should have just talked to him about it and say, 'Hey, you know you're not supposed to bring any toys to school.' "
      [/list][/size]
      unlike you, just because someone says or writes something, I do not have to take it as gospel. Now, my reaction is to after she realized he had done this (with all the implications) she still cried foul. No, I do not expect the boy to understand the complexities of bringing in a toy gun to school. He probably wanted to show it off, no problem. But his mother knows what was wrong and why he had to be suspended. There are rules that can not be compromised, especially when it comes to guns of any kind.
      Bravo!!!!!
      She cried foul because the punishment did not fit the crime. This was a kid that was in kindergarten, with possibly no prior experience in dealing with the bureaucratic rigamarole of a school system, 'bout a mere month after school started.

The school has a certain amount of discretion at its disposal, in choosing how they're gonna handle each case. The article even mentioned the Colorado state law which "gives school districts discretion over which incidents to administer punishment instead of mandatory expulsion or suspension."

This school clearly chose not to exercise any such discretion when it came to Anthony Saenz and his nerf gun.
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
      « Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »
      Quote from: "shaggys"

I will gladly post the PM anytime danny. It is just a Danny one-liner warning me to "shut the fuck up". Danny are you Drunk right now as we speak? Am I going to be having to listen to a Danny confession soon where he admits how blasted he is on dope and cheap alcohol? Ala SUCKIT? I am trying to stay on topic here but danny is forcing me to implement my zero-tolerance policy towards him. It is the rules, I have no choice.

Well then, stop yaking and post it. I don't care. What I said to you was private, you made it public. So post it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
      « Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »

[/list][/size]
        Bravo!!!!!
        She cried foul because the punishment did not fit the crime. This was a kid that was in kindergarten, with possibly no prior experience in dealing with the bureaucratic rigamarole of a school system, 'bout a mere month after school started.

The school has a certain amount of discretion at its disposal, in choosing how they're gonna handle each case. The article even mentioned the Colorado state law which "gives school districts discretion over which incidents to administer punishment instead of mandatory expulsion or suspension."

This school clearly chose not to exercise any such discretion when it came to Anthony Saenz and his nerf gun.

Oh Ursus....you and your silly facts.   :deal: