Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37604 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "Hooter"
I have sat here and watched people, under the guise of well intended posters, telling parents, who were here looking for advice, that there was no help available for their child and that all programs were abusive.

Because all TBS/RTC type programs that use LGATs or the like, ARE abusive.

Thank you for posting this, I was looking for an example of a closed minded non-thinker.....

This is the exact mentality many of us have to live with here on fornits... all TBS's are the same... they are all abusive... 25,000 children are abused every year and nobody knows about it, in 30 years not one child has ever been helped. 

We all have to listen to this crap yet people think I should be banned, go figure.

I personally feel like using the ignore feature is weak. I mean come on!!!! Can't you just overlook posts made by these individuals that bother you without having to click an ignore button? I assume most of us have jobs here? When you have a problem with a co-worker are you able to click Ignore, and poof! The person automatically vanishes?!!! I don't think so! I don't feel The Who should have been banned in the past, nor should he be banned in the future. Having The Who around gives all you anti-program people the opportunity, and the ability to prove to parents why all programs are bad. Use it to your advantage.

As far as Fornits goes. It's still a great place to get information, and to connect with others. But, I personally don't feel safe posting things on here anymore. I also would make it very clear to current staff members/parents/or anyone that happens to be pro-program to be very careful about who you give your personal information too. And I am talking about from the second you make the decision to sign up for an account here. Don't use your real name, and if your email has your name in it, come up with a dummy one. I was very naive when it came to all this. my bad. You live, and you learn!

Also, has anyone noticed how there has been a decrease in postings? I do take into consideration that there has been a good number of other sites that have popped up that are similar to this one. But, do you think it could also be because there has been threats to expose people, or just outright doing it? There are also a lot of you on here that are very computer savvy. That's great, and all but keep in mind that some of us don't know how to use a proxy, or what a proxy even is! I hear the word proxy, and for all I know it could be just some damn cream people use to treat their hemorrhoids, lol!!!! But, if this was the forum it once used to be, nobody would be worried about slapping on any damn proxy?!! But, unfortunately it's not. So, I guess I'll sign up for a computer class. Anyway...........that's about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
Also, I forgot to mention!!!!!!! The altering of my posts, I really LOVED that!!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
Oh, we did too!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:25 PM »
I’m an ex- regular who comes no longer. The repelling force isn’t Mike, but a few fire whirls, including the loss of safety in posting here. Currently, one fears moderators will misuse their clout to compromise a vexing poster’s anonymity, or give information about their identities to programs or authorities.

A poster accused Zenagent of sexual abuse, being an alcoholic, and failure, upsetting him. He demanded the poster’s IP. It wasn’t revealed, but it’s repulsive that an accused abuser, who demanded the ID of their complainant- as if they had the right to that info- is now a moderator. Moderating powers should not be given to people who do not recognize ethical boundaries concerning privacy. Only people who don’t use their powers to obtain IPs as a method of handling detractors triggering personal insecurities, should be moderators. Zen’s powers should be strictly limited, or removed.

Mike having an ip collection is creepy, as is che “abusing his powers to check on ips.” This issue should be addressed. Moderators should have no more right to check ips for personal aims than regular posters

There needs to be mechanical limitations on moderator powers and these should publicly posted.

Secondly, Fornits shouldn’t be hijacked by a small group from a traditionally abusive rtc. The YLF forum shouldn’t be on top. The rtcs and cults discussed inside already have their forums. I feel like some program parents don’t “need” this forum emotionally and have turned it into a place where insults about being gay and poor, and orders to identify yourself have replaced communication. They aren’t interested n communication but a bully-pulpit platform which has resulted in a corresponding decline of other voices

Finally, fornits should be fully anon again. Stop forcing “name” declarations when logging in as guest. “Tortured kids,” “cafety,” and mike’s forum are dead because of the “signing in” policy. The emotions provoked by discussion of therapeutic cult abuse are too painful to expect people to log in. This I.D.ing policy drives survivors away.

Who decides how the forum is run, anyway?
Whoever that is should consider these issues. I surmised that people would stop posting when invasive I.D.ing and unreliable moderators became worries, and this prediction has proved accurate.

With that said, there is no pleasing everyone. Individually, I’d like to feel relatively comfortable that my right to privacy is respected, even if I piss off individual moderators, and that all survivors aims are considered.

And before we EVEN go there, I’m not a troll, or involved in any of the personal disputes referenced.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 08:13:48 PM »
Quote from: "guest"
I’m an ex- regular who comes no longer.

Uhhh...bullshit? You're here now, aren't you? :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: nonsense
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "School kid shit"
Quote from: "Guest"
Fornits is moving closer to the policies of CAFETY with every day Michael is allowed to hold the reigns of power over this forum. If posters do not start demanding their complete freedom of speech that made this website what it was, it will eventually be gone. If you do not fit in with Michael's agenda to "fuck up programs" (from his own misguided perspective) -- if you disrupt what he deems serious conversations -- you will be silenced, threatened with police action and bullied of the forum. Don't say you weren't warned.

SOMEBODY GOT A PERSONAL AGENDA!

Yes I have an agenda. When you are silenced and banned for no reason at all, simply because Michael does not like what you say, and wants to intimidate you for his own entertainment by threatening police action -- then you might take it personally as well? Michael is bad for this forum, bad for free speech, and drunk on his own power (or maybe has nothing better to do).

is this spring drop out?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
I’m an ex- regular who comes no longer.

Uhhh...bullshit? You're here now, aren't you? :D

hehe :-* ;D One of my favorite fornits players, as usual

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A serious statement to all fornits users
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »
yaa tsi tsup ari dik ari dull an dik ari dill an dits tan dool la dippyduppy dull la roop uttyroopy la goorigan gook aya gittygangool arup cha cha adippydappydill la baritztandill lan den lan doe a barik kata barip pari baribadeebadeebadee standen lan doe ya baril las ten lan day a doe la babadeadevadevadevaduv ya vou what is that little las day lan doe badakadagadaga doo doo day a doe

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
Oh, we did too!

And you're proud of doing this? Interesting.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »
Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"
Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
Oh, we did too!

And you're proud of doing this? Interesting.

Its called 'sarcasm'.

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2008, 12:29:43 AM »
Quote from: "grim reaper"
What did you think would happen by putting Michael in charge of your forum? That it would get better? Fornits is irrelevant to anyone with half a brain these days. No new posters for how long --that aren't fake? How many regulars stopped posting? Right. The rhetoric is sound, the implementation hypocritical to such a degree it could no longer be ignored by even the most forgiving of allies. You can't just blame Michael though, he was just the another nail in the coffin. Blame the one with the hammer. So what do you have left? The same small group of posters, the same old arguments, the same suspicions and paranoia-- which only seem to compound with time. New here? Run. Get far away, and don't get sucked into the vortex of self hatred that is fornits. Now be your usual selves, such is expected around here.

since when is michael in charge? LOL

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:29 AM »
I’m an ex- regular who comes no longer. The repelling force isn’t Mike, but a few fire whirls, including the loss of safety in posting here. Currently, one fears moderators will misuse their clout to compromise a vexing poster’s anonymity, or give information about their identities to programs or authorities.

A poster accused Zenagent of sexual abuse, being an alcoholic, and failure, upsetting him. He demanded the poster’s IP. It wasn’t revealed, but it’s repulsive that an accused abuser, who demanded the ID of their complainant- as if they had the right to that info- is now a moderator. Moderating powers should not be given to people who do not recognize ethical boundaries concerning privacy. Only people who don’t use their powers to obtain IPs as a method of handling detractors triggering personal insecurities, should be moderators. Zen’s powers should be strictly limited, or removed.

Mike having an ip collection is creepy, as is che “abusing his powers to check on ips.” This issue should be addressed. Moderators should have no more right to check ips for personal aims than regular posters

There needs to be mechanical limitations on moderator powers and these should publicly posted.

Secondly, Fornits shouldn’t be hijacked by a small group from a traditionally abusive rtc. The YLF forum shouldn’t be on top. The rtcs and cults discussed inside already have their forums. I feel like some program parents don’t “need” this forum emotionally and have turned it into a place where insults about being gay and poor, and orders to identify yourself have replaced communication. They aren’t interested n communication but a bully-pulpit platform which has resulted in a corresponding decline of other voices

Finally, fornits should be fully anon again. Stop forcing “name” declarations when logging in as guest. “Tortured kids,” “cafety,” and mike’s forum are dead because of the “signing in” policy. The emotions provoked by discussion of therapeutic cult abuse are too painful to expect people to log in. This I.D.ing policy drives survivors away.

Whoever that is should consider these issues. I surmised that people would stop posting when invasive I.D.ing and unreliable moderators became worries, and this prediction has proved accurate.

With that said, there is no pleasing everyone. Individually, I’d like to feel relatively comfortable that my right to privacy is respected, even if I piss off individual moderators, and that all survivors aims are considered.

And before we EVEN go there, I’m not a troll, or involved in any of the personal disputes referenced.

Could you be any more obvious?  Log in, CCM, if you're going to sling this.  I've got you blocked.

cOULD YOU BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS"
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 01:23:12 AM »
Actually Zen the anon makes some valid points. It is creepy that people collect IPs. Wasn't aware psy did that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know another past admin did it and she told me she had quite the extensive excell websheet all worked up.

It was equally wrong of me to mention checking people's IP addies. No excuses can be made for that sort of thing. I like the idea of a faceless anonymous admin myself. No one really needs to know who the admin is for fornits. The fact that I got rid of all the damn admins in my "Admin Massacre" illustrates my annoyance with the ongoing struggles of fornits on this bone of contention. Afterwards I understood the admins weren't supposed to be known and ginger had set up an account or two for the admins to do tech work. Other than that they were supposed to stay off the forums.

This lasted for about 24 hours at max.

Definitely I agree that in order to restore confidence in the forums a premium has to be placed on the privacy of the posters of all sorts.  We have plenty of unmoderated boards on fornits for the posters to post to their hearts content free of the influence of moderation. No anon should feel the threat of having their identity revealed, and to ensure this the presence of admin on these forums should be kept minimal and strictly to technical issues.

As for you being an abuser the only thing I've seen you abuse is the English language. I have every bit of confidence for you to moderate a board that gives you no power what so ever over any other section of fornits. Pretty silly that people don't get this despite being repeatedly told. Someone oughta make a big sign or something.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 02:05:59 AM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"

Could you be any more obvious?  Log in, CCM, if you're going to sling this.  I've got you blocked.

cOULD YOU BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS"

I guess you won't see this, will you Zen? Hahahahaha, ya right! You know you can't resist my posts, lol!!!!! Anyway, not my post above, btw. Hellooooooo, this person is waaaaay too smart, and uses much bigger words then me. They more then likely applied a good amount of proxy too, lol!!!!! Not even my writing style. Come on Zen! Maybe you have forgotten my writing style since you have on your Ignored list? Whatever! If you're going to point a finger make sure it's at the right person. But that's really not your style now, is it?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2008, 03:45:31 AM »

A poster accused Zenagent of sexual abuse, being an alcoholic, and failure, upsetting him. He demanded the poster’s IP. It wasn’t revealed, but it’s repulsive that an accused abuser, who demanded the ID of their complainant- as if they had the right to that info- is now a moderator.

He's only a moderator on the PV sub-forum of YLF.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)