Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37243 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
again.. you may want to take this to www.xenu.net as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
I think the trolling is a big part of it also.  If people could learn to accept other people’s opinions and not try to block them by trolling or attacking them for it the discussions would be a lot easier to follow.  I know this because I am usually in the middle of most of them.  I could probably help by not responding to the attacks as much as I do.

Fornits isn't about being polite. On these fori the person who shouts the loudest gets heard the most.

Secondly, I thought there was value in having the threads line up with the most recently posted ones at the top.  This allowed for a fresh view each time a person entered the forum and one could instantly see what was the hot topic for the day at a glance.  Now we have forums like “News Items” near the top, which had a handful a views per year and virtually no posting and is now getting some attention because of its location (although small).  Whereas there is activity (posts) occurring in threads further down the page, but no one sees them so no discussion is generated

yeah I miss the boards bumping themselves automatically as well. hard to be arsed to keep track of the more obscure forum. I'm still waiting on someone to move the facilities Q/A and YLF forum down a few notches. I'm not at all comfortable with them being located at the top of the page.

Thirdly, I don’t see how trying to integrate scientology into the whole mess is going to help anything.  I had a run in with them when I was in college, they were dishonest  to me and I feel they are very deceptive and dangerous, but I think it would distract from the Troubled Teen Industry to introduce that here (in any form), but that’s not my call, good luck with it.

Last I checked it wasn't illegal to be a sciencetologist or being in any sort of cult. However, given the somewhat successful trend of trying to convince people their children are at risk due to cultist nutbags I don't see anything wrong with tying the two. However, I notice that many a times the comparisons seem all very superficial. For example, group A does this and so does group B so therefore they both must be the same. A clearer example would be the US Marine Corps requires all recruits to take an oath prior to admissions and some cults require new members to take an oath therefore the Marines must be a cult.

I think we ought to be very careful slinging around the word cult and tying the TTI into other movements myself. However, if the connections are genuine, and a great many of them have turned out to be, then by all means make the connections based on demonstrated facts. Not wild speculation and personal interpretations based on second hand observations.

As for Sciencetology? well.. I have my doubts about it, but I do know the long term protestors of sciencetology from groups like www.xenu.net are a fairly highly motivated bunch. Maybe that spirit and willingness to protest could seep into the ranks of the TTI counter-culture. I have no faith in the flash in a pan groups like Anonymous who are nothing more than a bored internet subculture that will always be looking for something new to torment. Tying this into a group like that is futile. They have a demonstrated record of showing only a fleeting interest and a thirst for sensationalism.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 10:55:30 AM »
Quote from: "Squat Toilet"
Tying this into a group like that is futile. They have a demonstrated record of showing only a fleeting interest and a thirst for sensationalism.

Are you paying attention.  Within days, Anonymous was able to organize worldwide raids at CoS locations around the world.  the turnout was in the thousands, and the organization is buckling under the stress.  I'm not trying to tie them into anything.  I'm suggesting we learn from some of their tactics.  Also... know that i've been following the whole Sci/Anon war closely and... Anonymous has kind of given birth, to a certain extent.  Those who were in it just for the lulz are the "Lulz Contingent" while another section of that same "consciousness" has splintered off that geniunely cares about the cause...  Somewhere along the line, Anonymous grew a conscience.

Read the reactions:  http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... 47&start=0 they are PISSED.

Look at that board.  That board is very young... yet it has grown fast.  I've watched the naive about cults learn at an incredible rate.  Also.. Scientology is most definitely a cult, and not a voluntary one.  I signed myself into a boarding school.. those kids signed up for something else as well, and so did their parents.  "Voluntary" requires informed consent.  They split families apart through a policy of disconnection...etc...  Same shit, different toilet.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dcig ... s_politics

Are people grateful?

YES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_kcUCQSl8

Just shut up if you have nothing constructive to say.  Help them or don't help them.  I've created a Sea ORG board and asked for the "keys" back from Ginger.  So...
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
I think I'll let Psy's response speak for itself. How he says it very much does a better job than any response I can come up with.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »
Michael is delusional. This shit is his life.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
Quote from: "joanne"

It was the main focus of mine too, for a while.  Couldn't help it.  After experiencing the hell that is the TTI, its kinda hard NOT to get a li'l obsessed about it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »

Maybe so, or maybe what Anne said... but either way, what do you care?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 11:39:51 AM »
The GAO is not finished.

You want to see a carcass, go check out CAFETY.  Stick a fork in it, flip it over and throw some lime on it.  Their newest admin is Blombro's GF, who is on the level of Not Free and threatened one female poster for communicating with her "man". 

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Maybe so, or maybe what Anne said... but either way, what do you care?

So goes another fornits lifer.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »

So goes another fornits lifer.

And your point would be?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
Fornits is moving closer to the policies of CAFETY with every day Michael is allowed to hold the reigns of power over this forum. If posters do not start demanding their complete freedom of speech that made this website what it was, it will eventually be gone. If you do not fit in with Michael's agenda to "fuck up programs" (from his own misguided perspective) -- if you disrupt what he deems serious conversations -- you will be silenced, threatened with police action and bullied of the forum. Don't say you weren't warned.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »
Ok

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Fornits is moving closer to the policies of CAFETY with every day Michael is allowed to hold the reigns of power over this forum. If posters do not start demanding their complete freedom of speech that made this website what it was, it will eventually be gone. If you do not fit in with Michael's agenda to "fuck up programs" (from his own misguided perspective) -- if you disrupt what he deems serious conversations -- you will be silenced, threatened with police action and bullied of the forum. Don't say you weren't warned.

Care to be more specific in these statements? Just how has he and how will he be doing this? Mike can tell me to shut up all he wants, but he does so full well knowing it is pointless as no man has ever had any luck at that to this date.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
nonsense
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

SOMEBODY GOT A PERSONAL AGENDA!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »

Have patience, sometimes it takes time to iron out the kinks; I remember what you are talking about. Mike was just trying to do the right thing, I guess. The fact that you're still here discussing it says something (he has yet banned you?).

And so I'm a 'lifer' so what? What does that make you? You've probably been 'around the block' a few times yourself. :D