Author Topic: Sex as a means to communicate? And certain other intimacy issues.  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
I've noticed myself, lots of other people here I won't call out, and certain people with a similar past to me or just personality types often have a NEED for sex... as a means to communicate. And for people to understand their feelings and to be with them, its necessary. Not just for the sake of 'getting laid' or something carnal, but because thats really the only way to let your guard down, be close, and show your feelings.

I was just making this thread for the people out there who know what I'm talking about, is all.

Lets try to keep this clean, shall we, folks?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Sex as a means to communicate? And certain other intimacy issues.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic "

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:13:14 AM »
I would like to thank you for that.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:57:35 AM »
S'ok... de nada.

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 05:42:26 AM »
Sex can be satisfying when one feels alone/Bad. Notice the instant gradification.

Say when it's time to stop coping.

In her book Recovering from the Loss of a Child, author Katherine Fair Donnelly writes of a man whose infant daughter, Robyn, dies from SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). The child had died in the stroller, while the mother was out walking her. The father had stopped to get a haircut that day and was given a number for his turn.

"It was something he never did again in future years," Donnelly wrote. "He would never take a number at the barber's and always came home first to make sure everything was all right. Then he would go and get a haircut. It became one of the ways he found of coping."

I hate coping.  It's not living.  It's not being free.  It reeks of surviving.

But sometimes it's the best we can do, for a while.

Eight years after my son dies, I was signing the papers to purchase a home. It was the first home I had bought since his death. The night before he dies, I had also signed papers to buy a new home. I didn't know that I had begun to associate buying a home with his death, until I noticed my hand trembling and my heart pounding as I finished signing the purchase agreement. For eight years, I had simply avoiding buying a home, renting one less-than-desirable place after another and complaining about the travails of being a renter. I only knew then that I was "never going to buy another house again." I didn't understand that I was coping.

Many of us find ways of coping. As children, we may have become very angry with our parents. Having no recourse, we may have said to ourselves, "I'll show them, I'm never going to do well at music, or sports, or studies again." As adults, we may deal with a loss, or death, by saying, "I'm always going to be nice to people and make them happy. Then they won't go away." Or we may deal with a betrayal by saying, "I'm never going to open my heart to a woman, or man, again."

Coping often includes making an incorrect connection between an event and our behavior. It may help us survive., but at some point our coping behaviors usually get in our way. They become habits and take on a life of their own. And although we think we're protecting ourselves or someone we love, we aren't.

Robyn didn't die because her father took a number and waited to get his hair cut.

My son didn't die because I brought a new house.

Are you keeping yourself from dong something that you really want to do as a means of coping with something that happened to you a long time ago? Cope if you must, if it helps save your life. But maybe today is the day you could set yourself free.

God, show me if I'm limiting myself and my life in some way by using an outdated coping behavior. Help me know that I'm safe and strong enough now to let that survival behavior go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've noticed myself, lots of other people here I won't call out, and certain people with a similar past to me or just personality types often have a NEED for sex... as a means to communicate. And for people to understand their feelings and to be with them, its necessary. Not just for the sake of 'getting laid' or something carnal, but because thats really the only way to let your guard down, be close, and show your feelings.

I was just making this thread for the people out there who know what I'm talking about, is all.

[/quote]

http://stroke.freeforums.org/index.php? ... 9bf3c85a42

Illuminate the path we tred.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:26 PM »
Nikki... I don't mean as a gratification.

I mean as the only means you know how to really tell someone what you feel and be intimate with them.

For some its not a PHYSICAL need at all....

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »
I suppose sex (in and of itself) can be a form of communication.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
I happened to notice this excerpt in a book that was lying around:

"Sex as an expression of anything other than love is like food without nutritional value. It fills the gap for an instant, then you're hungry again. Sex as an expression of love nourishes you in a cumulative way . . ."

So in other words, the value of sex as communication (or 'expression') is determined by the amount of "love" involved in the sexual act. (I used quotes to avoid corniness.) If you're intimate and in love with someone, sooner or later it will be expressed via sex; it's almost a given....so I guess I know what you're talking about.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
What I mean is its the only way I know how to be intimate with someone without it being clumsy or awkward. Its the only familiar thing. It feels like its the only thing I'm good at when relating to other people... and a lot of people I know in person and here share the sentiment with me. (And no, NOT THE ACT, Frod.)

I guess its due to sex being instinct and primal and social development kind of got robbed from me and the people like me. Also, I wish the people who I'm talking about would instead of saying they'll get around to posting here would just fucking post here.

What I'm trying to say is... for people who can only be close and intimate and let their guards down via sex instead of other means, wtf do we do? People without that personality trait (or problem depending on how you look at it and your own views) often don't get it and think we're just after getting laid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »
If you are asking for sexual advice on a forum devoted to the discussion of child abuse, you have problems.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 11:35:14 PM »
This is for the people who were abused and are in the same boat I am in.

Learn to get some English comprehension.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 12:02:55 AM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic "
(And no, NOT THE ACT, Frod.)

:D :D C'mon, Niles... I wasn't gonna go there...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »
Niles your whole OP screams, "HAI DUDES! I JUST POPPED MY CHERRY LIKE A MONTH AGO!".

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
"All beings, at their roots, are one, hence sex is just the Tao jerking off."

-Stephen Russell

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »
Keeping your feng shui appeased is easily accomplished by a good wank session all over the celestial dragons.