Author Topic: Define the Ideal TBS  (Read 12440 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Define the Ideal TBS
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
I disagree.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
the changes psy made to this forum have only empowered thewho and driven off the other posters. way to go psy!!

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
Quote from: "ERTTY"
MIS was just as rude a thewho

I can't see thespew's posts, he's on my ignore list, but I've been reading MIS's posts and that person has been anything but "rude".  MIS has been patient, and it looks like every effort was made to keep things civil.  I'm sure theSpew accused MIS of "not seeing the big picture", etc., but it seems theSpew was bested by someone with the patience and tenacity to prod him in a straight line.  MIS is a person with a great deal of knowledge about the "binnis" end of the industry that theSpew is so fond of, and also knows what a sham it is.

Long ago, I asked theSpew to name a program he knew to be abusive, and he named one of Cartisano's long-defunct Samoan hell-holes and TB. Believe me, theSpew knows his programs well, and he knows none of them will fare well under close scrutiny.

I applaud you, MIS, you flummoxed theSpew by keeping your cool and insisting he stay focused on specifics instead of generalities, and he blew apart.  You've set a precedent for debating theSpew effectively.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
Zen has always wanted to protect himself from the world. When he was a little boy he would put his hands over his ears and sing Oh Susanna when I was sexually abusing his sister.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Quote from: "ERTTY"
MIS was just as rude a thewho

I can't see thespew's posts, he's on my ignore list, but I've been reading MIS's posts and that person has been anything but "rude".  MIS has been patient, and it looks like every effort was made to keep things civil.  I'm sure theSpew accused MIS of "not seeing the big picture", etc., but it seems theSpew was bested by someone with the patience and tenacity to prod him in a straight line.  MIS is a person with a great deal of knowledge about the "binnis" end of the industry that theSpew is so fond of, and also knows what a sham it is.

Long ago, I asked theSpew to name a program he knew to be abusive, and he named one of Cartisano's long-defunct Samoan hell-holes and TB. Believe me, theSpew knows his programs well, and he knows none of them will fare well under close scrutiny.

I applaud you, MIS, you flummoxed theSpew by keeping your cool and insisting he stay focused on specifics instead of generalities, and he blew apart.  You've set a precedent for debating theSpew effectively.

MIS, listen to Zen.... don't take your ball and run home, you are one of the few who can stay focused on a project and work towards a goal.  The final product should fair to be a good standard for the industry.  We got up to # 6 and I have a proposal for #7 (which I posted). By next Sunday I should be completed and working on the Wilderness list.  I will leave the door ajar awaiting your input but I must move forward... we can always adjust these retroactively if you change your mind.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
Quote from: "Zen Agents Dad"
Zen has always wanted to protect himself from the world. When he was a little boy he would put his hands over his ears and sing Oh Susanna when I was sexually abusing his sister.

No I didn't - you made me take pictures, remember?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
MIS, listen to Zen.... don't take your ball and run home, you are one of the few who can stay focused on a project and work towards a goal.  The final product should fair to be a good standard for the industry.  We got up to # 6 and I have a proposal for #7 (which I posted).

Who is this "we" you speak of?

By next Sunday I should be completed and working on the Wilderness list.

Why would there be a need for a different list?  Any facility that is part of the TTI should be held to the same standards. 

I will leave the door ajar awaiting your input but I must move forward... we can always adjust these retroactively if you change your mind.

YOU'll leave the door open???  Who the fuck put you in charge of this?

We?  What the hell are you talking about?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 04:24:44 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
I applaud you, MIS, you flummoxed theSpew by keeping your cool and insisting he stay focused on specifics instead of generalities . . . You've set a precedent for debating theSpew effectively.

I agree.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
Quote from: "more bullshit from Spew"
Who is this "we" you speak of?

If you read from the beginning there was a poster who called themself ” Make it Simple”.  We were working on putting a list together of requirements that we felt a TBS should have to live by (A standard if you will).  So the “we” I speak of is MIS and myself.

Why would there be a need for a different list?  Any facility that is part of the TTI should be held to the same standards.

Personally (not speaking for MIS) I think the lists should be separate ..... for one I don’t think the stay should be the same… 16 months in wilderness is a little different than 16 months in a boarding school and also wilderness may attract a slightly different clientele then TBS’s although they overlap they are not completely the same.
In short this is some of my thinking.

YOU'll leave the door open???  Who the fuck put you in charge of this?

We?  What the hell are you talking about?

You should try to calm down a little.  There were 2 of us working on this and now there is one… I didn’t choose to go solo but I will carry the ball alone until next Sunday when MIS returns (and longer if needed)…  it may help to alleviate some of your confusion by going back and reading from the beginning.  I provided a bridge link to take you back there at the top of page 1.  Hope that helps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »

If you read from the beginning there was a poster who called themself ” Make it Simple”.  We were working on putting a list together of requirements that we felt a TBS should have to live by (A standard if you will).  So the “we” I speak of is MIS and myself.

I did and you're wrong.  You are not a part of US.  You never will be no matter how many times you write the word WE.

Personally (not speaking for MIS) I think the lists should be separate ..... for one I don’t think the stay should be the same… 16 months in wilderness is a little different than 16 months in a boarding school and also wilderness may attract a slightly different clientele then TBS’s although they overlap they are not completely the same.

Kids' rights are the same no matter where they are.

You should try to calm down a little.

You should shut the fuck up and realise that its a bad idea to tell survivors what they should or shouldn't do.  We had enough of that bullshit inside.

There were 2 of us working on this and now there is one… I didn’t choose to go solo but I will carry the ball alone until next Sunday when MIS returns (and longer if needed)…  it may help to alleviate some of your confusion by going back and reading from the beginning.  I provided a bridge link to take you back there at the top of page 1.  Hope that helps.

Nope.  Not at all.  I didn't require any help idiot.  I'm not confused.  I know exactly what you're trying to do.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
Quote from: "Fuck you Who"
I did and you're wrong.  You are not a part of US.  You never will be no matter how many times you write the word WE.

So you conclude that myself and MIS do not constitute the labeling of “we”.. that is interesting.

Kids' rights are the same no matter where they are.

If we were merely generalizing I would agree with you but we were constructing a list of requirements specific to TBS’s and in my opinion if we took this list and then just randomly applied it to another type of program it would not fit well for the reasons given in my previous post.  Give it some thought I think you might agree.

You should shut the fuck up and realise that its a bad idea to tell survivors what they should or shouldn't do.  We had enough of that bullshit inside.

You should really try to get a handle on your anger and relax, doesn’t matter to me if you are a survivor or a child who benefitted from a TBS or wilderness or a parent.  It doesn’t do anyone any good to get riled up.. we are trying to have a discussion.

Nope.  Not at all.  I didn't require any help idiot.  I'm not confused.  I know exactly what you're trying to do.

I hear you telling me that but by what you  have posted it is obvious you have not gone back to read the previous posts and therefore do not understand what we are trying to work on.
Take a breather, read thru it and then try to contribute if you like.  If you are really a survivor you may have some input on this thread if you are not then maybe your intention is designed to just disrupt or troll and if this is the case have fun the rest of us will get past it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
Bunch a bullshit, deflecting nonsense.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »
Lets recap on our wish list:

#1- there should be unaffiliated therapists providing therapy. The family should be involved in the  therapy and the facility should be as close to the family's home as is reasonably possible.
#2 Unmonitored phone calls should be available to the adolescents
#3 A fixed or predetermined length of stay... or maybe a small window of 14 -16 months..... 6-9 months .... 30 - 60 days etc. depending on the school/program.
#4 -Unless the treatment is specifically approved by an outside therapist it must be evidence based and consistent with any applicable standard of care.
#5-reporting sexual and other abuse to the proper authorities (all staff that treat kids will be mandatory reporters of child abuse to the state where the abuse allegedly occured).
#6-The ability for the children to earn high school diplomas and take the PSAT and SAT's.

#7-- ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
The one on fire*.

*this is known as "humor", and not to be taken as some sort of internet terrorism.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »
There is no evidence that any of these facilities have therapeutic benefit. They exist solely to make money for their owners. Name a program whose owners are scams and con artists. It can't be done.